“Location .....Location....location”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I was looking for a hotel with a good location to be near the Tyson corner mall and all the attractions around it , the Westin hotel was a good chose , with its new renovated rooms which i enjoyed, i do recommend this hotel for a two - three day stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
WTC12345, Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your valuable feedback and we are delighted that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations .
We would like contniue to be your choice hotel when you are visitng the area in future .

Hotel Management,

Reviewed 5 June 2011

This property is poorly maintained with old, slow elevators. I was given an old, crummy room at the end of the hall - probably because of my low rate. There was no coffee to use in the coffee maker and the maid also "forgot" to replenish the shampoo, leaf soap and other toiletries that Westin is known for. I had an ice cold shower, non working refreshment center, stained rug and intermittent a/c. Not the best stay.

Room Tip: Probably stay elsewhere in Tysons.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rhammer

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your detailed feedback on Westin Tysons Corner Hotel from your stay on June 5 2011.
We appreciate your time in providing this detailed feedback which will asssit us in our ongonig efforts to provide excellent service and exceed our guest's expectations.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2011

may 28 2011 stayed here for one saturday night.. we're from North carolina drove there for 5hours we've got there around 6 o' clock and checked in at that time.. anyway we've stayed a night and next day checked out. everything was kool... 2days later i've got back to town and saw my internet banking and they took out 200$... called account dept.. they say it was charged for smoking which I never ever smoked there.. and he(account dept)dude said he got an evidence of me smoking there and wanted me to come see.. ROFL... which is bullcrap cuz 1. smoke detector wasnt even going off... 2. my wife is a witness.. ARE YOU GUYS THAT POOR TO CHARGE SOME PEOPLE FOR SOMETHING THEY HAVNT DONE?????

Room Tip: I will never go to WESTIN period..................
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here for Memorial day weekend and were not so pleassantly surpised that "Westin" is not such a big deal. The hotel property is clean and well decorated. The staff who cheked us in, while he did explain a "deal" they had on the price ( 40% off the second and third night-whcih we appreciated), he said nothing about the hotel's offerings, especially (gasp) the pool!!

Our room was smaller than a typical Hampton Inn (king) room. While it was clean and well-decorated, it was missing several "staples" of today's hotel offerings. Firstly, there was no microwave and the coffeemaker was tiny. The "big screen tv" was kind of small (probably 25 inch) and did not work right. The A/C only worked SOME of the time, which was bad because it was 100 degrees this weekend.
There was NO free wi-fi in the room ($10 per usage!!!) but it was free in the lobby. That is silly, in our opinion. What a stupid way to try and get more money out of customers.
The maid service was questionable, since we had left some things (such as dirty glasses) in the room. When we returned in the evening, some of these were still there. The bed, sheets and comforter were extremely confortable.
There was NO free breakfast (another hotel staple) and the pool was only opne until 9 PM!! If you did sightseeing in DC for the day, there was little chance that you could use the pool by the time you returned. Another silly policy.
In their bathroom, Westin makes a big deal about their (leaf-shaped) soaps, their smapoos and their (exclusive?) double-headed shower. Big deal. THese things did not mean anything to me.
Location is fine for a drive into DC or catching the Metro. Tysons Corners is a pretty area.

While this is not a bad hotel, it is not anythiung specials, or one for which I would go out of my way. Other friends of ours, on the same trip, stayed at a Ramada down the road, whcih was just as nice but had free breakfast and pool open until 11 (for $80 a night).
Stay here is you want, but there are far better values.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mbroad58

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your valuable and detailed feedback regarding your stay with us.
I reviewed your comments regarding the services we provided during your stay.
It is most unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectation on this occasion. Your feedback on property, hotel services has been noted.
We would like the opportunity to welcome you back to Westin Tysons Corner in the near future in an effort to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

This is a nice Westin with all of the normal amenities other than a Concierge Floor or Lounge, which I expect at a Westin. The front desk staff were very efficient, the room was very clean, and the bed was the pillow topped comfort that I like.

There is a teeny-tiny Starbucks in the Lobby that sells muffins in the morning and Maki in the afternoon. The prices were reasonable for the coffee unlike other in-house SBs that rip your wallet apart for a coffee.

The shuttle will take you to meetings or events in the area.

They kept losing my SPG number, first when I reserved, second on my record and third when I checked in. Lots of Foreign Flight crews stay here (pretty nice for a flight crew) so ust be a liottle aware that you may lose the staff's focus when a few 747's land.

Also be aware that the internet fees are silly. You pay for the number of sessions, plus the number of computers. That is BS in my book. You buy access for the room and you can use for as many computers as you want to that period. Really bad nickel and diming.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jfood

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your visit to our hotel .We are delighted with your positive comments regarding the services we provide. Meantime we want to ensure you that you that your feedback and comments regarding internet has been noted.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and we would like to opportunity to welocme you back to Westin Tysons Corner Iin the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westin May 13th-15th for leisure. We took the orange line metro from the airport to the West Falls Church stop, it was then a 5 minute ($7-$9) taxi to the hotel. Check in was a breeze. We were in a regular room on the 4th floor which faced the highway, but was not loud. The rooms were nice, renovated with a comfortable king size bed, sitting chair, desk, flat screen T.V. and mini fridge. Water pressure was awesome and the water was nice and hot. Sounds can be heard from the hallway quite easily.

The lounge was open until 1am while we were there and we enjoyed the appetizers and 'ladies night' $5 drinks on Saturday.

All in all this was a good hotel with a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your valuable comments regarding your stay with us . We are delighted that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We would like to be your home away from home during your visits to the area.

Hotel Management,

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Ok where to start - when looking at the website for this hotel it is horribly deceiving. They show room setups that are modern, clean, relaxing, and bright. Well needless to say - it's anything short of that. When we got to the "traditional" room - I swear it was a Day's Inn but with some larger (albeit out of place) furniture. I mean the door BARELY opened without hitting the toilet. Well needless to say I wasn't happy so I called down to the front desk and after a little hoop jumping they offered to put us in a suite for the same price.

The staff was very nice and they really did try to make the experience a pleasant one. Even check-in was amazingly fast (except the elevators were horribly slow) as was the check out. Room-service was very quick (30mins or less) and the food was really good. Even the breakfast wasn't so bad (though they really should cut back on the salt) but I didn't feel it worth the $17.95 sticker price (our's was included in the package).

The shuttle that they advertise on the website is not what you would expect, they leave at 3 times; 7am, 10am, and 7pm - that's it. Other than that you are on your own - it would be nice to see them run to the Metro station more often because it really was only a 10 minute drive. Also, the wifi/internet is hardly worth the $10 per 24 hours because the speed is god awful slow.

In short, it wasn't a total wash - the staff was very accommodating and nice. Great marks on customer service. Once you are past the hotel lobby, the whole hotel becomes dark, dated, and not the typical Westin experiences I have come to know. Apparently this was a DoubleTree hotel before the Westin bought it - and it shows.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
GuestServicesRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your valuable feedback as well as encouraging comments regarding the services that are provided by our staff.

As Westin Tysons Corner Hotel our goal is not only meet but exceed our guest expectations in an effort to create loyal guests to our property as well as to our Brand.

With your valuable feedback: We are in process of increasing our Shuttle trips to metro Station, monitoring the speed of our wifi/internet services as well as the lightning in our lobby area .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#1 of 15 in Tysons Corner
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!