“I will never again go to this restaurant.”
Review of China Jade

China Jade
Ranked #54 of 89 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband and I used to get Chinese takeout from this place pretty often. Then it happened....I was enjoying my Shrimp, not sure if it was garlic shrimp or shrimp with black beans and I bit into a rock. Yes...a rock. I didn't finish my food and I never ordered food from them again.

2  Thank anonymous1357755

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Hubby and I recently visited on a weeknight. We are very happy to give a good review when things are good at a restaurant, and we're (honestly) not particularly picky - but this experience went far beyond the pale. My hot and sour soup tasted like it had been sitting in the pot for several days; it was concentrated and vinegary. My Drunken Noodles contained nothing more than noodles, LOTS of sliced onions, and chicken - literally, that was all it was. I expected the noodles to be rice noodles, but I'm fairly sure they were wheat noodles (problematic for those with celiac disease). The real topper of the evening was the entree ordered by my husband. When the waitress brought it out, we could both smell that it was burned. We looked at each other dumbfounded for a few moments, sampled it (yes, it was burned), then he called the waitress back and stated that the dish was burned. We couldn't believe she couldn't smell it. She tried to argue/convince him that it was supposed to be that way, that it was merely hoisin sauce we smelled! He sent it back for a different entree. We've enjoyed our past trips to the China Jade in Winchester, so we assumed the quality of that owner's other restaurants would be consistent - not so. We will probably never eat here again, especially since there's a new Thai place nearby (recently opened at the Quality Inn on Commerce Ave.) serving really excellent food. We will go to Golden China on Shenandoah Ave. if we want Chinese next time, even though it's on the other side of town.

2  Thank Thistle_224
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Not much selection. The food was overcooked, and a lot of it was dry from being heated so long.

2  Thank Shelly G
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The food there is really good. It is not greasy like some of the other Chinese restaurants that I have been to. Most of them are really friendly.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Food is always fresh. The food tastes great. Excellent service. Nice atmosphere.