Hotel Floyd
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
Woodberry Inn(Meadows of Dan)
Great 4.5/5
Blue Ridge Motel(Meadows of Dan)
Good 3.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    Average 3/5
    Very Good 4/5
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsthe blue ridge parkwaybluegrass musiclocal artdecorated differentlygeneral storethe friday night jamboreecrooked roadshort walkchateau morrisetteback porchmain buildingcontinental breakfastoatmealwonderful hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulstayed one nightrooms are spacious
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is not my first visit. I have been coming to the hotel since it opened and try to come at least once a year. I am a frequent visitor to Floyd, and actually own a house within 10 miles of the hotel that I could access, but the hotel is something that I look forward to as a nice respite. Comfortable beds, great people, beautiful rooms, and I enjoy browsing the shops and dining at all of the 'walking distance' shops and restuarants.

Room Tip: I've stayed in multiple rooms and have never had a bad room. They are all lovely.
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is not our first visit. We came in the spring to see the rhodendrums in bloom along the blue-ridge parkway. Now we are back the see the leaves change. Hotel Floyd is a wonderful hotel that focuses on saving our natural resources. Nice hardwood flooring, recycle bins available real cups and glasses. I am happy to see that they are adding 24 news rooms and lobby. Construction should be completed by early 2014. We love to walk to the nearby shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Make early reservations for the weekends. I hear that the music is great.
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 2 November 2013

My daughter and I were traveling through with infants. First the negative: We arrived in late afternoon and the din from the construction at the hotel was almost overwhelming. And we had a lot of stuff to lug from the car to the room which was not easy to get to. There were trucks from the construction site in the nearest parking spots. However, the construction won't last forever and the room was nice and clean with amenities that counted: a fridge/freezer, great fair trade coffee (no awful pods or cheap coffee), and, best of all, a very comfy bed. I think the bathroom lighting could be improved. But I would stay here again if I ever pass through this part of the Virginia again.

Room Tip: I would select an upstairs room.
    • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
    Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Hotel Floyd is a perfect place to stay. It is in walking distance to the entire quaint downtown area. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and very clean. They are still under construction of phase 2 of the development (as of late October), so the constant beeping of the utility vehicles was a bit distracting since we stayed over on a weekday. Otherwise, our stay was awesome and I certainly highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chateau Morrisette room. Very nice. The bed is incredibly comfortable.
    • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Amy M
    Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at Hotel Floyd and we've loved it both times. I just booked our visit for next year. It's nice to park and walk to downtown shopping and restaurants. We love the 2 bedroom suites. It's very comfortable when your traveling with your family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family