“Great BBQ in NoVA”
Review of The Bone

The Bone
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: What makes The Bone so good? We'll let you in on our secret... there's no generations-old technique or high-tech equipment fueling our fire, it simply starts and ends with the ingredients. From our Certified Angus Beef Brisket to our Locally-Sourced Fresh Produce to the Hickory Logs Smoking our Pits, when you enjoy a mouthwatering platter from The Bone you know you are getting honest, no-frills barbeque.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was my 3rd trip to Bad to the Bone. They are located between Gainesville and Warrenton. They have great smoke flavor in all their meats and the sides are to die for.

I had their brisket, which was tender and juicy. This is saying something because I typically don't care for brisket. My wife ordered it and gave me some to try on our last trip. This time I ordered it. At most places, it is usually too done and dry for me.

I also had the ribs that had a nice smoke ring and bark. Slather on a choice of their sauces and enjoy good, tender morsels of pork that has been rendered well. Their pulled pork is tender with that tang of vinegar in the sauce. The BBQ chicken is tender and juicy, with a good smoke flaver as well.

Their slaw is good, their beans are wonderful, but another surprise is their potato salad. I'm really picky about that and it was fantastic!

Don't miss your chance at some good BBQ when going through the area.

3  Thank jlspencer

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My family went to eat here, which we have done on occasion, this was by far the worst experience ever. First lack of management care. They did not stop by to check on how things were. They had to leave to go to the store, Staples, so why didn't check how our experience was, or how about when he returned. He walked right passed us and we were talking how bad the food was. The manager was more interested in talking with their employees who were sitting at the bar top eating rather than actual customers. Food was cold, fries too. Chicken over cooked causing it to be dry. The cashier, or bartender did not clarify the beer I ordered on top of things... I have worked in all types of food services, so I have an idea how things should be and this did not meet my standards and we will not be considering this place for a long while.

2  Thank Dawgpound96
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Used them for our daughter's graduation party. The food is always the best. Ordered the brisket, pulled pork,pulled chicken, and sausage. All of our guest had rave reviews. Would have received 5 stars if price was a little lower, and the food was ready at requested pick-up time. Had to wait 1/2 hour, which for an order placed two weeks in advance, should not have happened. In spite of that would recommend for anyone considering a large self catering experience. For better value order by the pound on entrees and sides.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

The brisket was tender and tasty, the pulled chicken and pulled pork was moist and flavorful and delicious. The Smoked Brisket Chili was great tasting and so thick, no bowl needed when you can scoop it onto a plate! We had no leftovers of Mac & Cheese, Potato Buns or Cornbread muffins, gone! The bit of potato salad, coleslaw, beans stayed fresh and tasty for our Monday leftover meals. I couldn't get enough of the sweet tea!

What more can you ask for... delicious tasty food, plenty of it and enough leftovers for another large family meal. Keep it coming Bad to the Bone, we'll be back and can't wait!

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

If you aren't hungry before you walk into this place, by the time you get through the quick-moving line, you will be. As you read the variety of BBQ'd meats on the wall and enjoy the mouthwatering smokey smell of the restaurant, you can't help but be ready for some lunch. I had the Carolina Style pulled pork. I lived in NC for a few years and this was exactly what I was craving. The collard greens weren't to my taste, but everything else was great.

Prices were reasonable and the staff seemed friendly. Outside seating was great. It was fairly peaceful and umbrellas at the tables will be great on a return visit on a sunnier day.

I'm anxious to go back and try their ribs.