“A variation of fast food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Spelunker's Frozen Custard and Cavern Burgers
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Champlin, Minnesota
“A variation of fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The burgers were good, my son had fish n chips and liked them a lot. The chicken strips were also fresh made on site as well as the fries. Overall very good meal but maybe a little too on the greasy side. Order at the counter/they bring it to the table. Still better than a fast food drive through and definitely family friendly.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nike2122

Stafford, Virginia
“Great little place that I was initially a bit put off by..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I never would have stopped here just driving past, but am really glad I did. The frozen custard is the creamiest and best I have ever had and the burgers and fries are amazing. The prices are fast food but the food taste and quality is not. Crisp pickles and lettuce on the burgers which were cooked just right and thick, sweet and creamy custard to top it all off. Next time I am in Front Royal driving through to the mountains this will be my stopping place!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Leesburg, Virginia
“Never would have stopped here had I not read Trip Advisor's reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spelunker's is a drive thru and dine in restaurant/frozen custard stand. We stopped here on our way to Skyline Caverns. It is just about a mile and a half from there. My grandson wanted to drive thru and eat in the car, so we did. I was happily surprised that the hamburgers were delicious! They have jr. burgers for the kids and he got his plain with a vanilla milkshake (creamy and also delicious from the small taste I was able to get). Mine had everything-tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions and light on the mayo, like I requested. Juicy burgers, not made ahead-we had to pull up and wait a few minutes for someone to run our order out to us.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank klu3
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Purposely stay in Front Royal on our travels just to get our burger & custard fix. The absolute best @ a ridiculously low price.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great burgers and shakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My son looked forward to going every week and loved it. He's 16 and quite the burger & shake connoissouier!

Visited July 2014