“Quiet, clean, affordable, off the beaten path.”
Review of Country View Inn

Country View Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fancy Gap
Bluefield, VA
“Quiet, clean, affordable, off the beaten path.”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Setting in my room at Country View. I've wanted to stay here for a long time, and finally the opportunity came. The wife and I took off for a 24 hour road trip and we stopped here. This place is as quaint and quiet as I thought it would be. Far enough from I77 that I couldn't hear any traffic. Cleaner than most chains we've stayed at. No frills (micro, fridge) but a nice, clean, quiet place to rest. TV has minimal channels, but clear. Coffee maker in room. Beds are comfortable, pillows fluffy. The decor is nice :). Seems to be Noah meets Valentines Day :). Bath very clean. The price we payed was well within our budget. We will come back. I'll recommend Country View to any and all.

Room Tip: Off the beaten path so to speak, but well worth it. You can see the property from I77. Our 2nd flo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wvresq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Needed an extra night's stay before we could get into our cabin rental in nearby Galax, so as to enjoy the area an extra day of the weekend. Mt. Airy totally booked due to Autumn Leaves Festival, and other just as close rental almost 3x the price of this quaint little place. Read a majority of very good reviews, and elected to try it. Basic king bed and bathroom, no micro nor fridge, but for whopping total of $55 and change including all taxes, can't be beat. Did have to air out the room from the fragrance they used--a little too heavy. VERY CLEAN. A bit overboard with the doll decorations, which actually limited some surface space we could have otherwise used. Quiet inside despite I-77 proximity. Great little restaurant not far from motel, and very cheap gas for the area at the gas station next to it Will definitely return for no frills weekend. You will need a cooler unless you eat out every meal. They do have ice. MUCH NICER than Knights Inn in Galax, though that too is a relatively cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: You can back right up to first floor rooms and unload. Just watch out for posts with gutter spouts.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pga007
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Headed south needing to stop for some sleep and hit the Fancy Gap exit. Only two hotels here....the simple Country View Inn and another 'chain' place. The chain hotel is overpriced for us basically because we do NOT need a swimming pool or food in the morning. Country View Inn filled the bill! Quaint is the word...but clean is the key. Hotel was packed and we got the next to the last room. Even though full, it was VERY quiet...yep, like that also. And, yes, there is a good view~ We would stay there again. And it is good for families with children also.

Room Tip: We were on second floor near the stairs but never heard others.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary D
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a sleeper, no pun intended. This place was a great deal, run by nice country folks, and without question, was the cleanest motel I have stayed in, in over a year.
As you go in to the office, there is a sign that says be nice or leave. So true. The proprietor was very nice, and I even bought a jar of homemade raspberry jam, which was fantastic.
When you are on the road, what you want is a nice quiet peaceful evening, with a comfortable bed. This was perfect. No modern motel nonsense, rather the room was decorated in an old school way, which kind of reminded you of visiting grandma. Do not judge a book by its cover. If you want to save money, sit outside your room and look at mountains, and enjoy a cup of coffee, this is the place. Can't wait to visit them again.

Room Tip: No suggestions here.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Christopher J
Mulberry, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have travelled to southwestern Virginia from Florida for the past four years. I used to stay in Galax (12 miles away by interstate and highway), but now I always stay at the Country View Inn. The rooms have always been clean and decorated nicely. With the price being so much cheaper than the chain motels, people tend to be nervous. However, don't worry about your stay at the Country View Inn. It is a wonderful place to stay! The television has a "fair" list of channels and the wifi has worked fine every time I was there. The people at the desk have always been friendly and efficient. I was just there on the nights of June 26-29 and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, Fancy Gap lost power one of the afternoons I was there, but things like that happen. Now, I feel I need to answer some of the negative replies. First of all, for people complaining about the age, décor, or amenities of the motel, what do you expect for the price. Country View Inn is clean, everything works, and it is a wonderful value! Personally, I prefer the personal touch of their rooms to the chain motels, but some of the negative replies must come from people who expect a flat screen tv, movie channels, and all newer equipment in the room. That is fine, but remember that those places deserve a higher rate. Don't go to a small independent motel and write reviews about it by stating how it is not like a Hyatt Regency. Secondly, I read some negative reviews about the owners and I would like to respond to that. Country View Inn is obviously a small family operation. I have found the owners to be friendly, but obviously they don't hire a night shift that sleeps in the day. So... I would expect occasional delays if the front desk is called late at night. However, I must also state that I have never had a problem with the people working there and I have booked a "late" room in the past with the owner being nothing but polite. With the little things they add, such as a few gardened areas, individually decorated rooms, and an interesting lobby, it is obvious that these people take pride in what they do. I will always stay at the Country View Inn and if you are not looking for the amenities of some of the bigger chain motels, then give this place a try. I'm proud to support the Country View Inn and it is not just a place a stay while on the road, it is actually my mountain destination now. It might be cool to rent a nice cabin in the mountains, but with the Country View Inn offering nice, clean rooms, and hospitable service, I don't want to. I cant wait to go back in two weeks!

Room Tip: The steps can be slippery, so get a bottom room if you have difficulty with walking or balance.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank John292
Harrisburg, N.C.
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My stay was on a very,very,very foggy evening the first week of July. From the outside, the motel is really kind of plain, in fact it's very plain. The reality is though, we don't stay on the outside, do we? My room was kind of small, but it offered more remnants of a room at home than maybe I've ever seen. We're talking stuffed animals, nice pictures and very nice curtains. The room I stayed in( #17) was very clean, carpet was worn but clean, and the bathroom was extremely clean. The TV worked well, although the number of channels was kind of limited. They did have Fox News, which left me pleasantly surprised, becuase there is a premium cost to have that on the menu. My wifi seemed to run slowly, and I wondered if it were because I was a considerable distance from the office. It worked ok, but was just a little slow in moving from site to site. The room had a microwave and refrigerator, and there was a candy machine and drink machine in the office. Bottom line, to stay in this room for a little over $34.00 was, to me anyway, a very quality buy. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and accomodating as they checked me in. I would not hesitate to stay here again, in fact I will look forward to it. Next time , maybe it won't be in the midst of horrible weather. I have a real feeling the name of the motel will become far more relavant on a day when you could actually see the country. If you're traveling and want a comfortable place to stay, which may remind you of home , Country View Inn may be a place for you. Enjoy your travels!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve C
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Perfect place to stop off for the night on a long road trip. Pay half the price and still get a restful nights sleep. Each room is personally decorated, king size beds and a hot shower... Pet friendly too. My husband and I, as well as our racing buddies highly recommend a nights stay... Especially for the savings!

• Stayed June 2013
#3 of 8 in Hillsville
Best Western Bryson Inn
Best Western Bryson Inn
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Country View Inn? Share your experiences!