“excellent views in the area”

Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

i went here in late october to drive the skyline Drive. I stayed 2 days and my stay was excellent. The room was clean and large. The beds were very comfortable. They even had a restaurant in the hotel. "Houlihans". It was very convenient. The people at the desk were very nice and very helpful. I would stay here again if i'm in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

francis123456,

We are always very happy to heard from satisfied customers like yourself. Thank you for leaving your comments here and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The room was very nice and the people were a great help. Wish we would have stayed another night. But we only had two days to go. We would use them again. Also a restaurant in Luray name Sonny's was great.

Sherri S,

I am not sure about Sonny's in Luray, but our restaurant, Houlihans, is amazing! We hope you will try Houlihans next time you stay with us. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows was quiet, clean & comfortable. Good restaurants were nearby...they also give a discount coupon for the restaurant on site. it was worhth driving a few miles from I 81. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

CDinPA,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We could not be happier that you selected us from the local hotel options. We hope you will choose us again for all of your future stays. Have a happy 2014!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The drive from upstate New York took me six and a half hours to get to the Holiday Inn. What a pleasant surprise I got when I arrived. The lobby was warm and friendly and the front desk was very caring. My room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was king size with a choice soft and firm pillows and the mattress was just right. They have a nice restaurant called Houlihan's. I went into the bar for a drink and I found out that it was Happy Hour but, not for draft Stella. I ordered a strip steak that was done to perfection. Although it was a little small in size, it still tasted good. I guess they ran out of baked potatoes so my choice was French fries or mashed potatoes. I got the French fries and they did give you a large order. The next morning I got my wakeup call right on time so I could drive another seven hours to my next destination.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Alawishes8,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. This is certainly appreciated. I am very proud of our entire staff for a true team effort to provide you with the experience you expected and deserved. I will also share your comments with the Houlihans staff and management and I would invite you to share your comments on their TripAdvisor page, if you have not already done so.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose to do so again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Rooms were very clean and the beds extremely comfortable! The front desk was extremely helpful and very professional. They were able to recommend wineries, hiking trails, and superb restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area. The coffee in the room was awful......but that's the only thing that was unsatisfactory :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Sbrown58,

Sorry to hear about the coffee. We understand that finding delicious coffee in a hotel room is a challenge, so please do not forget that we also offer complimentary gourmet coffee in the lobby 24-hours a day and it is always fresh.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We drove from Mooresville, NC to Front Royal with a stop at Monticello and Carter's Orchard in Virginia on the way. So it was a long day of travel and we were looking forward to dinner and a good night's sleep.
Attached to the hotel is a restaurant named Houlihan's which was very good and I will review that separately but I would recommend eating here.
Our room Nbr 527 was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. That is all I need from a room. It was a very pleasant stay. The next morning when I woke up I could look out the window and see the golfers starting their day on the course.
It would be an easy decision to stay here again.

TakeAPicture-PaintIt,

Thank you for this very thorough review of your recent visit. We love to know that we are providing a great location for weary travelers who are exploring the Shenandoah Valley. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

After driving the 105 mile length of the Skyline Drive, we were ready for a good meal and comfy bed. We found both at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Front Royal. The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant, Houlihan's, ( which we've visited in other areas) was excellent for both dinner and breakfast- the portions were huge and while not inexpensive, were delicious. The Steak and Wedge Salad was the perfect end to the day. The Meatloaf was total comfort food for the hubby. The only blight on the whole experience is the fact that the hotel's complimentary toiletries are Coconut/Verbena scented. I am allergic to coconut and was told by the front desk there were no alternatives to the coconut, so our hair was a little grimy the next morning. Note to self- don't forget the spare in my suitcase. There is a golf course behind the hotel for those that play and there is a Target nearby if you forget something. We will stay here again when we come back to see the leaves!

islandturtle,

Thank you in advance for your future business in the fall. We are excited to know that we were able to provide you with a hotel that is worth returning to.
Regarding the toiletries, while we are required by Holiday Inn to provide the coconut lime verbena scented products from the Signature Collection of Bath & Body Works, it is probably worth consideration for us to keep an unscented product line available for purchase in our lobby store for travelers with sensitive skin. I will look into this.
I plan to share your comments with the Houlihans staff and management and I am certain they will be proud to have served you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Royal Inn Motel
Royal Inn Motel
#5 of 10 in Front Royal

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows? Share your experiences!