“Nice hotel, but poor set-up.”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The hotel was nice but the shuttle to the Metro only goes from 7-10 A.M. and doesn't go again until 7:00 P.M. The pool closes at 9 PM. The room's doors slam when you close them so there is no way to sleep in. Woke us up at 6:00 AM both mornings we stayed!! We had cold water our last day for showering. We were told there was breakfast served every day, but it was actually a restaurant where an omlet was $15 alone! For a 4 Star hotel i was not impressed at all!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stay at the Westin Tysons Corner often for business. Like the location, as it's close to Tysons (free shuttle to/from hotel) but not so close that you get stuck in all the famous Tysons traffic. Older hotel (used to be a Doubletree), but they've renovated it pretty nicely. Can't beat the Heavenly Bed, but the food is pretty expensive and all the parking is outside (not fun during winter there). High speed internet is pretty bad (very slow speeds most of the time).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Ken R
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The rooms here are a bit smaller than other Westins that I have stayed at, but it is worth it to have peace of mind. The beds are very comfortable...especially the pillows. Everything was clean and nice. The front desk staff was great! Pool was very nice. Business center has three computers and a copier/printer. Starbucks in the lobby is decent. Wish there were fridges in the room instead of the "cooler", but overall it was a great deal and a nice stay. I was told the room service was great, but it was gone by the time I got back up. :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2010

The Westin hotel was really nice and clean. Hidden away behind a cherry cabinet was a refrigerator . The king size bed was very comfortable for the two nights my husband and I stayed at this hotel. Although we did not have a suite, the room did contain a nice size flat screen tv, a chair w/pillow and a leather ottoman. We really enjoyed the fact that the hotel is located minutes from the Tyson Corner shopping malls and resturants like the Cheesecake Factory & Maggianos are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I arrived after a 5 hour road trip with my family on Friday night at about 11:00 PM. As I drove up to the Hotel I noticed many young kids outside, smoking and drinking. Apparently there was an event at the hotel that had spilled out into the parking lot. I actually asked the man at the hotel, " Is this place safe for my family?". There where drunk "woman of the night" roaming in the lobby and around the front enterance. I know this becasue as I sat and smoked on the front bench I could hear the negotiations going on. The man at the counter said, once you get to your room you will be alright. Ok, so I sat in front of this place for an hour smoking my Gloria Cubana and II can tell you I counted about 7 shady looking females come and go. Being from NY I can tell a service girl from a regular guest. Long and short here is the place transforms after hours becasue the next day, the day shoft was there and I couldnt have been happier with the service we recieved. The place is generally clean but I would chose another place to bring my family as this place reminded me of a night club every night after 10:00 PM. Also, and I hate to bring this up becasue Im not sure it will be relevant to everyone, but, there was not one native english speaking employee at the Hotel. Not one.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We were pleased with every aspect of our business stay. There was a unique Japanese tea and music happening next to the bar when we were there, which made me feel like I was on a bit of a retreat while business traveling. The bartender was accomodating and the apps were tasty.

Meeting staff met our needs and the business center helped out when we needed them.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We spent 4 3-day weekends here during September 2010 while renovations were completed on our condo. Overall this is a very adequate Westin with the standard amenities one would expect. The front desk staff are affable and professional...willing to meet any special requests of their guests. The lounge is small yet comfortable with a reasonable selection of wines by the glass. (Although the bartender one evening didn't know what sparkling water was.) The shuttle service to the Tysons Galleria and Tysons Corner Center is convenient since one can not walk along Leesburg Pike over I-495 to the shopping centers. Rooms are clean and feature the Heavenly Bed...very relaxing. The building is probably a few decades old and having gone through at least 2 rebrandings (Ramada to Doubletree to Westin) and the age shows in some ways but not measurably so. The indoor pool area and workout facility are clean and enjoyable. Keep in mind that the pool has limited morning and evening hours during the week. There was a housekeeping issue on our last evening. The housekeeper did a very sloppy job cleaning the room and even left dirty glasses behind. However, management was extremely apologetic and handled the issue with great care. A minor complaint: The elevators are old, slow, and break down. We were stuck for about 5 minutes between the 5th and 6th floors one evening. A prior reviewer raised issue with the "international" flavor and I must respond. Fairfax County VA is a diverse place and one is more than likely to encounter a wide array of many different kinds of people.: ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, right-wing "Teapartiers" etc. Also, the property's location near Dulles International Airport also translates into a higher proportion of people from throughout the world. I'm sorry that the reviewer felt that headscarves were uncomfortable, but such is life in metro DC...I might suggest hotels further outside the metro area if people are truly frightened by cultural integration.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Merrifield
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#1 of 15 in Tysons Corner

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!