“Can't be beat for $34.00 + tax”
Review of Country View Inn

and 1 more site!
Country View Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fancy Gap
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Clean room, stayed in #17. Everything worked. Pleasant and fast check in. Located just off parkway. Flat paved parking for those mc riders. No restaurants in walking distance but a short drive. Cell service, internet, only 10 tv channels so no weather channel. Bottom line: this is old school lodging. If you are looking for a bed in a box with big screen, HBO and modern furnishings, you won't find it at a $34.00 motel. There is a Days Inn just down the street. Travels, check this place out, tourists go down the street.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was a stop for us after a fog filled day on the BRP. The owner was very nice and gave some good advice as far as getting to Mt. Airy. No noise, wonderful night sleep and very inexpensive. Would recommend whole heartedly!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewMexicoGrammer
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was on my way north in April of 2013 from an extended stay in Florida. I needed a place to rest from the long drive. I certainly got it. The room was comfortable, very clean and reasonably priced. The owners were friendly and gave me good advice. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Kenneth K
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First let me start off by stating that my husband and I aren't picky about our hotel rooms. As long as the place is clean, with a decent shower, a comfortable bed, and in a safe area we are fine with it. This motel fit the bill and we would stay here again without hesitation. There are NO frills here just a basic room to sleep in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pinkgal47
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Setting in my room at Country View. I've wanted to stay here for a long time, and finally the opportunity came. The wife and I took off for a 24 hour road trip and we stopped here. This place is as quaint and quiet as I thought it would be. Far enough from I77 that I couldn't hear any traffic. Cleaner than most chains we've stayed at. No frills (micro, fridge) but a nice, clean, quiet place to rest. TV has minimal channels, but clear. Coffee maker in room. Beds are comfortable, pillows fluffy. The decor is nice :). Seems to be Noah meets Valentines Day :). Bath very clean. The price we payed was well within our budget. We will come back. I'll recommend Country View to any and all.

Room Tip: Off the beaten path so to speak, but well worth it. You can see the property from I77. Our 2nd flo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wvresq
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Needed an extra night's stay before we could get into our cabin rental in nearby Galax, so as to enjoy the area an extra day of the weekend. Mt. Airy totally booked due to Autumn Leaves Festival, and other just as close rental almost 3x the price of this quaint little place. Read a majority of very good reviews, and elected to try it. Basic king bed and bathroom, no micro nor fridge, but for whopping total of $55 and change including all taxes, can't be beat. Did have to air out the room from the fragrance they used--a little too heavy. VERY CLEAN. A bit overboard with the doll decorations, which actually limited some surface space we could have otherwise used. Quiet inside despite I-77 proximity. Great little restaurant not far from motel, and very cheap gas for the area at the gas station next to it Will definitely return for no frills weekend. You will need a cooler unless you eat out every meal. They do have ice. MUCH NICER than Knights Inn in Galax, though that too is a relatively cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: You can back right up to first floor rooms and unload. Just watch out for posts with gutter spouts.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pga007
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Headed south needing to stop for some sleep and hit the Fancy Gap exit. Only two hotels here....the simple Country View Inn and another 'chain' place. The chain hotel is overpriced for us basically because we do NOT need a swimming pool or food in the morning. Country View Inn filled the bill! Quaint is the word...but clean is the key. Hotel was packed and we got the next to the last room. Even though full, it was VERY quiet...yep, like that also. And, yes, there is a good view~ We would stay there again. And it is good for families with children also.

Room Tip: We were on second floor near the stairs but never heard others.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 8 in Hillsville
Mountain Top Motel
Mountain Top Motel
#2 of 2 in Fancy Gap

Been to Country View Inn? Share your experiences!