“Nice Hotel”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 9 June 2014

First time staying at this hotel & I love staying at The Westin. Love the blackout curtains,the privacy & just the overall room. check-in & check-out was fast & simple. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable there's always a plus to having a refrigerator .

Room Tip: Always go with the room that's available on the highest floor all the way to the back for the ul...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Hotels and for writing a review about your stay. We hope your travels will return you to Tysons Corner very soon...

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for five nights and enjoyed the location close-in to shopping and restaurants. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff was friendly. However, when I needed additional toiletries, towels, etc., the housekeeping staff's inability to understand English was a bit frustrating. The front desk staff was always helpful and responsive in those instances. Since this was a pet-friendly hotel, we brought our Norwich, and they gave her a nice plump pet bed and water bowl. That was a nice touch. It seemed like the hallways and the parking lot could use a little more timely cleaning/picking up. We will come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your business and loyalty. Thanks for recognizing some of our top notch players like Estella, Ifra and Arch. We pride ourselves on having warm, friendly, caring staff and are thrilled that's exactly what you experienced while here. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff; we appreciate your endorsement and just hope each return visit brings an experience equally as wonderful. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I decided to come back to this hotel since September 2013 and was excited to see some familiar faces behond the front desk including Arch, Ifra and Estella and these three people always going out of their way to make it a comfortable one. They are always willing to go the extra mile if it is a complimentary buffet, extended checkout, additional waters on a hot 90 degree day and one of the drivers even went out of his way to make sure there was cold water waiting for me when I returned from dinner on Sunday night. The lifeguard was engaging at the pool where I spend most of my time at the hotel if I am not sleeping and he even saved the day by returning my swimming goggles that I left before at the hotel. I enjoyed the room, TV worked most of the time and had no issues with the housekeeping which seems to be my big hot button these days! The elevators have been updated and overall, a very pleasant stay. I've become renergized about this property and look forward to my next visit in August or September and want to see the aforementioned Big Three working behind the front desk!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Mall so you will reduce the highway noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

We are so grateful for the time you took to write such a thoughtful review about our Westin Tysons Corner hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and experienced the exceptional service that we pride ourselves on. We would be thrilled to welcome you back any time and appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay. We hope to see you again soon !!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

To start with, they didn't had my booking when I reached. I showed them the booking email and then they were giving me a different room than requested. After several minutes they found a similar room to my booking.

The room itself was not clean when we entered. I could see the fibers and trash particles on the carpet. Bed was comfortable. They cleaned it the next day when we were out.

Overall an average experience, nothing to be excited about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Westin Tysons Corner. Your feedback is very important to us. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure and we sincerely regret the mix up on your reservation and the cleanliness issues. We will take your comments into serious consideration as we review our internal processes to ensure such challenges do not arise in the future.
We hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

mark N.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I just had a lovely stay at the Westin. I was concerned about having a noisy room and upgraded for just $50 to a higher floor. It was superb and the bed the most comfortable I've ever slept on. Had emailed manager a few days before and he came through in diamonds, putting me in a room that did not face the highway. I slept like a baby and was fresh and ready for my meetings the next day. What can I say about the staff that would fully demonstrate how wonderful they were. Everyone was amazing, from the front desk to the waiter in the dining room who was so helpful in making sure I had a great dinner. I worked down in the lobby which was quite and has free wi-fi.
I particularly liked the pool where I was the only swimmer. Very nice lifeguard who was so friendly. Water was around 80 degrees and I swam a million laps -- well not quite a million.
Can't say enough good things about the Westin. Just a super experience. I should have stayed the weekend.
Thanks to the manager and his team for a truly lovely and restful stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor and not face the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for you’re taking the time to share your experience at Westin Tysons Corner. We appreciate your kind words; however, the greatest compliment of all is knowing that our staff provided extraordinary service throughout your stay. It would be an honor to welcome you back as soon as your relocate to Northern Virginia. Please contact me directly to coordinate your future reservations. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon..

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We travel often for Capitals hockey and after trying many hotels in the area, this Westin is our new home away from home. The location is a bit too busy and crowded for my taste, the hotel is large and as such can have noisy guests.

However, all of this is overridden for me by the blackout curtains and comfortable beds. I am extremely particular about hotel mattresses with most being too hard and uncomfortable to me. This is one of only 2 hotels that I've been able to sleep comfortably in. Also, the staff always greets us warmly and professionally.

Finally, I always request extra pillows when booking online and this hotel is one of only a few that actually fulfilled the request without any additional requests by me. Very satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so grateful for the time you took to write such a thoughtful review about our hotel. We are always thrilled to hear our guests enjoyed our hotel and service. I am delighted that we are your home away from home. Please contact me before your next visit mnamdar@westintysonscorner.com
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been staying at the Westin for business trips during the past 8 yrs. Each time, I find the staff - from front desk, to concierge, to room service, to maid service, to be top knotch. They are obviously well-trained, perform in an excellent manner, and treat guests as guests...and then some. The rooms are very, very comfortable; I find them spacious, meticulously clean, modern/updated, and - did i mention comfy? The location couldn't be better, whether it be for business, pleasure, or shopping. Parking is crowded, but there always seems to be an 'open' spot if one drives around the lots one time, or is willing to wait just a moment or two; there seems to always be folks who are leaving the hotel ground. I highly recommend the Westin; in my view, it is one of the best in the Tysons Corner area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
gmres1, Owner at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

We can’t thank you enough for your 4 star rating. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and experienced the exceptional service that we pride ourselves on. We know you have many options when traveling and appreciate that you chose The Westin Tysons Corner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
#11 of 15 in Tysons Corner
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!