“Professional Staff-Very Clean-Great Restaurant”

Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Several of us stayed here for two nights while coordinating a Saturday tournament in Front Royal. The staff was prepared for us, very friendly and made us feel like we were "home." Our rooms were very clean, the bathrooms were roomy and laid out nicely. The lobby is stylish and comfortable. We had Friday night dinner and Sunday breakfast in the hotel restaurant, Houlihan's. Their food was tasty and the service was also A+. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: All the views are breathtaking!
1  Thank Beth H
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Beth H,
Thank you for the very kind words regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. We were proud you chose us to host your event and we hope to see you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This relatively new facility is conveniently located close to I-66 and within easy drive of a number of dining choices. Reception staff are friendly and accommodating and both check-in and check-out procedures were uncomplicated. Internet and in-room entertainment were adequate and functional. Furnishings and room were clean and comfortable. Lack of in-house dining is the only reason preventing this facility from being rated excellent.

FedVetAPHIS,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. It means a lot that you took the time to share your comments. I noticed you mentioned a lack of in-house dining, please make sure that you check out Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar on your next visit. It is a full service chain restaurant that happens to be located on our lobby level. The best part is that they prepare made-from-scratch cuisine so the quality is truly a step above the average chain restaurant. I think you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my third time staying at the Front Royal Holiday Inn. The first time was last year, and it was picked solely based on price and the decent reviews I read. The first trip was a one night stay for a job interview, and my second stay would end up being for the same reason. I live in Washington State, but am trying to get a job in Virginia to be closer to be two young children who live in Alexandria. I loved the hotel and town so much during my first two stays that when I flew out last month to see the kids I booked three nights at the Holiday Inn. Well the weather did not cooperate at all, it was 12 degrees when I landed in DC and there was a bad snow storm forecasted for the third day of my stay. I explained to the front desk why I was there, and the temperature was going to hinder any outdoor activities. They offered to open up a non-booked conference room and set up a play area for me and the kids. They also told me about their indoor pool and hot tub which the kids loved. AND the attached restaurant is not your typical hotel restaurant, it is very good in its own right. Houghlihans I think it's called, and the kids eat free with a paid adult meal! Even though both my son and daughter claimed to be too full to eat anymore, somehow they found room for the ice cream which was also included.

With the snow storm coming in I decided that I better leave a day early to get to our next stop in New Jersey before the roads got too bad. When I was checking out a day early I thought it'd be nice if I could get a refund, but on such short notice I didn't think that would be an option so I didn't bother mentioning it. I was surprised to find on my invoice that I was refunded for the third day without even asking for it, I was beyond impressed.

To many people passing through this may be just another hotel, but for me and my kids it was an incredibly special experience. I only get to see my kids twice a year and words cannot express my gratitude towards the staff for making this a memorable vacation.

Matt Vollans

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Matthew V,

Thank you for being so kind as to review your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. We truly appreciate your repeat business over the past year and we are proud to be your hotel of choice in the area. I am going to share your review with our entire staff and let them know how proud I am of all of them for providing such a memorable experience to you and your family. Sounds like they truly went above and beyond for you and I could not be happier. See you soon?

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I just can't say enough nice things about this property. The grounds are wonderful, the rooms are spacious, and the service is top notch. This from a Holiday Inn? I had not stayed at one in a long time, but this experience certainly left a very favorable opinion.

I do wish there were a complimentary breakfast like some other chains, however the attached restaurant is adequate a good meal at a good price.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view!

stirfry300,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I appreciate that you chose to stay with us and this means a lot. We would love to see you stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I love the Front Royal area and have been there about 5 weekends in the past year. Every time but once we have stayed at the Holiday Inn and from now on it will be every time. The hotel is always in beautiful condition, even after the recent water incident, and the staff is always very courteous and welcoming.
My wife and I have talked about moving to the area when I retire, but we think we may miss the hotels bed and pillows too much(so comfortable). We love to travel and stay in hotels but always feel the most satisfied at the Front Royal Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

BCraigh,
I truly appreciate your review of our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows over and over again, this is a sure sign that we are doing what we need to in order to WOW our guests. It is wonderful that you took the time to share your experiences here on TripAdvisor. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Front Royal the night of Feb. 1, 2014. We needed a place to stay in Front Royal, traveling there from New Jersey due to a death in the family. We followed Trip Advisor's review advice and went to The Holiday Inn. We're sooo glad we did. We were greeted by an incredibly friendly and kind assistant manager, Andrew. He gave us a great rate and a great room. The room was spotless, spacious and very quiet. We had a great night's sleep after a very long day. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast next door, too. Holiday Inn in Front Royal excellently provided services for real-life needs -- lodging, rest, and food. I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

WhiteMountainsfan,

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I am very glad that I was able to assist you and to provide you with an "Excellent Experience". Please know that you can always expect the same on future visits. I hope to see you again soon.

With regards,
Andrew Sheetz
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my family come here often, to see friends in Luray and to hike The Drive. We have eaten in the restaurant a joined to the hotel and I have to say, the service in the dining room was awful. We sat down and didnt even see a waitress/waiter for 15 or so mins.. we then moved to bar area where Amy and Micky took very great care of us.It was the best service we have had in a long time there. Sure enough when we plan spring trip, we will be sure to seek them out. Thank you for improving our stay. We will always sit in bar area from now on.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

PaytonIs,

Sorry to hear that Houlihan's took some time in order to get you the service you deserved. I am very glad to hear that the ladies in the bar area were able to wow you with their customer service. I will make sure the management team at Houlihans thanks them for doing such a great job for you. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Wayside Inn
Wayside Inn
#1 of 3 in Middletown

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows? Share your experiences!