“Enjoyed Our Stay”

Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Nice hotel, beautifully decorated. Would stay there again. On site restaurant serves a delicious
to order breakfast, which was included in the room rate. They give you a $10. per person credit to use in restaurant.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 216 if you want a view. Higher floors have less A/C unit noise. Week-ends seems t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cmlcampbell
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

cmlcampbell,

As you mentioned, we do host wedding groups fairly regularly and it is certainly helpful to book a weekend stay in advance, but not completely necessary. Thank you for pointing this out. thank you for your positive comments regarding our property. We certainly strive to provide the cleanest environment that we can achieve and it seems that you noticed our efforts. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us.

Brent C Jackson

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Comfy beds and linens, very clean hotel, nice staff who even remembered my 7yo son's name when they greeted him. We enjoyed the indoor pool, large bathroom and large guest room. The view is very beautiful of the golf course and mountains beyond.Seems new and well kept. I would definitely stay here again!! Better then any Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed in. Recommend!

Room Tip: The room with a view was nice but no balcony to go out and fully enjoy it. The outdoor sitting patio...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Roswatki

Roswatki,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I have shared your comment "Better then any Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed in" with our staff and they are very happy! It is also especially helpful that you shared a personal tip with our future guests and I agree that the sundeck by the pool is a nice place to take in the views. Especially at sunset. We hope to see you again when you are nearby again.

Brent C Jackson

Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stay in this great property to and from Florida each year, and it never dissapoints! Rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The attached Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar is a big bonus. Staff are frienfly and helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank healey100
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

healey100,

Thank you for reviewing our property and sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. We love to receive feedback from our guests and your feedback is great! We will share your kind words with our staff and they will know that they made a difference.

Thank You!

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just from the exterior, this hotel is better than similar category hotels in the area, and far nicer than most Holiday Inns I've stayed at. A little out of town, it more than makes up for it with the great views on the golf course. This hotel seems fairly new so the rooms are in great shape. We were promptly checked in and upgraded due to my platinum status. No complimentary breakfast (never the case at Holiday Inn), but I thought pricing was reasonable for a hotel restaurant with better than average breakfast (~$25 for two). If that's above your budget, most fast-food choices within a couple of miles.
What really impressed us was the housekeeper Doris, who always wished us well in the hallway and who actually chased us down to the parking lot after check-out because we left a couple of important items in the room. That was most appreciated and I wanted to personally mention how she went out of her way for us. Thank-you Doris!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hotel_Hank

Hotel_Hank,

Thank you for your kind review of our property and especially for sharing your wonderful thoughts on Doris. Doris exhibited the traits that we strive for when we make our staffing decisions and we are glad you noticed and thought enough to share with the world.
We hope your trip to Virginia was a lovely one and we would love to see you again on your next visit.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I've stayed in a lot of hotels for work and have found most Holiday Inn & Suites to be friendly, comfortable, and enjoyable, so I didn't mind paying more for my two night stay than I would have paid at the Hampton Inn in the area. My first impression was the hotel was very nice. That impression lasted to the front desk. I found the front desk clerks to be rude. The clerk stopped my check-in to answer the phone and without so much as an "excuse me" before or after her return, walked away to talk to another employee; while the other clerk just stood there chatting away to a friend about giving her a discounted room for the weekend (that was part of the conversation I heard while standing there waiting for the clerk to return to check me in). Then, after a long drive, it was disappointing to find the Jacuzzi out of order. When I got to my room, I found trash still in the wastebaskets from the last guest and "stuff" on the bathroom floor. There were only two towels in the room so requested extra towels from housekeeping; I was given three more towels; two of which were very thin and worn, one had holes. The room was a double and both beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever tried to sleep on; thankfully I was there only two nights. The next day, when I got back to the room tired from the day's activities and my hands full of shopping bags & such; my room keys did not work. We had to carry everything back down to get the cards reactivated, even though I was booked for two nights. With the price I had to pay for the room, I was surprised to find they did not include some type of complimentary breakfast. The hotel restaurant is very pricey. The food tasted good; but part of my order was cold and for the price you expect better service from the staff...it was horrible. Next time I'll stay at Hampton Inn located just a couple miles away.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SouthCarolinaPatrick

SouthCarolinaPatrick,

I am sorry that your stay substantially underwhelmed your expectations. I would love to hear more about your experiences and I am available at holidayinnftryl@gmail.com. Based on the service your described, we did not provide you with what would be considered reasonable or acceptable behavior and I would like to apologize for that. We would love another chance on any upcoming visits you may have planned, however, I understand why you may be hesitant and understandably so. I assure you we provide much better service here than you would expect based on your visit and I guarantee you will enjoy our property should you choose to stay with us again.

I hope to hear from you!

Reviewed 4 October 2011

A nice 3 star hotel, but noisy.
The engine of the ice dispense machine in the hall sounds like a tractor. You can hear it in the rooms.
The air conditioning in the rooms is an old model that sounds just as noisy.
Breakfast is not included, but you can use the next door resturant (good, but expensive. $10 for "best value" breakfast and coffee)

That said, Staff are fantastic, friendly, chirpy and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

UpAndUp,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I am disappointed to hear that noise disrupted your stay. We certainly want to provide each guest with a quiet night's sleep and we fell short. Please contact me if you have any other concerns! If you are back in the States and come through the Shenandoah Valley, I hope that you will give us another chance and I would love to get to introduce myself and speak with you about your previous experience. Have a wonderful day!

Thank You!

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Just finished up a long stay here and must say it was the best hotel experience I have ever had. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and always wanting to make my stay as enjoyable as possible (even calling me by my first name). I've stayed at quite a few Holiday Inns and must say this is the best looking one I've been in; even the location and view was perfect. Also, the rooms were clean and large. I recommend getting the suite. I did have a couple minor issues (bed not made, noise in the room beside me), but once the staff was informed, the issues were fixed quickly...Remember, I did say I had a long stay there. I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor though any of the rooms with a golf course view is better (and quiet). Try t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank M M

Mr_Video01,

We hope to have you back as a guest again sometime! It was great to have you here and hope that you had a safe trip back home. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and share with the world how much you enjoyed your stay.

I also recommend the suites and the golf course view rooms!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
#9 of 25 in Winchester
Quality Inn Skyline Drive
Quality Inn Skyline Drive
#3 of 10 in Front Royal

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows? Share your experiences!