“Blackout curtains, comfortable bed”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Salem, Virginia
“Blackout curtains, comfortable bed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We travel often for Capitals hockey and after trying many hotels in the area, this Westin is our new home away from home. The location is a bit too busy and crowded for my taste, the hotel is large and as such can have noisy guests.

However, all of this is overridden for me by the blackout curtains and comfortable beds. I am extremely particular about hotel mattresses with most being too hard and uncomfortable to me. This is one of only 2 hotels that I've been able to sleep comfortably in. Also, the staff always greets us warmly and professionally.

Finally, I always request extra pillows when booking online and this hotel is one of only a few that actually fulfilled the request without any additional requests by me. Very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We are so grateful for the time you took to write such a thoughtful review about our hotel. We are always thrilled to hear our guests enjoyed our hotel and service. I am delighted that we are your home away from home. Please contact me before your next visit mnamdar@westintysonscorner.com
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!!

Mark N.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been staying at the Westin for business trips during the past 8 yrs. Each time, I find the staff - from front desk, to concierge, to room service, to maid service, to be top knotch. They are obviously well-trained, perform in an excellent manner, and treat guests as guests...and then some. The rooms are very, very comfortable; I find them spacious, meticulously clean, modern/updated, and - did i mention comfy? The location couldn't be better, whether it be for business, pleasure, or shopping. Parking is crowded, but there always seems to be an 'open' spot if one drives around the lots one time, or is willing to wait just a moment or two; there seems to always be folks who are leaving the hotel ground. I highly recommend the Westin; in my view, it is one of the best in the Tysons Corner area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
gmres1, Owner at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We can’t thank you enough for your 4 star rating. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and experienced the exceptional service that we pride ourselves on. We know you have many options when traveling and appreciate that you chose The Westin Tysons Corner.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel was clean, the multilingual staff was friendly and helpful, ample free parking was available. It is close to averything the DC suburbs have to offer and only a metro ride away from the District itself. The only reason it didn't get 5 is because of the traffic noise we could hear from our room even with the curtains closed and the air-conditioning blowing. If you get a room, ask for one not over the Pike side.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room that doesn't overlook Leesburg Pike
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rebecca H
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We really appreciate the great review of the Westin Tysons Corner. Our staff cares greatly about giving each guest a memorable experience and I am pleased that you enjoyed the service and your time at The Westin Tysons Corner. We look forward to your next visit very soon.
Montebello, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I wouldn't stay here again. I've stayed in quieter hotels in a party city like Vegas. Don't stay here if you want quiet. Slamming doors, shouting in the hall at all hours, 7am and then again at 10pm. Someone even frightened me by trying to open our door, not to mention a random call at 7am that woke us up. Never, ever have I had such a strange stay at a hotel. I swear every time someone next door used the bathroom I would hear water running. When the air condition kicks in its kinda loud, woke me up, so glad I had ear plugs. No free wifi. As someone else mentioned, elevators are tiny, there is one larger one. My husband was also disappointed in the television channels available.

What I did like was the Starbucks coffee in the room, they gave us 2 free bottles of water daily, the hair dryer is decent, bed was comfy, lifeguard in duty at the pool, pool was nice. Theres a small cooler available to keep our water cool.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 4th floor... I guess, so loud.
Green Features: You can opt out of clean linens daily and they give you a credit or something. Also signs that you can borrow gym clothes to work out for a fee, i didn't try the service.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ericaberryy
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Many thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that your experience was less than pleasant. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and product offerings. This is certainly not indicative of us and for that I apologize. I appreciate your review and would be grateful for a chance to connect with you further. I invite you to please contact me direct at mnamdar@westintysonscorner.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cody, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Not bad, but not great, either. Very good customer service, with friendly and responsive front desk. I'd also recommend the full-service restaurant, which offered uniformly tasty food. (The marinara-style dipping sauce which is provided as an appetizer was among the best I've ever had!) The room I stayed in was comfortable, though somewhat cramped. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to/from local shopping malls and the West Falls Church Metro station, but the schedule is rather limited and somewhat problematic. For example, the Metro runs until midnight (3 am on Fridays and Saturdays), but the hotel's shuttle service ends at 10 on weekdays (somewhat later on weekends, but still not as late as Metro runs). If you opt for a cab to make the roughly 1.5 mile trip from the train station, it may cost upwards of $20 if traffic is bad (a near-certainty in this busy location, especially during the long suburban Virginia rush hour . . . and the cabs seem to quit running after 9 or 10 pm, so you may find yourself in a difficult spot unless you plan ahead. It is not the kind of area you'd feel safe walking in alone late at night.) Other issues: the hotel seems open and is brightly let in most areas, except for the lobby, which feels claustrophobic; the "business suite" for guests' use is hard to find; and an access fee of $10.95 per 24 hours for Internet service seems very steep for an establishment that caters to business client. (There is free Wifi available in the lobby, but the seats are not really designed for laptop users.) Bottom line, you won't go wrong staying here, but unless you've got some sort of discount, you may want to look elsewhere first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the parking lot; rooms on the other side of the hotel overlook a noisy, a...
Green Features: Good, but you have to wonder--as other reviewers have noted--why the hotel offers dual shower heads as a "plus" but then urges guests to consider using only one while showering.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Much thanks for your review. We're delighted to know that you enjoyed your food in the restaurant and the service of the front desk team. Thank you again for your comments; we hope to welcome you back in the near future if/when your travels return you to Tysons.

united states
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

It seems to be at the tail end of a renovation. That's appreciated. The typical welcoming Westin scents are not lost. The work out gear, like other Westins, are short on Mens Large. That seems like it could be fixed with ease but continues to be a problem. The "starbucks" is not a Starbucks - but that is to be expected.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments. It's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The people here are very nice, but the technology is just not up to speed. Hotel chains like Westin want to try to make you feel at home, and my "home" morning ritual begins with watching Mike & Mike in the Morning on ESPN2. On Tuesday morning, I woke up to a frozen image on the screen for ESPN2. I reported it to the guest service, who simply said they would report it to the Engineering Department (I guess I could not expect the Guest Service at the Front Desk to be able to fix this at 06:00 AM). Then, Tuesday night May 13, I wanted to watch the NBA Conference Semifinals on TNT. Once again, no luck. TNT was out throughout the entire hotel. I guess it would have been expecting too much to get management to react to this (surely, I could not have been the only disgusted guest in the hotel over this!) and to get it right tonight, Wednesday, May 14 for the NBA Conference Semifinals on TNT! The exact same problem. It's now 11:30 PM, and I have been waiting after my last call 30 minutes ago, where I was asked (and agreed) "would you like us to send an engineer up to your room to see if they can fix it there?" BUYER BEWARE: the guest service representative last night asked me "are you trying to watch a game, as it seems to always happen during some type of game." So, if you have to stay here on a night of a game, my advice is to locate a Buffalo Wild Wings or other sports bar you can head to, like I am about to do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I was mortified to read your review and dismayed at what you experienced; thank you for bringing this to our attention. We pay a lot of money for the TV services at the hotel and I am not sure what happened on the GAME DAY. On behalf of all the staff, we apologize for any displeasure. I can assure you this is not consistent with our Hotel’s track record and I’m hopeful you will contact me personally at (703) 394-2121 to discuss the matter further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
#64 of 140 in Washington DC
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,298 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church
#1 of 15 in Falls Church

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!