“I have seen better super 8 motels”

Super 8 Front Royal
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Front Royal
Omaha, Nebraska
“I have seen better super 8 motels”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This would be one of the places I would stay if it was the only place to stay and to far to drive to the next town. The People behind the desk could care less whether or not your stay was OK or not. The only thing that was good was the beds, they must have been new. The hall ways were filthy as was the rest of the place. The breakfast consisted of coffee, milk and cereal, so we choose to eat at the Front Royal Diner which was great. I would never stay at this Super 8 again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klink1194

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I arrived on foot in Front Royal, Va. at 11.00 A.M. I called different local motels but just knew after the friendly conversation with FALISHA that the SUPER 8 was going to be my choice. On arrival, the friendliness never waned. The room rate was more affordable than the competition but the facility, the room, the bed were on par or superior to the competition. I especially want to draw folks attention to the over-sized shower head and the strong stream of hot water that never lagged. KB, front desk agent, was very informative about the area and any question he was unable to answer, we researched it on-line. Yes, there is a computer available in the lobby and WiFi throughout. I am looking forward to a free breakfast in the morning and another long hot shower before departing for the AT. For value, convenience, and an all around positive experience the SUPER 8 in Front Royal, Va. cannot be beat. It merits hiker HIGH ROLLER'S 10 STAR rating. Next time you're in lovely Front Royal, Va., check it out. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard P
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was traveling from Arlington, VA across I66 trying to get to I81S. It was late, I was exhausted and needed to stop for the night and planned on stopping at the next motel. At Exit 13, the sign said Super 8, so I took that exit. What a HUGE mistake! When I got off the hwy, it came to a "T" and didn't say which way to go. I went left and after a couple of miles, realized it must me the wrong way. Turned around and went back. At the "T", I stopped at the gas station and asked for directions, the lady look at me like I was nuts because the hotel was "WAY" in town, not around there, but I was headed the right way. Should have gone right at the "T". It took me for miles and miles, completely pitch black with no lights anywhere down a hilly and winding road, which I later realized was Hwy55 (John Marshall Hwy) and that turned into "South Street" when you got into town. It's easy to find then and the road dead ends, so you can't miss it then. Even if I had gone further to Exit 6 on I66 and taken Hwy55 south into town, it was STILL way off the highway and would not have been easy to find in the dark. If we were going to that area to sight see, the hotel would have been just okay. The rooms were clean enough. Everything was in working order. You'll have to ask for more towels if you have more than two people with you. The continental breakfast was horrible and they didn't restock anything. It was packed with people. We got there within the first hour and there was only crumbs left and people racing for those! No coffee left either. They only had two cereals, one juice, one punch, some bread, bagels and some pastries. No fruit, no eggs. When we complained about no food left, the lady came out from the front desk to *literally* toss four plastic wrapped cinnamon rolls onto the tray and walked off. Those were snatched up within seconds of her tossing them there. I would not recommend staying at this hotel unless you were desperate and planning on staying in that town for some reason.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hemant P, Manager at Super 8 Front Royal, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thanks for your review. On exit # 6, VDOT sign for Super8 have distance from exit. once you come to T junction there is sign with right arrow for Super8. It is very good possibility that in dark you did not notice that sign. I am sorry for this. So far breakfast, We do have all as per Super8 requierment. If you did not see any coffee or abn item for breakfast you should tell to front desk.
That her job to get you whatever you don't see their.
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was my first time staying in a Super 8 hotel in years. The first room assigned to me had a couple of deficits in my opinion; the bed was very hard, the desk light didn't work and it had a "well worn" look about it. I mentioned those things to the desk manager, and immediately they changed my room to one much nicer and the bed more comfortable. Mind you, this is a basic hotel, but they certainly were accomodating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nwnative44
Thanks for your good review. We try our best to satisfy our guest.
phillipsburg, nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Well lets just start by saying that I made the reservations 2 weeks in advance. We arrived early they said the room was not ready and that was understood , we arrived before 9am for a 3pm check in. We just wanted to see if by any chance it was already available. So we continued on a came back for 3pm. We arrived to the hotel to check in and the front desk clerk , who was the same clerk which was there in the morning, said it was for a queen room , which I immediately responded a queen handicap accessible. She then said no I said yes.... showed her proof from the email confirmation. Long story , short .. it was not available they had only two accessible room in the building and they both were occupied since the beginning of the week . We were left out to dry and with no assistance possible. Due to medical reason which will remain private we could only use an accessible room and they did not care. Again I made these reservations over 2 weeks ago, why didn't she say anything when she checked to see my reservation when we arrived early. We also called corporate still waiting for some kind of compensation. We ended up staying at a hotel over 20 miles away, more expensive, but with better service, different chain all together. Amazing just sad we never had a problem with the Wyndham Hotel Chains, I was so disgusted and disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hemant P, General Manager at Super 8 Front Royal, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thanks for bringing this problem which you experiened at Super8, Front Royal, VA. I did talk to Manager and she told me someone stayed night before he want to stay one more night and do not want to move other room. So time you came to check in handicap room was occupied. she offer you upgread room, you refused that. then she also offer you to get room In Qulity inn, with no additional charges to you. Qulity INN is only 2 miles from Super8, You refused that too. You personally choose to go 25 miles and stay at Best Western. She try her best to help you in this matter. I personally apologize for not having you reserved room at Super8.

Travellers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

#6 of 9 in Front Royal
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Super 8 Front Royal? Share your experiences!