“Nasty!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Franklin
“Nasty!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Nasty Nasty Nasty!.....Do not stay here, not even for a night. We checked in around 11:00 pm only to find food and trash in the room from the person before us. The beds were made and clean towels were out but that was about it. We had spiders in the bed and webs all over the room. We also had crickets on the floor and walls cherpping all night. We also saw crickets on the floor in the breakfest room. Very poor management of this place!!!! We paid $84.00 with tax for this room. There are better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank joseph1971

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have stayed here different times over the years as our daughter lives close to there.They do a nice job of breakfast and room cleanliness.If you have a complaint ,they try to handle it right away ,which is nice.Over all I would give it a 3.5 .when we stay its usually just 1 or 2 nights and works well for that.

Room Tip: rooms upstairs are quieter.
Lawrenceville, Virginia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I originally visited and stayed at this hotel for business purposes several years ago. During one of my stays, I discovered that they offered a couple of Jacuzzi suites. On each of the trips to follow, I always made it my business to book one of them. Each stay was so enjoyable that I began to use the hotel as a get-away spot for weekends when I just wanted to go somewhere and relax. It is still one of my favorites; and every opportunity that I have to enjoy some "me" time, I visit this hotel. In fact, I'm planning a trip there really soon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank iTEACH_lds
Monroeville, Alabama
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Drove 13 hours. Found your "nice" hotel. Checked in. Made it to room 216, pulled back the cover to find a "worm like" thing on the bed. Hair on the pillow...completely grossed out. Tried to just change rooms & the key did not work to 219. So asked about any other room, she said yes with another fee added. 13 hours trip at 1 am in the morning, with two kids under the age of 8 NOT a HAPPY MOTHER. NEVER AGAIN Comfort Inn has lost my Respect!!

1 Thank Trisha D

Travellers are raving about these Franklin hotels

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is the nicest hotel in Franklin. (Franklin is very small.) Our stay was just for one night. We had a room with two double beds. The AC was nice and cold. The bathroom was clean, however it was very small and had a few rust stains under the faucet. The pool was really nice and goes up to 5 feet. The hot breakfast was great - sausage links, scrambled eggs, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, hot coffee and a waffle iron. The staff were great, all of them - from check in to breakfast and check out. We had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room. The hotel is a bit outdated, but to me the only thing that matters is cleanliness, and I felt safe enough to stay there (and I am a 4 and 5 star hotel kind of gal.) It's great for a one or two night stay, especially for those trying to save money. It's located right next to a Wal-Mart, which is GREAT. The only drawback is you have to walk all the way to the front of the hotel to get to the Wal-Mart because there is a small pond that divides the hotel from the Wal-Mart parking lot. Lots of places to eat near by - Chinese, Buffet, McDonald's, Arby's, etc. - all within walking distance (and I don't like to walk far. LOL) A little tip, if you are a family trying to save money - go to the Farm Fresh store a little way up the road (still within walking distance, but little further) and get the 8 piece chicken meal deal from their deli. It is only about $5.00 or so and gives you a lot of chicken, plus the sides are cheap too. Or you can do the same thing at Wal-Mart (we walked next door to Wal-Mart and bought a Traditional Rotisseree chicken and French Bread and had a feast for 4 people for under $8.00, including Soda and ice!!! :) All in all, good stay and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor in Room 219 and it was great - close enough to the Ice Machine, but not so...
Maryland
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Franklin for two nights. Sally, the clerk who checked me in, was very helpful and friendly. I stayed in room 128. The bathroom is in serious need of attention. The ceiling paint was peeling, the caulking around the tub was stained/moldy, and the bathmat felt damp, as if it had been used by a previous guest. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, and it is desperately needed. The towel bar by the sink fell off the wall twice in one day. The carpet in the room didn't *look* dirty, but after walking around on it for only a minute or so, the bottoms of my white socks were very dirty. The alarm didn't work on the clock radio. Housekeeping knocked on my door around 8:30 the morning of my check-out day, even though I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign displayed. When I tried to leave my room to take some things to my car, the housekeeping cart was completely blocking my door.

On the other hand... The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean. There was a nice-sized flat screen television with decent channel selection. The room had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, and hairdryer. The location is very convenient, very close to eateries, gas stations, and stores. The free breakfast was adequate; in addition to pastries, there was fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausages, a make-your-own pancake or waffle station (I didn't use it, so I'm not sure which it was), bread for toasting, and various beverages. The gentleman who checked me out was very friendly and polite.

I would stay here again, because I suspect this is the cream of the crop in the area. But it's not up to the standards I typically expect of a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is by far the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. When walking into the room, you are greeted with a very strong mold smell. At eleven at night, I decided to stay. I stopped counting at the 20 something hairs in the shower (additionally caught by bath mat) and three hairs in the sink. Their vacuum must be broke as the carpet was actually dirty with crumbs, a wire twist tie, etc. Everything kind of feels sticky. I can understand old, but not dirty and nasty. I am glad I was tired from traveling so I did sleep. The only plus, the air unit seemed to be new and actually had a digital temperature display and was quiet. Keep driving to Emporia or Suffolk for better places. Franklin seems run down.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelingHokie83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Country Host Inn
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Super 8 Franklin
Super 8 Franklin
#3 of 4 in Franklin

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!