“Big price for what you get, bad and False ads!!!!”

Quality Inn Skyline Drive
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Crossville
“Big price for what you get, bad and False ads!!!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I tried to check into this motel on 5-13-14 using a motel coupon from their ad. They had plenty of rooms but didn't want to honor their ad. The area this motel is in and the" who cares" attitude as well as being just crappy caused us to leave and we will never return to this location. I travel 6 states and will be sure to let any other traveler know about this motel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. According to the Incident Report that the desk clerk filed, the problem was that you wanted a room type that the coupon expressly did not cover. Had you accepted one of the room types listed on the coupon, you would have received the coupon rate.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Locust Grove, Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stay in motels over 100 nights a year, normally in modest places like Comfort Inns or Quality Inns. This was one of the worse I've seen in a while for the price I had expected more. While the room appeared clean the wall paper was pealing off, the drain in the bathroom sink drained very slowly, the seat on the toilet was very loose. The whole place is old and worn. The 8 or 10 other guest I saw were a rough looking bunch. Perhaps the motel is located on the "bad side" of town, I don't know. The breakfast was so disappointing so we went down the street to McDonalds. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that you were not happy about your stay; however, I think you have us confused with another hotel. While we do have construction workers and Appalachian Trail hikers that may look "rough" and there is a McDonalds a half mile away, we don't have wall paper in our guestrooms. The walls are painted.

Travellers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

Maryland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I were going to stay here last weekend. Thank goodness we looked at a room before signing on the bottom line. The room was old, dank and well worn. Not worth the money at all.
Bedspread didn't look like it had been washed in years.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are currently updating our rooms. I am sorry that you were assigned a room that had not yet been updated. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Clean with friendly staff. The outside is a little dated however look past this and you will find spacious rooms comfortable beds and good choice of food. Good to stay for one or two days to explore the Valley and Park.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are going to be working on updating our exterior look. I hope to see you again soon.
Holmes Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Older refurbished hotel, clean amenities and excellent breakfast. King sized bed very comfortable. Overall very happy with stay. Apparently I need to use. 200 characters so that should do it. OMG enough characters already if I can express complete satisfaction in 72 characters why do I need to write a 128 more? Hope this gets me over 200 characters if not I'm going cancel my review because of stupid Rules

• Stayed March 2014
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay despite the issue with the number of characters required. It wasn't our requirement. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay; and I hope to see you again, soon.
Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I picked this motel because it takes dogs. A lot of chain motels make you take a smoking room but not this place. The room was clean and we had a good view of the mountains. Make sure you go to breakfast before 9. I was surprised that the buffet closed at 9 on a Sunday. There is a lot to do in and around the town. The location is convenien.t

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor over by the gas station. You can see the park and the mountains...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The reason that breakfast closes at 9:00 am is that we have a lot of workers staying with us (even on the weekends). They want breakfast at 6:00 am. Health Department guidelines dictate that, if we open at 6:00 am, we throw away all food that is not eaten by 9:00 am. To stay open another hour would increase waste resulting in increasing our rates. I hope you come stay with us again.
York Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Booked the hotel from Hotels.com, Which is a nightmare experience all on its own. NEVER EVER EVER book a hotel through hotels.com! Anyway, pictures online a deceiving, the hotel was old cheap looking. Checked in, went to room. Room seemed to have old bedding, stained towels, moldy bathroom and extremely wobbly furniture. The nicest thing in the room was the Safe. After 20 minutes, I decided that I rather spend my money elsewhere due to the old cheap motel look. It just felt gross to me. Nothing about it made me want to stay. I didn't stay. I cancelled my reservation and left. I do not recommend this hotel at all unless they do a complete renovation and overhaul to this place! Sad when you book a hotel and leave hundreds of miles a way and you think pictures are enough to make a decision until you get there. Still fighting hotels.com to get my full refund!

Green Features: Washing your towels every once in a while would help!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashtray85
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay. We like to hear from our guests even when we don't measure up to their expectations. I plan on showing this comment to my head of housekeeping and then going room by room through the hotel with her as there is nothing in your comment to identify the room. While I can't fix the dated, exterior entry look of the property, what can be fixed will be fixed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
#2 of 5 in Strasburg
Super 8 Front Royal
Super 8 Front Royal
#6 of 9 in Front Royal

Been to Quality Inn Skyline Drive? Share your experiences!