“Delicious, highy quality lunch and plenty of fun”
Review of Blue Wing Frog

Blue Wing Frog
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Front Royal
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Casual, eclectic and fun menu. Brunch on Sundays, picnics, take-out or dine-in lunch or dinner. Hearty meat dishes but vegetarian/vegan friendly with lots of entree options for the latter. Gluten free options available as well
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious, highy quality lunch and plenty of fun”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and two teenage boys stopped here for lunch upon arriving in Front Royal in order to fuel up before hiking in Shenandoah National Park. I'd read many positive TripAdvisor reviews, so this eatery was first on my list and it did not disappoint. First, my family really appreciates high quality, healthy food and Blue Wing Frog offers nothing but. My sons loved the Death by Pork and Adult PB&J sandwiches. My falafel sandwich was the best I ever had. My husband ordered a salad and it was very fresh and crisp. Many creative and delicious sounding offerings on the menu. Large portions. We ate at the giant picnic table, which was a hoot. The staff were welcoming, helpful and very friendly. We would have eaten more meals here during our stay in Front Royal, but they were not open for breakfast or dinner on the days we were there. This is a unique and wonderful eating experience and will be our first stop when we return to the area.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Susan A

“A Must”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is not just for picnics. The interior is casually elegant in restful colors. The floor is stained to give an impression of a pond floor! You won't find plastic counters or tables either. The restaurant is growing its own herbs in planters outside the front in beautifully made planters. You may choose to eat inside or outside or, yes, to order take out for a picnic or hike or just for at home. One of my favorite things to do is to stand still inside the door and breathe deeply of the great scents of outstanding cooking! Nothing is store bought there; all is prepared in-house - the scrumptious breads, hummus, soups, quinoa pilaf, oh I am getting hungry for another trip as I recall the great food! Check the daily menu online, call to order ahead if you wish. Myself I enjoy waiting while they put together the meal I have ordered, enjoying the ambiance and the scents.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Susan B
“Excellent Chicken Salad”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The friendly staff welcome each customer with a smile and conversation. The chicken salad sandwich is excellent. I love the Rosemary Lemon cookies! A friend ordered the shrimp po'boy and said it was delicious. Homemade breads and unique recipes for the menu items. A nice change of pace.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Debbie N
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow - what a gem!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stumbled on this adorable little place from helpful reviews. Wonderfully fresh, well sourced, seasonal fare. The Death by Pork was indeed fantastic, but I must rave about the sides and sauces! Homemade ketchup (I didn't think I liked ketchup!), wonderful apple and Vidalia salad, amazing dill mayo, etc etc etc. I can't wait to go back and try the shrimp the women next to me had, the adult PB&J, and all the yummy salads (the fresh pea salad sample was delish)!

The vegan and veggie offerings all look tasty to this omnivore. Will be back on our next trip to the area.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank KAT122014
Front Royal, Virginia
“Real Food, Real Options”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

What's nice about Blue Wing Frog, besides the hospitality, are the options. Vegan? They can help. Vegetarian? They can do that too. Homemade goodies that you won't find anywhere else in Front Royal, yes, they do that also. As for meat options, I recommend the Death By Pork sandwich (it's huge, you may want to share it with someone) or the Apple Chicken Salad (again, huge). All of the soups have been great thus far too and the rosemary lemon cookies are to die for.

• Visited June 2014