“Used to be better”

Got a photo?
Add it.
South Street Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: Has been open for a while and a legend among AT through hikers. It is a store-front restaurant with a 50's diner theme.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I like this place but they are making it hard!Met my wife there after church and she had the special of the day which she and several others said was very good, I just had eggs and bacon.Her dish took very long to arrive,the place was less than half full! I was never offered a refill on orange juice or coffee and the bill took forever to come. I hope we caught them on a bad day!I will give them one more chance

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were on our way from va to md. Decided to grab some food. Order a meatloaf and country fried steak with mashed potatoes, green beans and baked potato. Order a vanilla milkshake that tasted like a spoiled milk. Seemed like they blended the frozen milk adding a powder of non dairy creamers. Seriously. It was thick as regular milk, no vanilla flavor in it at all. Seemed like there was no ice cream either. The food.... was even worse. Like seriously. Who can make a meatloaf taste bad? Couldn't eat even half of it. Beans were straight from the can. Fried steak didn't have any taste or flavor in it. When the seevery asked us in the end how it was,when he heard about our experience she said something about people not liking all this salt and conservatives in their beans. Come on. Frozen green beans wouldn't taste that bad for sure. About meatloaf... her commentioned was... "oh yeah, I should told you that before, it is not good here". Liked the place interior. But this is it. I've never had as bad experience in eating out as this one.
Oh yeah. Forgot to notice. Be sure you stomach will feel funny after that. The worst 30 dollars I spent.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I have been a long time customer at South Street Grill, but I think the quality of the food and service has declined in the past few years. On a recent visit, after having our orders messed up, I received a BLT which had ice cold bacon and a slice of tomato so thin that your could read through it. South Street is still inexpensive and diner style food, but I'm not sure it is nearly the value that it once was.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Have eaten there a couple of times and came away satisfied. Food was good and reasonably priced. Very interesting decor, traveling back in time to the Elvis years. Can get excellent ice cream and shakes when the caboose type vendors are closed during the colder months.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have been in here multiple times for breakfast and lunch. There breakfast is a good deal and you get plenty of food, coffee is good and the staff has always been friendly!