“Pet Friendly Suite.”

Hotel Floyd
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Floyd
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 November 2012

And I haven't even got a pet!
Arrived late in the afternoon and all they had left was a pet friendly suite next to the main office. The list price was quite high but the friendly lady on the desk gave us a decent deal.
The suit was spacious and comfortable and didn't smell of animals in any way.
The location is great, just a short stroll to the main street and the all important Country Store where they hold the music Jamboree every Friday night. We were actually there on Thursday, but they still had music on.
The only downside, is there is no breakfast, and there are limited early options nearby. I ended up going to a chain restaurant for a take out.
If you are touring the Blue Ridge, this is a really nice place to stop off, and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Floyd

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We came back the third time. May do a fourth if we're in the area.

We stayed in this room the first time we visited. It is starting to show a little wear, but still a nice stay.

Have I reached 200 characters yet

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here two years ago on a motorcycle journey down the Blue Ridge Parkway. I returned to see if the Hotel Floyd was still a good place.

Long story short, it is. Check-in with Sharon was friendly and fast. Each room is unique in its decoration and style with an emphasis on furniture produced locally. That said, all the furnishings in this room (The Winter Garden) were fine for me...comfortable bed, large space.

Only two negatives: 1) I could not find a place at desktop level in which to recharge my iPad; 2) I was on the first floor and I really heard the folks in the room above mine walking back and forth, etc. I think this latter concern is hard to cure.

Finally, I learned that the Hotel Floyd is expanding in a major way (24 additional rooms). If it can keep the standards this will be a good thing.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a 2nd-floor room if noise from above is a concern.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ExGMan
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I saw an add in Southern Living for various activities in the Floyd area which led me to Hotel Floyd. We stayed in the Morrisette room. The furniture was lovely wood, most locally locally made, pottery lamps and soap dish, bamboo floors(though they needed a Swifter because I could feel some dirt under foot) and sustainable fabrics on the bed which was comfortable, wine labels art, all made a unique decor unlike chain hotels. I love that the heating/cooling system is eco-friendly too.

The bathroom counter is very small for two people to share. The pillows need upgrading. They were very flat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Make sure you get on the top floor of this hotel. Wedding party here and they decided to go onto one room right above us. Very noisy, no rest here . You can hear talking, running, walking, moving of furniture, dropping of items ect. You would like to think the hotel would of put the wedding party on the bottom.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy M
HotelFloydManager, General Manager at Hotel Floyd, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

We apologize for the unpleasant noise and restless night you experienced while staying here at Hotel Floyd; the two bedroom suites upstairs have hardwood floors making the noise you heard seem excessive.
Our current policy now only allows a certain number of rooms to be booked by wedding parties; however this group had made their reservations prior to this policy change. Hotel Floyd’s Phase II will include 24 more spacious guests’ rooms with added sound proofing on each floor along with a beautiful lobby and state of the art conference facility.
Again, we are very sorry for your inconvenience. If you’re traveling through Floyd, Virginia again please allow us to be your lodging option, so you can enjoy our unique and friendly town while staying in an eco-friendly hotel which promotes local sustainability.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We recently stayed at Hotel Floyd and were very impressed. We stayed in the Chateau Morrisette room which was decorated very nicely. I liked the wood floors -- NO rugs!! If you are going on business you may want a larger room because there is no desk to work in the room. We were on a vacation for pleasure so not having a desk didn't bother us.

The staff was very welcoming and nice. We plan to go back again when we visit the Blue Ridge Parkway.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dee23831
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We are staying here, tonight, in the "pet suite". I would request another room, or leave, but we can't at this point. About ten minutes ago, upon arrival, I went to sit on the bed and found, to my disgust, hair - lots of it - all over two large white pillows and several smaller decorative pillows on the bed. This isn't dog hair but people hair- I can tell because it's long, and curly. In addition, the quilt looks dirty - it has visible stains on it. As if this wasn't enough, the shower curtain in the bathroom is all scuzzy and stained along the bottom. Completely gross!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alyssa C
HotelFloydManager, Manager at Hotel Floyd, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay at Hotel Floyd. We strive to keep a very clean facility and it seems that there was some oversight in our cleaning department. I am assuring this problem will not happen again and would encourage you all to call me directly the next time you are in the area and I'll take care of your stay. I will also personally go through each of our pet friendly units to ensure cleanliness. Once again our apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Floyd
Oak Haven Lodge
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Mountain Rose Inn
Mountain Rose Inn
#1 of 1 in Woolwine

Been to Hotel Floyd? Share your experiences!