“Not on my A List”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I stayed here one night for business. The room was tiny -- barely enough room to walk in front of bed to the desk -- and though it claimed to have a honor bar, none was found. As for the hall to the room it was dark, lights were out, and the one of the fire doors would not push back (leaving the hall with a closed in feeling).

Needing a soda I was working that evening (and there was no honor bar) I called for room service. The service was prompt but upon them knocking at the door, I realized the peep hole was non-functional. As a single woman, opening your door and not being able to see the person at the door is not acceptable.

If Westin is reading this -- the room was 1006. As I checked out the next day I told the desk to fix the peep hole. Hopefully it has been done by now.

Room Tip: Consider another property in the area.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
WTC12345, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments will guide us in our continuous efforts to not only meet but exceed our guest’s expectations. Please be assured that concerns regarding safety of our guests are treated with the utmost diligence. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered and we thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
Guest relations

Reviewed 21 June 2011

My daughter and I had an unhappy experience with another hotel in the area that we selected for price. It was awful so we checked out when we learned that we could get the Westin for the same rate of $100/night. We were thrilled with it. Everything looks new and attractive. Our room was very large with a window that filled an entire wall. The beds had luxurious mattresses that were very comfy. There was a flat-screen T.V. and a desk with lots of outlets for electronics. WiFi was available for a fee. The bathroom was large with a tub and shower, a regular mirror plus a small makeup mirror, hair dryer and lots of counter space. There was a safe, iron and ironing board in the closet. Service was awesome. We ordered room service twice and had our meals within 20 minutes. I was impressed that the food was actually hot (past experiences at other hotels was lukewarm food). When I called about a broken remote they provided a replacement within 10 minutes. They provide a free shuttle on a regular basis to Tyson's Corner. Free newspapers are available each morning. There's a restaurant, an indoor pool, gym and a business office available for customers. The personnel at the front desk are eager to provide assistance.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne32513
WTC12345, Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Dear Anne,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and your valuable comments. We are delighted and happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations . We look forward to having you and your family as our guests again in future.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

This hotel was excellent...though the restaurant was quite small and had a limited selection. The room was clean and the bed was nice, but the price was a tad high (par for the course close to the DC Beltway, I guess...). The Internet was shockingly high (I'm used to free, so $11/day seemed quite pricey!).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tmaufer

Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to provide your detalied feedback regarding your stay with us .
We are definitely taking your valuable feedback very seriously and making the necessary adjustments and corrections in the areas you and our guests provide their feedback in an effort to meet and exceed our guest expectations.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and we would like the opportunity to welcome you back to Westin Tysons Corner in future.
Please feel free to contact my office directly regarding any future reservations.

Mehmet Bahtiyar
Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed here for a conference and this hotel was very clean and the conference space was nice. The staff was excellent. Will definitely stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank MrsDodge79

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your valuable feedback and kind comments regarding your stay and the satisfaction you encountered with our services.
We would like to have you as our guest in future .

Reviewed 12 June 2011

I was looking for a hotel with a good location to be near the Tyson corner mall and all the attractions around it , the Westin hotel was a good chose , with its new renovated rooms which i enjoyed, i do recommend this hotel for a two - three day stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your valuable feedback and we are delighted that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations .
We would like contniue to be your choice hotel when you are visitng the area in future .

Hotel Management,

Reviewed 5 June 2011

This property is poorly maintained with old, slow elevators. I was given an old, crummy room at the end of the hall - probably because of my low rate. There was no coffee to use in the coffee maker and the maid also "forgot" to replenish the shampoo, leaf soap and other toiletries that Westin is known for. I had an ice cold shower, non working refreshment center, stained rug and intermittent a/c. Not the best stay.

Room Tip: Probably stay elsewhere in Tysons.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rhammer

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your detailed feedback on Westin Tysons Corner Hotel from your stay on June 5 2011.
We appreciate your time in providing this detailed feedback which will asssit us in our ongonig efforts to provide excellent service and exceed our guest's expectations.

With kind regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 2 June 2011

may 28 2011 stayed here for one saturday night.. we're from North carolina drove there for 5hours we've got there around 6 o' clock and checked in at that time.. anyway we've stayed a night and next day checked out. everything was kool... 2days later i've got back to town and saw my internet banking and they took out 200$... called account dept.. they say it was charged for smoking which I never ever smoked there.. and he(account dept)dude said he got an evidence of me smoking there and wanted me to come see.. ROFL... which is bullcrap cuz 1. smoke detector wasnt even going off... 2. my wife is a witness.. ARE YOU GUYS THAT POOR TO CHARGE SOME PEOPLE FOR SOMETHING THEY HAVNT DONE?????

Room Tip: I will never go to WESTIN period..................
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
#8 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!