“Not tonight ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This has to be the worst food that I have ever got at this place. We are regulars and always have the best food just not tonight sorry Harry you ain't got it

Reviewed 19 October 2013

A friend took my wife and I to the Mikado last evening and we certainly got more than we expected. Food was very good as was the service. Based upon this experience, we have scheduled a birthday celebration dinner for friends later this month. Yes, we will be back.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This restaurant has great habachi chefs who make your food right in front of you. It is very entertaining especially for children. I always get the salmon and it is the best I have had anywhere. The yumyum sauce is excellent on the fried rice and for a dipping sauce. It is not a good place to go if you are in a hurry, but if you are looking for a nice relaxing meal with family or friends, I highly recommend. Lunch menu is less expensive than the dinner menu.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We have eaten at Mikado more times than I can remember! The food is always superb, service is good. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food. Many times we have taken out of town guests with us and they are delighted! One lady from NC said it was the best steak she had ever eaten....will return many more times I am sure.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I had the WORST restaurant experience I have ever had here. I came in with a group of four at 9 p.m., not knowing they closed at 930 (still, we were there 30 min before closing time) but it became extremely clear we were NOT welcome. They didn't have a grill table still set-up so we sat in the sushi bar. This wasn't a big deal, I am a server and a very flexible at restaurants. I know they don't want late tables, but I have stayed at work 2 hours after closing time to accommodate customers, that is our job. However, it continued to go downhill when we sat down, Another server came into the room and shouted across at our server "are they ordering grill? because I don't have any soup or salad made up." Once again, as a server, something I could live with, but she should not have shouted across the dining room and was obviously irritated that we were there and that she might have to make a soup or salad. Then we told our server that we were ordering sushi and grill and she gave us one minute to look at the menu before coming back and asking for our order. She wasn't outright rude but you could tell she was only going through the motions and wanted us out of there. After we ordered and all through the meal, our server and the other employees still on stood near our table just hovering trying to make us hurry. I heard one server say I wish they paid us over-time for this. That was five minutes after they closed. Then the lights were turned off all around us, the music was turned off and even the MANAGER came and turned the thermostat up on us. As I said, I am server and I understand sometimes you need to do this to get customers out, but everywhere I have worked we usually give them at least 30 min after we close not ten minutes. Then with no question of desert, coffee, or anything else the bill was dropped off. Our bill was over a hundred dollars and we left the ungrateful server 20%. Then even after she picked the paid bill up and saw she was getting more than 20 dollars from us, she started to mop the floor around us. My manager would never have let my co-workers or me act that way much less stand there and encourage us. We were out of there by ten if not a couple minutes before, not hours after they had closed like we were being treated. The treatment we received completely ruined the fact that the sushi was delicious. If you must go in here and eat make sure you get there at least an HOUR before they close. I would not recommend to anyone and will not be returning.

4  Thank Ell H