“Never Again- spend the money for a better place”

Quality Inn Skyline Drive
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Never Again- spend the money for a better place”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews and staying at a nice Quality Inn in Harper's Ferry, I chose to stay here in Front Royal. The price was very affordable ($85 with AAA discount) for a 1st floor room with 2 double beds and the location to the historic section and Skyline Caverns was great. We parked outside our room door so unloading was easy too. However the room smelled musty when we walked in so I thought it was due to humidity and turned on the AC. The room was small and the carpet seemed dirty, I didn't want my kids to walk on the floor barefoot. When I washed my hands, my socks got wet from the carpet- possibly from a leak from the sink. (I told the front desk when we checked out). It was too late at night to bother switching rooms so I toughed it out. Although the AC blew out cold air, it never cooled the whole room so I was too hot to sleep and there was no fan in the bathroom so when we showered in the morning it got really hot and humid in the room. I was so irritated we skipped breakfast and checked out as soon as we were ready. I would not stay here again- I will pay more money for a nicer place in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank KarMiner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had a good experience at Quality Inn Skyline Drive. Our room on the south side was shielded from US 522 traffic noise, the room was clean, and the AC worked well. Coin laundry service was available, but we didn't have time to use it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
clayton
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Dirty lobby, dirty rooms, fly's everywhere even in the restaurant. Dogs barking all night, breakfast disgusting. The place was horrible the only reason that we stayed was that it was too late to find somewhere else.

Green Features: Too dirty to possibly be environmentally sound, I cannot imagine that they have any of the thing described.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank valerie b

Travellers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Previous to our trip to Outer Banks I researched online for hotels in the Front Royal area to stay at on the trip home. Last time we chose Holiday Inn and were not impressed and we had no research beforehand. Using trip advisor we chose to stay at Quality Inn. I am so GLAD we did! We had to get up at 3am to leave Hattera’s Island so by noon we were at Front Royal and exhausted along with 2 children. The staff was so kind allowing us to check in at the earliest time available as well as giving us information on things to do in the area and restaurants. Even though their policy states they do not help with computer tech problems the clerk was kind and patient enough to help our kids use the wifi on their tablets. The rooms were clean, reasonable, and it was in walking distance to convenient stores. After we took a short nap we went to Shenandoah park which was about a 5 minute drive. The town of Front Royal we also walked to that evening; a cute little town with a general store, old theater, shops, and train depot. On future trips home from the beach we plan to do a stay over here!

Room Tip: Choose a room not near the stairwell because we heard people going up & down stairs
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank deebug2470
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent one night at the hotel as a little mini vacation to check out Front Royal. The location is good, an easy walk to the main street and restaurants, no need for the car. Check in was pleasant, nice staff. The room was pretty ordinary, as was the level of cleanliness, could have been better, could have been worse. Everything worked fine, Wifi, TV, etc. One thing I did notice was the ceiling height in the bathroom area. I am only 5'3" and I literally couldn't stretch my arms fully out over my head in there. This might be a problem for tall people. The swimming pool was nice, and I saw staff checking the water, so it looks as if they stay on top of that. Breakfast was better than average, bacon, waffles, hard cooked eggs etc. A very helpful and pleasant women running the breakfast service. All in all, a good value for the money for someone not expecting the Ritz.

5 Thank norskies
Reston, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The bed was comfortable, the shower was good and the room was clean. Nothing fancy, a bit run down at the heels, and pretty thin walls, but well worth the price. Conveniently located close to downtown - within a short walk to several good restaurants- and the entrance to Skyline Drive. Would stay here again.

3 Thank Karen H
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 21st to 24th of June. When we checked in, we noticed that the room was really dirty and complained to the front desk. The next day we were away since early morning and when we got back we discovered that the room has not been cleaned, despite our complaint. We talked to the front desk again. On the third day, we got back to the hotel in the evening and once again found that the room was not cleaned at all, only the bed was done. We were extremely upset, since we did not except this extremely low level of service. We do not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Quality Inn Skyline Drive? Share your experiences!