Lonesome Pine Cabins
Comfort Inn(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$113
ComfortInn
Knob Hill Motor Lodge(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
US$74
Hotels.com
Super 8 Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$49
Red Roof Inn Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
US$63
Red Roof
US$124
Motel 6 Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$63
US$102
Quality Inn Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
Priceline
Country View Inn(Fancy Gap)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
Scottish Inn(Fancy Gap)
HotelQuickly
All reviewsfront porchmy husband and iviews are greatlocated rightrelaxing stayfireplacejacuzzirockingcabinpotskitchenettecountrymilesgroceriesownerhilltrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Cabins are very clean, scenery/views are great. If you are riding the Parkway and need a place to stay this is it. Everything you need is close by. Raps place at the entrance has great food. Would have loved to stayed 2-3 nights.

Room Tip: Four couples stayed in Cabins 2, 3, 9 & 11. All of them were great but I would give the edge to Cabin 3. We stayed in Cabin 11, it was a little larger than the rest and had a big porch.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Al O
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My husband and I contently stayed in the cozy piece of the Appalachia called "The Stone Mountain" or cabin 10. I was refereed to Lonesome Pine by a friend who boasted about the wonderful atmosphere of the cabins and the beauty of the locale.My husband and I wanted celebrate my birthday away from the hectic rituals of our daily life. I operate a private animal rescue in Patrick County VA. My days are filled to the brim with helping needy dogs and cats. So, to get a much deserved break was glorious. The cabin was excellent and succeeded my expectations. It was warm and toasty. The fire place and heater worked perfectly, which that was a good thing with the whipping wind and blowing frigid snow that was encasing the area. The jacuzzi was warm and very inviting. It provided much relaxation for my husband and I. We finished off our night by playing several games of rummy in the rustic kitchen. When it came time to go home, well I found myself wishing we had gotten snowed in. I am grateful for such a nice restful stay. The gentleman named Tony in the office was very nice and polite. I loved his genuine smile and attitude as he thanked us for staying there. I assured him my husband and I were happy customers and we most certainly would be back.

To the people who wrote the bad reviews, the first thing that come to mind was "City Slickers". You just can't please some people no matter how hard you try. I would encourage anyone to ignore the Nay Sayers and try Lonesome Pine for your self. You won't be sorry! I am so blessed to be from close by in a small rural community at the foot of Groundhog Mountain. I am simple as simple can be, but I have sense enough to appreciate a good thing.

Thanks,
Betty Sue Haynes

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bettysuehaynes
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My fiancée and I stayed here over MLK weekend, and it was absolutely fantastic. Cabin #1 was warm and cozy, fireplace worked perfectly, jacuzzi tub was amazingly relaxing. Little difficult to get to, but that was the snowstorm's fault, not the owner's. We WILL be back.

Room Tip: Cabin #1 has a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NotoriousJMG
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for a relaxing weekend after Christmas 2012. This was our first time staying here and had heard from friends it was a nice place. First of all, we got lost getting to our destination. Our GPS took us elsewhere. What was suppose to be an hour and half trip turned into almost 3 hours. After finally arriving, we went into the office and our key to our cabin wasn't even in his office. He had to run up the hill to retrieve the key. He had a couple waiting to hopefully get married on his premises. He practically threw the key to us and sent us out the door. He didn't give us any information on nothing around the cabin. No number to call in case of emergencies. It was very weird.
We arrived in the cabin. It was very nice and cozy looking. Everything looked to be clean. The gas logs were on, temperature was perfect. Supper came and my boyfriend was cooking supper on the stove. All of a sudden, the stove was on fire. Evidently it wasn't cleaned from the previous residents. Also, the pot he used for cooking was very dirty! He is a fireman and thankfully knew how to put it out without a fire extinguisher. No, there was not an extinguisher. Second, the smoke filled the kitchen all around the smoke alarm. That didn't work! What good was that? The only good thing about the first night was the jacuzzi was very relaxing.
After a snowy night, Saturday was a good day. We went down to Rap's Restaurant but they didn't have hardly anything to eat. After some scenic tours around the Parkway, we headed back to the cabin. Saturday night was very windy with 45 mph winds. It was 10 degrees outside with the wind chill. The wind blew out our pilot light on the gas logs. At 2 in the morning, it was about 45 degrees in our cabin. We had no number to call to ignite the pilot. We did have another source of heat but it was not keeping us warm. We had it set on 87 degrees and it was not keeping us warm. It was very frustrating not to be able to sleep. The bedroom window upstairs (Pilot Mountain, Cabin number 1) had no screen in it, the window frame was broke and cold air was coming through it. The back door had bad cracks in it also. The cabin itself needs some TLC!
When we checked out early Sunday morning, we explained to the gentleman all our issues. No discount was offered!!! He told us the emergency number was on his front door. Had he told us that when we checked in, we would've known.
We do not recommend this cabin to anyone! I was very miserable and stressful the whole weekend!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Cozy cabins in a great location along the Blue Ridge Parkway with great service. The fall leave colors were fabulous as well as the great views of the mountains. Cabins include a jaccuzzi which was very relaxing. Views from the front porch siitng in a swing were very nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple