“OK for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Halifax, United Kingdom
“OK for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Quality in Skyline Drive early May this year.
It's a typical Motel (outside access to your room)
Room was spacious and reasonably well furnished.
Breakfast was as expected but absolutely ok.
Location was for us perfect
Desk staff could not have been better.
For what this cost its hard to beat.

Room Tip: Choose upper floor at the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerQuality, Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. If there is anything you would like to see us do in the future, please let me know. I hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Having read the poor reviews I was worried on arrival. But room clean, quite, everything worked, breakfast OK. Staff excellent. Only minus was rooms do need a make over, but nothing to stop a good stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 986vvv
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you decided to judge us for yourself instead of by the opinions of others. We are upgrading our rooms in an ongoing renovation. In about half of our rooms with double beds, we have replaced the oversized desk, desk chair and upholstered chair with an activity table and 2 chairs. This gives more room for our guests. We hope to have the rest of the double rooms completed by the end of June. We are getting quotes on replacing vanities and vanity lights in all of our rooms. We are also looking into additional furniture replacement; but that might take us into next year. I hope to see you again soon.
Crossville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I tried to check into this motel on 5-13-14 using a motel coupon from their ad. They had plenty of rooms but didn't want to honor their ad. The area this motel is in and the" who cares" attitude as well as being just crappy caused us to leave and we will never return to this location. I travel 6 states and will be sure to let any other traveler know about this motel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. According to the Incident Report that the desk clerk filed, the problem was that you wanted a room type that the coupon expressly did not cover. Had you accepted one of the room types listed on the coupon, you would have received the coupon rate.
Locust Grove, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stay in motels over 100 nights a year, normally in modest places like Comfort Inns or Quality Inns. This was one of the worse I've seen in a while for the price I had expected more. While the room appeared clean the wall paper was pealing off, the drain in the bathroom sink drained very slowly, the seat on the toilet was very loose. The whole place is old and worn. The 8 or 10 other guest I saw were a rough looking bunch. Perhaps the motel is located on the "bad side" of town, I don't know. The breakfast was so disappointing so we went down the street to McDonalds. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that you were not happy about your stay; however, I think you have us confused with another hotel. While we do have construction workers and Appalachian Trail hikers that may look "rough" and there is a McDonalds a half mile away, we don't have wall paper in our guestrooms. The walls are painted.

Travellers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I were going to stay here last weekend. Thank goodness we looked at a room before signing on the bottom line. The room was old, dank and well worn. Not worth the money at all.
Bedspread didn't look like it had been washed in years.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are currently updating our rooms. I am sorry that you were assigned a room that had not yet been updated. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Clean with friendly staff. The outside is a little dated however look past this and you will find spacious rooms comfortable beds and good choice of food. Good to stay for one or two days to explore the Valley and Park.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are going to be working on updating our exterior look. I hope to see you again soon.
Holmes Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Older refurbished hotel, clean amenities and excellent breakfast. King sized bed very comfortable. Overall very happy with stay. Apparently I need to use. 200 characters so that should do it. OMG enough characters already if I can express complete satisfaction in 72 characters why do I need to write a 128 more? Hope this gets me over 200 characters if not I'm going cancel my review because of stupid Rules

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay despite the issue with the number of characters required. It wasn't our requirement. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay; and I hope to see you again, soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester

Been to Quality Inn Skyline Drive? Share your experiences!