“Worst Pei Wei I've ever eaten ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pei Wei Asian Diner
Ranked #60 of 102 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I haven't been to this location for about a year and it is dramatically different from a year ago. This was the worst Pei Wei meal I've ever had. I ordered the Korean Spicy with Beef. First, there was no Spicy and it tasted sickening sweet. Second, the side of fried rice was cold and tasted like it had made days ago. The only goo thing about he dish was the vegetables were fresh and crisp. My husband just picked the chicken out of his Thai Curry. I'm. It sure if this franchise changed management, but we will not be returning and if this is what Pei Wei has become I'm not sure we will ever eat at another. What happened to a PF Chang's experience at lower prices??

Reviewed 6 July 2017

There are plenty of ways to customize your order, pay an affordable price, and receive your food on a timely basis.
I like their brown sauce and broccoli dishes.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

This restaurant has an excellent Asian food menu. The food is excellent. the portions are great and the service is fast. I go there often. Their rewards program is excellent.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I love Pei Wei's food, but I am not a fan of how their menu seems to have changed each time I go there. On this visit DanDan Noodles were no longer an option. However, one of the cashiers (maybe the manager) told me that it was part of their "special" menu and allowed me to order it. The staff is always pleasant and helpful at this location.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We've been here a lot since they opened several years ago. The food is good. You used to order and the food would come out super quick, now it takes a little longer but that's ok.

I'm getting tired of them not getting my order correct. I always order Ginger Broccoli with Chicken and white rice. Nothing weird about it - it's on the menu. The last three times I went here, one order was a completely different chicken dish and twice they gave me brown rice instead of white rice. They fixed it each time but I don't understand why they can't seem to get it correct. Maybe it's a case of the person taking our order not listening. Maybe they are trying to tell me I should eat more brown rice.

Another thing that bothers me, they have a coca cola free style machine. I love to drink cherry Dr. Pepper. Every time we go, the cherry isn't working. Why have the machine if you aren't going to have any flavors? I guess I should just drink water and eat my brown rice.