“I wouldn't go back”

Quality Inn Skyline Drive
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

If you are a guy by yourself or travelling with a bunch of guys you can live with the place. I was by myself but I think if my girlfriend had been with me she still might not be speaking to me. Room was shabby and smelled musty.

Close to Main St for restaurants and bars so that is a plus. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Quality Inn Skyline Drive. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We are currently making plans for our fall/winter renovation projects. I would appreciate it if you would call (540-635-3161) or email me (qualityinnfr@gmail.com) with your room number so that we can evaluate that specific room's needs. When you contact me, please refer to you Trip Advisor comment.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

we chose this motel for its proximity to the north entrance of the skyline drive and its location to downtown. The motel was much as we expected- good value for money but a bit worn( the wallpaper was peeling in places and there were holes in the bathroom door). The fridge was quite noisy and woke me on several occasions. It was adjacent to a busy road with sirens going through the night( the fire station is close by). We walked into the town centre - about 10 mins-which was very interesting with lots of civil war history.Although there is an adjoining thai restaurant we didn't eat there.

Room Tip: away from the main road
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are currently preparing for the fall/winter room upgrades. Over half of the rooms were upgraded last year and we plan to complete the remaining rooms by March 2014. Among the upgrades will be removing the wall paper and applying a knock-down stucco painted treatment to the walls. I have turned the issues of the bathroom door and the fridge over to maintenance.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you’re looking for good value – this is the place. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was clean, comfortable and a good value ($80 per night). It is what you’d expect for the price so if you’re looking for a resort style setting – look elsewhere.

The staff were courteous, the room was clean and the hotel is in a very convenient location. It is close to restaurants and cafes on Main Street and within a couple of miles to the north entrance of Shenandoah Park. The room offered a safe, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker and an iron and ironing board. The hotel also provides a continental breakfast (with waffles) and has a pool. I did not use the pool although plenty of other guests were enjoying it. On top of all that value, the hotel also provided a military discount.

I think this hotel offers great value for money and if I’m ever in Front Royal again, I’ll stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
ManagerQuality, Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Guest.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are continuing to increase guest comfort and make the stay very enjoyable. We will continue to renovate the hotel between now and early next year. So, you will have an even more enjoyable stay in your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing us. Don't forget our free signature breakfast is very unique.

Sincerely.
Sam

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I read a number of these reviews, and was frankly concerned by some of the negative ones. I've concluded that the authors have unrealistic and unreasonable expectations. This is a motel-style hotel in a small town in rural Virginia. No, it does not have the latest Laura Ashley drapes, and is fairly predictable in its decor--but that's the point. It is a scrupulously clean place, with lovely quality sheets and pillows where you can have a great night's sleep for a really cheap price. It comes with breakfast; they will accommodate dogs; and it has an amazing Thai restaurant on the premises--that was a real surprise. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and I will. The location is fantastic just on the edge of the Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn Skyline Drive. I will pass you comments on to my staff and to the staff at Thunwa Thai Restaurant. From all of my staff and the restaurant's staff, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Not a Marriott or that type place but good for the type of motel it is. More like the "old" motels from years ago. Staff was quite friendly, both on check-in and check-out. Only real complaint is the room had an odor of smoke which might have been captured in the furniture and carpet since it was a no smoking room. Breakfast was equal to what you would get at a LaQuinta but the hours 7-9 were just too short. Overall, other than the smell in the room it was what I expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Quality Inn Skyline Drive. I am sorry that you had an issue with odor in your room. I have asked my Housekeepers to check all of our rooms for odors. We can remove smoke odors chemically or with an ionizer. I do wish to clarify one issue you raised. Our breakfast starts at 6:00 AM no 7:00 AM. We run for three hours. Again, thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

stay there for 3 night had good breakfast and nice and clean rooms. the pool was great also. I had booked a double room and decide on staying for a few more days and we got a king room and it was good no really different . but I really like there breakfast it was good had waffle that you could make your own and coffee or tea at anytime of the day or night
was great

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay here at the Quality Inn Skyline Drive. I am glad my staff was able to accommodate your request for a different room type and that you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews and staying at a nice Quality Inn in Harper's Ferry, I chose to stay here in Front Royal. The price was very affordable ($85 with AAA discount) for a 1st floor room with 2 double beds and the location to the historic section and Skyline Caverns was great. We parked outside our room door so unloading was easy too. However the room smelled musty when we walked in so I thought it was due to humidity and turned on the AC. The room was small and the carpet seemed dirty, I didn't want my kids to walk on the floor barefoot. When I washed my hands, my socks got wet from the carpet- possibly from a leak from the sink. (I told the front desk when we checked out). It was too late at night to bother switching rooms so I toughed it out. Although the AC blew out cold air, it never cooled the whole room so I was too hot to sleep and there was no fan in the bathroom so when we showered in the morning it got really hot and humid in the room. I was so irritated we skipped breakfast and checked out as soon as we were ready. I would not stay here again- I will pay more money for a nicer place in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
#8 of 10 in Front Royal
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Quality Inn Skyline Drive? Share your experiences!