“Very Nice Hotel, reasonably convenient”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We have stayed at the Westin Tyson's Corner twice with positives experiences. If you are shopping it is near the Tyson's Corner mega mall, or if you are visiting DC it is reasonably close to the metro to make it an affordable alternative to downtown hotels. The lobby is inviting and the staff is gracious. The food in the lounge is very good and there is free parking. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn1950

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I'm in the Tyson's area a lot for business, and try to stay at the Westin whenever possible. The main reason is their service. Everyone is extremely accommodating and friendly. i was given a room that faced the freeway and it was noisy. I asked to be moved to a room on the other side of the building, which i know is much quieter. The front desk person came to room with a new key, walked me to my new room, and gave me a meal voucher for the "inconvenience." I'm not sure I have ever received service like this and I stay in tons of hotels. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FLfromMN
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Mr. JohnFromMpls,

Thank you for your sincere comments regarding our exceptional services. Making sure you had 100% satisfaction was and will continue to be our goal. We are pleased to hear about your loyalty to The Westin Hotels and are honored to hear that you will be staying again with us during your next visit to the Tysons Corner / McLean area. Your hotel stay/comfort will always be our top priority!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel is newly renovated. It has a nice lobby area and quality hotel lounge. The rooms are spacious with flat screen tv's, and wonderful 'double shower heads'. The staff was attentive and very friendly. The food available in the lounge is also of good quality, although the desserts were a little below par.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Principal911,
We want to thank you for choosing our hotel as well as your positive comments regarding your experience with us here at the Westin Tysons Corner. Our rooms are planned with both design and comfort in mind, and are popular for their cleanliness and modernity. We are also pleased that you liked the “Double Shower Heads” in the bathroom area as it has been one of our Westin signature amenity. We do believe that attention to detail does make a tremendous difference in our Guest’s stay. Thank you again and we would like to continue to be your hotel of choice during your visits to the Tysons / McLean area.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Typical Westin - OUTSTANDING!! Room was large, clean & bed was heavenly. Complementary water & coffe in the room. Adequate & FREE parking. Convenient to the freeway, dining and shopping. The breakfast buffet in the hotel's restaurant is excellent & well-prepared. The bar atmosphere is great & you can order sushi while at the bar.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side from the freeway - there is construction taking place.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for choosing The Westin Tysons Corner for your recent stay and for the kind review you wrote so other Guests like you can be confident in their future stays when traveling to the Tysons / McLean area. We are delighted that you had a good stay at our property. Our Team Members are one of our biggest assets; they are all professional, friendly, and eager to ensure that our Guests enjoy their stay. Your comments have been shared with our team. Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Priceline! Received a rate of $50 a night. The hotel is located off of I-495...there was construction on the higway and I was a little confused, but I made it. Check in was easy and the lobby/bar area is really nice. The room I checked into had a window, but the window faced the lobby, so if you want to look outside, request a room with an outside window view. The hotel room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the restroom/bathroom was clean and nicely decorated as well. The hotel is down the street from a Metro Stop, so getting into DC was easy. If I can ever bid on this hotel on Priceline for the same price, I will return!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Nice design, comfortable bed, excellent service. It's just too bad the price on their website was so high and I had to book through hotwire as it was about $100 less. You can't expect me to be loyal to you and think SPG points are worth $100 extra dollars - come on Westin - you do so many things right!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Nwamre,

It is wonderful to read that we exceeded your hospitality expectations during your stay at The Westin Tysons Corner. The special room design, the heavenly Westin bed and as you mentioned the excellent service are few of the many amenities our property offers to our guests like you. We are also glad to know that you had taken advantage of the limited time offer special rate on Hotwire but please always remember booking directly with the property can always get you the best value offered rate for the time. Again we are glad to hear your stay was Better Than Expected! Thank you.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days as part of a school field trip to the Washington, D.C. area. I found my room to be comfortable, very clean, and quiet. I appreciated the rooms amenities such as bottled water and access to Starbucks coffee in the room. Although I'm not a coffee drinker it was an option I haven't seen at other hotels. There was even a Starbucks coffee in the lobby!

Although I didn't have to park a personal vehicle, I noticed that there was plenty of room for our large 38 passenger tour bus to park. My husband and I are antique dealers and often travel with our truck and trailer. If you are towing or have a larger vehicle this might be an excellent choice to accomodate your vehicle.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear CA HeadHunter;

Thank you for staying 3 days with us during your Tysons / McLean area visit. We're so happy to know you had a comfortable stay! We do pride ourselves on our attentive and friendly staff, and we are happy to welcome and assist you every time. As you mentioned in your Trip Advisor review, our rooms boast both comfort and modernity and include many complimentary amenities, such as bottled water, Starbucks coffee and more. As you suggested, we have one of the largest parking lots in the area and parking is always complimentary. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
#8 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!