“A nice "hometown" place”

Mom's Country Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American
Description: Google Search Will Bring It Up Easily. There's A Review On Yelp And Urbanspoon
Front Royal, Virginia
“A nice "hometown" place”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This restaurant is a bit tricky to find (behind Rite Aid), but worth it. We were there for lunch, and the place was busy. I had the country ham with a side of butter beans and applesauce. My husband had liver and onions with coleslaw (had a bit too much dressing, but was tasty) and cottage cheese. Very reasonable prices, and the food was good. Wish they served breakfast all day, however, as we both were kind of up for breakfast for lunch. Very attentive servers, and good menu selections. Nice variety of daily specials too. One of the area Rotary Clubs meets there for breakfast, so it must be good for breakfast too. Looking forward to a return visit to try out the breakfast menu.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank momE1

Front Royal, Virginia
“Local Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Place was packed and the food was nothing special. Eggs toast.. Pretty simple and pancakes... No Frillls.... Where is the home cooking cinnabuns or something special to make it stand out... OK.. It's as stated.. Mom's Country Kitchen...

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TAMMY R
“Cheap Food”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Cheap Food, friendly service. But if you are a foodie, you will be sorely disappointed. I ordered the vegetarian omelet which was substantial in size, but very lacking in flavor or taste. Some herbs or spices would have helped this dish immensely.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Caywoman7
Virginia
“Breakfast and Lunch were both a good value”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have driven by Mom's many times and just never bothered to try it out but I'm glad I finally did!

My first visit last week was for lunch. It was 11:30 and I was hoping for breakfast, but on weekdays they shift to lunch around 11:00. No big deal so I had a BLT on wheat toast. I know it is difficult to mess this sandwich up but this one was great. (I have had awful ones before so it IS possible!)

The atmosphere was friendly and quaint country, hence the name, and it was very clean throughout. Everyone I talked with was nice and even though it was busy, nobody seemed to be in a bad mood.

The next day I went around 7:30 and had a breakfast sandwich. They have a good variety of breakfast items to choose from and it looked to me like if you want it for breakfast, they probably can make it.

They take credit cards unlike one of the other breakfast places in Front Royal and it looks like they can open up another section of the restaurant if it gets too crowded. I would pick a local place over a chain any day so it is worth giving them a try, in my opinion.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Joe_MVirginia
Happy Creek, VA
“Average breakfast fare, below average breakfast service.”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We arrived on a Sunday morning around 9AM. The restaurant was busy but not filled to the brim. Our server was very friendly and took our order shortly after we seated ourselves. We ordered basic breakfast fare straight off the menu; bacon, eggs, home fries; a breakfast sandwich with a side of corned beef hash; and a side of sausage gravy with biscuits. Shortly after ordering our drinks came out and we took in the atmosphere. Decor is very basic but loaded with bear motif items and I can appreciate that as I have bears in my backyard all the time. Before we knew it it was 9:30AM and our drinks were empty and sitting on the edge of the table waiting for a refill. Time keeps passing and it's now 9:40AM and our waitress comes by and gives us refills and lets us know our food should be out any minute. 5 minutes later our food arrives. Everything is as ordered and looks OK. The bacon, eggs, and home fries were freshly cooked but it was obvious that there was no seasoning on anything. We received plain eggs, home fries, etc. The corn beef hash was obviously from a can and wasn't crisped on the flat top but simply warmed up and spooned on the plate. The sausage gravy also looked like it was just poured from a can as it had that consistency and sheen that can only be had from canned gravies. Overall we will not be returning. Our waitress was super friendly but unfortunately she can't control the amount of time it takes for food to come from the kitchen. I understand that things are a bit slow in areas of the South but when it takes over an hour to have basic breakfast fare we might as well found someplace to enjoy brunch with a mimosa.

• Visited May 2013