“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
New York City, New York
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This place is a great stay. Fabulous for frequent travelers like myself. The breakfast is great, the internet is fast, the bar is quaint, the food prices are good, and the location is perfect. The rooms are clean, quiet and very comfortable. Most of all is the fabulous staff they always recognize you like you are family. Arch a front desk man always goes above and beyond in kindness and brightness. Great Stay!

Room Tip: I never ask for a special location I always enjoy every area of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
It is certainly rewarding to read that Arch provided you an excellent service and ensured you had a great stay. He was thrilled to read that his efforts are recognized. I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

Mark N.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Carlisle, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've stayed at this Westin several times, and have never had a problem. The staff is wonderful. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are clean and smell fresh. The shuttle to the Tysons Corner mall and the Falls Church Metro station is convenient, as I did not have a car. The area around the hotel is not pedestrian friendly at all, so the shuttle is a must.

I will keep this place on my short list of places to stay when in the DC area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside view, rather that one that looks at the lobby
1 Thank 97snob
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thanks so much for your review. We realize that you travel a great deal and are so flattered that our Westin Tysons Corner is on your short list. Your feedback and endorsement are greatly appreciated; we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I travel to the Falls Church area every week for work and stay at the Westin. The staff is an absolute pleasure to come back to. Arch greets each guest with a huge smile and warm "welcome back". He is very helpful and goes above and beyond for even the smallest request. If you have to be away from your family, it helps to be at a place where he and Cynthia work hard to make it feel like a home away from home as soon as you step in the door. When you need any thing at all, you can call service express and be greeted by Alycia's forever cheerful voice. She is incredibly helpful and attentive and makes each and every guest feel special. It truly is a great staff and makes the hotel experience a great one!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Tysons Corner for your regular business trips and thank you as well for sharing such positive feedback on TripAdvisor. It is truly rewarding to read that you have found the Westin Tysons Corner your home away from home and that you enjoy the various amenities the hotel has to offer. Your kind words pertaining to our service team are an inspiration to our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Your loyalty and patronage are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to your next visit.

Oxon Hill, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I needed a place to get some work done and didn't want to pay a lot of money. Made reservation on hotels.com, called hotel to see if I could come in earlier. Manager called me back and said I could come in earlier then 3pm. Refrigerator, free Wi-Fi, Safe, theater type TV, large desk, bed was comfortable, room was clean. Would definitely stay again.

Things they don't tell you. Room Service is high and my food was not hot. Located 5 minutes from the hotel is Tyson Corner Galleria Mall (with Food Court), Olive Garden (Italian Restaurant) is around the corner and so is McDonald's. Make right at light by hotel is a Grocery store on the right. For those that gamble if you go straight down Leesburg Pike it will take you to West Virginia. Charlestown Racetrack is about hour from the hotel. Leesburg Pike always have heavy traffic, map out were you want to go before driving and ask at the front desk were exactly it is located.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Westin Tysons Corner hotel. I'm so glad that you took advantage of the hotel's many amenities while here. I've shared your comments with our entire team and I am thrilled our staff was able to accommodate your early arrival. I'm sorry you had a subpar experience with our room service; I'd like to ask that you please let me know if future travels return you to Tysons Corner so that I can personally ensure you are able to experience the restaurant and Bar. Thank you again for your detailed review.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed on recent business trip to DC. Typical business hotel, comfortable but a little tired. Room was clean and quiet. Staff was nice and helpful. Restaurant is fairly worthless. If you have a car, its a convenient location, only a quick drive to Tysons or Falls Church and right of 495. If you don't have a car, its tougher -- there is NOTHING at the hotel, and its an unpleasant walk to the mall. The hotel does run an hourly shuttle to Tysons Corner Center. Expensive internet.

1 Thank PlannerGeek
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We regret that we were not able to make every aspect of your stay exceptional. We are taking your feedback into consideration as we continuously strive to improve our service and amenities. I am glad to hear that your room was clean and comfortable and the staff were helpful and nice. We hope you return and provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel was older, but updated. We arrived late in a rainstorm, so decided to have a flatbread pizza in the bar. It was nothing special, but expensive. We had a spacious king room with the best bed of our 10 day trip. After a delicious buffet breakfast, it was an easy drive to the city the following day. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and am happy to know you took advantage of the Bluefire Restaurant and Lounge. Your feedback regarding our breakfast has been shared with the Food & Beverage team; We hope to welcome you back on your next journey.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Westin! This particular Westin often offers great discounts and this latest one also included an amazing hot breakfast buffet. I would not say this hotel is the best Westin I every stayed at but it is very nice with great prices and the location I prefer for visiting the DC area. The hotel is right off the DC beltway. They also offer free shuttle service within several miles of the hotel including the Metro station and the Tysons Mall. This was especially helpful during the mall's busy Thanksgiving weekend. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable but it is starting to show a little wear in spots. The 2 free bottles of water daily was appreciated. This hotel continues to be my current favorite hotel when visiting DC and I plan on staying here again for my next trip.

Room Tip: If your dates are flexible, watch for the periodic great deals at this location.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and I am happy to know you took advantage of our shuttle service and our Suprerfood breakfast buffet. We certainly want to continue to be your favorite hotel when visiting DC. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
No photo provided
Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church
Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church
#1 of 15 in Falls Church

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!