“Super...a great meal!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Front Royal, Virginia
“Super...a great meal!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised with lunch at China Jade. Great food, incredible prices, and enough to bring home for a second meal. I had the Hunan chicken. Just the right amount of heat and incredibly tender white meat chicken and fresh veggies. My husband had the curried chicken dish (don't recall the name), and it was also fresh and good. We each had fried rice, and we both really enjoyed the egg rolls that came with the lunch special. They were quite fresh and actually had meat in them! We will definitely be back. They have a lunch buffet Friday thru Sunday, which might be fun to try.

• Visited October 2013

“Disappointed”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Ordered the general tsao and chicken lo mein...neither were great. Not the worst I have had, but no where need the best. Will probably try the other restaurants in town before returning!

1 Thank MelanieJC88
“Awful. Won't go back.”
Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

Ordered three items to go. The sweet a d sour chicken looked as though it had been reheated in the microwave. Oily and dark brown in places. It didn't come with sauce, unless they forgot it. Chicken and broccoli- very bland, and the broccoli was pale and undercooked. Sesame chicken- chicken was dry and over-cooked.
Just awful. Waste of money.

2 Thank LindyFrog
Front Royal, Virginia
“I will never again go to this restaurant.”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband and I used to get Chinese takeout from this place pretty often. Then it happened....I was enjoying my Shrimp, not sure if it was garlic shrimp or shrimp with black beans and I bit into a rock. Yes...a rock. I didn't finish my food and I never ordered food from them again.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank anonymous1357755
Strasburg, Virginia
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Hubby and I recently visited on a weeknight. We are very happy to give a good review when things are good at a restaurant, and we're (honestly) not particularly picky - but this experience went far beyond the pale. My hot and sour soup tasted like it had been sitting in the pot for several days; it was concentrated and vinegary. My Drunken Noodles contained nothing more than noodles, LOTS of sliced onions, and chicken - literally, that was all it was. I expected the noodles to be rice noodles, but I'm fairly sure they were wheat noodles (problematic for those with celiac disease). The real topper of the evening was the entree ordered by my husband. When the waitress brought it out, we could both smell that it was burned. We looked at each other dumbfounded for a few moments, sampled it (yes, it was burned), then he called the waitress back and stated that the dish was burned. We couldn't believe she couldn't smell it. She tried to argue/convince him that it was supposed to be that way, that it was merely hoisin sauce we smelled! He sent it back for a different entree. We've enjoyed our past trips to the China Jade in Winchester, so we assumed the quality of that owner's other restaurants would be consistent - not so. We will probably never eat here again, especially since there's a new Thai place nearby (recently opened at the Quality Inn on Commerce Ave.) serving really excellent food. We will go to Golden China on Shenandoah Ave. if we want Chinese next time, even though it's on the other side of town.

• Visited August 2012