“Good Value Accommodation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Good Value Accommodation”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Clean with friendly staff. The outside is a little dated however look past this and you will find spacious rooms comfortable beds and good choice of food. Good to stay for one or two days to explore the Valley and Park.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are going to be working on updating our exterior look. I hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Holmes Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Older refurbished hotel, clean amenities and excellent breakfast. King sized bed very comfortable. Overall very happy with stay. Apparently I need to use. 200 characters so that should do it. OMG enough characters already if I can express complete satisfaction in 72 characters why do I need to write a 128 more? Hope this gets me over 200 characters if not I'm going cancel my review because of stupid Rules

• Stayed March 2014
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay despite the issue with the number of characters required. It wasn't our requirement. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay; and I hope to see you again, soon.
Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I picked this motel because it takes dogs. A lot of chain motels make you take a smoking room but not this place. The room was clean and we had a good view of the mountains. Make sure you go to breakfast before 9. I was surprised that the buffet closed at 9 on a Sunday. There is a lot to do in and around the town. The location is convenien.t

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor over by the gas station. You can see the park and the mountains...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The reason that breakfast closes at 9:00 am is that we have a lot of workers staying with us (even on the weekends). They want breakfast at 6:00 am. Health Department guidelines dictate that, if we open at 6:00 am, we throw away all food that is not eaten by 9:00 am. To stay open another hour would increase waste resulting in increasing our rates. I hope you come stay with us again.
York Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Booked the hotel from Hotels.com, Which is a nightmare experience all on its own. NEVER EVER EVER book a hotel through hotels.com! Anyway, pictures online a deceiving, the hotel was old cheap looking. Checked in, went to room. Room seemed to have old bedding, stained towels, moldy bathroom and extremely wobbly furniture. The nicest thing in the room was the Safe. After 20 minutes, I decided that I rather spend my money elsewhere due to the old cheap motel look. It just felt gross to me. Nothing about it made me want to stay. I didn't stay. I cancelled my reservation and left. I do not recommend this hotel at all unless they do a complete renovation and overhaul to this place! Sad when you book a hotel and leave hundreds of miles a way and you think pictures are enough to make a decision until you get there. Still fighting hotels.com to get my full refund!

Green Features: Washing your towels every once in a while would help!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashtray85
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay. We like to hear from our guests even when we don't measure up to their expectations. I plan on showing this comment to my head of housekeeping and then going room by room through the hotel with her as there is nothing in your comment to identify the room. While I can't fix the dated, exterior entry look of the property, what can be fixed will be fixed.

Travellers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Avoid if you can...

When I came in, the manager on duty was very rude, not welcoming at all and very not helpful!!!

Ask me so many question that I felt I was almost consider as a suspicious person...

There was almost nobody at the hotel and it was very late... I simply ask for a room on first floor since I have many things to unload from the car... Not only the hotel was empty and I'm sure I would have get the same kind of room... But I was shocked to have to pay a $15 upgrade!!! I'm a diamond member, spending a lot of night with Choice and hotel was almost empty!!!

Anyway, this hotel looks so old... It looks like a cheap motel... The room smells very bad (mix of cigarette and mold) slept very bad with noisy AC and Fan and woke up with headache with all that mildew...

Bed was very very used and uncomfortable!!!

Internet was ok...

Breakfast was basic but ok...

The lady at front desk in the morning was nice...

Thanks!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank benoitleblanc
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am sorry that you didn't have a more pleasant experience. I have reviewed the security footage of your check in. The questions that were asked are necessary to verify that the information we have on the reservation is correct. As a Choice Privilege Diamond member, I am sure you understand the importance of making sure that you get credit for the stay. Our records show that you stayed in a second floor room at a discounted rate of $54.00 plus tax. A first floor room under the same discount program rents for $58.50 plus tax. This is a difference of $4.50 plus tax not $15.00. The odor you experienced could be a lingering odor of paint as the room was painted about two weeks prior to your arrival. I will, however, have both Housekeeping and Maintenance go over the room to find the cause.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

When we arrived to the hotel at 5 P.M. the lady at the front desk was having trouble with the key card machine and told us that we were unable to receive our rooms keys. She was a mess trying to call other co-workers and her manager to help fix the problem. We finally received our rooms keys at 8 p.m.!! Three hours of waiting...not okay! When we finally got into our room I went straight to the bathroom to shower and discovered dried up urine on the toilet seat. Highly grossed out, the staff then moved us to another room! Overall, horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank szimmerman1
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am sorry that you experienced so many problems during your stay. I am aware that there was an issue with the key card maker and that the issue was resolved within 30 minutes of management being notified. I have been informed by the Front Desk Supervisor that she has already addressed with all of the desk clerks proper procedures to follow in the event that the authorization cards don't activate the key card maker. I have asked that the Head Housekeeper take extra care inspecting the rooms cleaned by the maid that cleaned your original room and to provide additional training if necessary. In reviewing your folio, I found that you were given a $15.00 discount off your room rate for you inconvenience.
Windsor
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Upon arrival, I was disappointed at the aged look of the hotel. Room was clean. Bed was decent, but the pillows are the size of decorative throw pillows. I called down to ask for two extra pillows, and asked if I could have normal sized pillows, but was simply given two more throw-sized pillows. AND I had to walk down from my 3rd floor room to retrieve the pillows, because they were having some sort of problem with their room key system. Wasn't worth the $80+ dollars we paid for the room. More like a $45 room.

Room Tip: Hotel is OK, but not worth $80+.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay. We are working on updating our look; but most of the exterior work will have to wait until Spring. The pillows that we have are pillows that are required by Choice Hotels International's Rules and Regulations for all Quality Inns. Unfortunately, to stay compliant with our franchise agreement, we must use them. I am aware that there was an issue with the keycard maker; however, that is no excuse for not providing service to a guest. I will be reviewing employee training and scheduling additional training in customer service to prevent this from happening again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester

Been to Quality Inn Skyline Drive? Share your experiences!