“Longwood U Days Inn”
Review of Days Inn Farmville

Days Inn Farmville
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Farmville
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The location was great for a visit to Longwood U, and the staff was friendly. The facility, room, and bathroom were very clean. But the room was small, 1 bed too soft & lumpy, and window A/C unit too loud & got too cold or not cool enough. Breakfast area too small to hold many guests for breakfast, and the food was limited and so so quality. Shower was excellent, but toilet flushed itself throughout the night every 20 min or so. Probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert H
James C, General Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to hear that your clean was very clean and our team were very friendly. However, I do apologize to hear about the toilet in your room. We strive our best to ensure each guest has a wonderful stay with us. I will definitely share your comment in our next team meeting so we can improve in other areas. We would like for you to give us another opportunity on your next visit to Farmville.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Room dirty, especially bathtub and walls. Air conditioner didn't work and when we checked plug we realized the whole outlet was crushed and plug was attached through gaping hole in wall. Over priced! Event at college probably caused price hike. Non-smoking room smelled like it was once a smoking room. Wedged between two loud roads.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
James C, General Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I do apologize to hear about your stay at Days Inn Farmville. Currently we are taking immediate to correct all issues our guest rooms. At this time we are resurfacing our bathtubs and make repairs as needed to our guest rooms. We would like for you to give us another opportunity on your next visit to Farmville.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I just needed a place to spend the night while on the way home from a trip to the east coast, and chose this Days Inn based on the location, the reviews here and the fact that I had lots of Wyndham Rewards points I could use.

For the type of establishment this place is, 14,000 points seemed excessive, as do the posted cash rates. But I realize this is a small town with not a lot of other options available, and it was free, after all.

The room was clean, wi-fi worked well and there were plenty of channels on the TV. The refrigerator worked great. I did not use the microwave.

On the negative side, the bed seemed a bit broken down. The shower water pressure was average to below. There were not a lot of available electrical outlets to use to power the laptop, charge portable devices, etc. (which is why I carry extension cords and a power strip with me when I travel.)

I did not explore shopping or dining options, as the Sheetz across the street was sufficient for my evening meal. So I don't know what Farmville has to offer in that regard.

The motel is located right off the US 460 four-lane, and the town itself seems to be located halfway between Richmond and Lynchburg, which worked well for my travel plans. I opted for a first-floor room where I could park outside my door. The second floor has interior corridors, and roomfront parking is very limited on the back side of the motel.

Overall, I guess I would stay here again if I was passing through the area and needed to spend the night. If I'd had another hour to travel, I would probably have continued on to Lynchburg, but I wanted to stop before dark.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your comment about your stay at Days Inn Farmville. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your room. We strive to ensure each guest will have enjoyable with us and return to us when they visit the Farmville area. Again, thank you for you comment and we look forward to see you the next time you pass by Farmville.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
James C, General Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Reviewed 14 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmville
Quality inn
#1 of 2 in Appomattox
Hampton Inn Farmville
Hampton Inn Farmville
#1 of 7 in Farmville

Been to Days Inn Farmville? Share your experiences!