“South of the border in Gainesville” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Tio Tex-Mex Grill
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gainesville, Virginia
“South of the border in Gainesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

El Tio gives Gainesvillians the chance to enjoy authentic Tex-Mex food without driving into the
city or its close-in suburbs. The service is friendly and efficient,the drinks---spelled Margaritas---
are large and tasty, and the chips and salsa are great. For entrees, we normally stick with tacos,
enchiladas or chimichangas which come with rice and refried beans. The portions are on the large
size so we usually don't have room for dessert. It's nice to have excellent Mexican food so near at
hand.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Alexandria
“Yummy Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Went here last night with my date and we had a great time. The chis and salsa were delicious. They also have a great cheese dip, that I also loved. We had the steak fajitas and the quesadilla. It was delicious. I love Mexican food and this was sooo good. The reason that I it was not five stars was that we did not order alcoholic drinks and they were a little pushy about it. I would still go back, I just wish it was closer to me.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anne J
Haymarket, Virginia
“Relaxing family run Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is where we go for Mexican food close to home. The service is excellent, prices moderate and food fresh and delicious. I usually get chicken fajitas but have never seen anything that doesn't look good. I usually go with a large group of at least 8 and the service is always great. One thing to watch out for is the basket of homemade tortilla chips that comes before the meal. It's hard to eat just one....they are so light it doesn't feel like you've eaten anything so very easy to eat the whole basket. Parking is easy and it's close to lots of shopping so makes a good place to stop and have lunch of dinner.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kathy20169
Bellevue, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST mexican cuisine ANYWHERE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants and this one take the prize. The food is authentic and the service top notch. The margaritas are a bit expensive but they are so so good. I generally have a combination platter of chile relleno, cheese or chicken enchilada and a tamale. Helpings are huge and well presented.

Visited August 2013
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is absolutely one of the best Mexican Restaurants we have eaten at! The salsa & guacamole were yummy & main dishes were so wonderful! I got chicken Acapulco that had a fresh cilantro relish that was so good! My husband got the chicken burito platter and loved it! The service was great! We were traveling thru the area having spent the last week in DC & now on our way home. Believe me if we lived in this area this would be a weekly place for us!!

• Visited August 2013