“Hampton Inn Gainesville, VA”

Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gainesville
Virginia
“Hampton Inn Gainesville, VA”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is well located just off I66. Lots of dining options close by. Hotel is well maintained and well appointed. The staff was very helpful with directions and there was multiple breakfast options available. This hotel is close to the new Novant Haymarket Medical Center in Haymarket, VA. Would definitely stay again and I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is really the only hotel in the area so the management has little incentive to make it anything special. That being said, they really do a great job. Everything was very clean. The room had a fridge/ microwave/ and coffee. The bathroom was stocked with nice amenities. I was wary of staying here but it was quite good and I would go back. What makes it particularly great is its proximity to Target (walking distance) and a bunch of stores and restaurants (the ability to have take-out sushi for dinner is a huge plus). I did not plan on having to stay two nights (so I did not pack for two) and thank goodness all those stores were right there within walking distance. There's also a little convenience store in the lobby that adds a nice touch.

Breakfast was well done and the staff friendly and helpful. The internet was fast. The bed an pillows were comfortable and the train didn't bother me at all. The only problem I had was that there was nowhere to hang my clothes. Perhaps it was just my room, but there was no closet or ironing board. If I had really needed those items, I'm sure the staff would have helped me out.

1 Thank clh6262
Chesapeake, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a very nice, clean, comfortable and quiet Hampton Inn Hotel. Would recommend it to any travelers staying in Prince William County, Virginia. Breakfast was nice - many options available. Room was nice and quiet and had great amenities.

Woolwich Township, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2014

If you need to be in in Gainesville area, you really have no other choice. The hotel is OK - cleaner than we found it previously. Train noise still an issue from the freight train that goes by several times a night, and the bed covers are still lumpy. We had no heat the evening we were there. I am sure they would have fixed it, but, it was really late and we just wanted to get some sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Diana M
Bedford, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Wonderful staff and great rooms, clean & well maintained. Exceptional value. Love the location. I stay here a few times a year when visiting the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia. Remarkably quiet given the train runs right next to it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

North Carolina
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here with my daughter and her family for 3 nights. We had two separate rooms. I had a room facing the front and my daughter's room faced the back. She experienced the passing train every night but said the noise didn't disrupt anyone's sleep, especially the kids. Both our rooms had two beds, a small fridge and microwave. There were enough towels and the heating system worked well. The beds were firm and comfortable.

The housekeeping staff always cleaned our rooms early. We would often see them in the morning in the hallways and they were friendly and personable.

Breakfast, which was included in the room, was always good and had enough of a variety that everyone was happy. There was a different egg-based hot food choice every morning as well as fruit, cereal, oatmeal, waffles and pastries. The hotel is very family friendly but I also saw quite a number of people who were obviously there on business.

Wi-fi was free and the reception was fairly strong throughout our stay. There's a small gym on the first floor and a laundry room as well that I found so convenient to wash a couple loads of clothes. I love staying in a hotel where I can do laundry during my trip!

The hotel is in a great location near many restaurants and a Target is across the street. The staff was always so nice and helpful. We arrived late at night and they greeted us warmly and made sure check-in was fast so we could get the kids up to the room and to bed. The front desk also had cookies available in the afternoon, something that my little grandson always remembered.

Overall, this is a wonderful hotel to stay in. My husband and I often stay at other Hilton affiliates so this is my first Hampton stay in many many years and I was quite pleased with the room, the comfy beds and the service I received. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, rooms in the front don't have the train noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MollyMick
Ithaca, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

New, well managed property. Requested wheelchair accessible room. Room had tub/shower with fold-down tub seat and adjustable hand-held shower. Who ever thought these things made a bathroom accessible?! The fold-down bench seat was permanently mounted at the very back of the tub, the "adjustable" hand-held shower was at the front of the tub, out of reach from the seat, and aimed fixed straight out at the bather's face! Shower curtain had to be tucked under the overhanging seat so water ran all over the bathroom floor. The coil hose from the shower was loose at the top and sprayed over the top of the curtain. All very frustrating and not conducive to independent bathing! The good part was the that the staff were sincerely glad to learn of the problems and will hopefully rectify the situation. Didn't even notice the train others complained about. Good hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville
#1 of 20 in Manassas
Candlewood Suites Manassas
Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park
Best Western Battlefield Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket? Share your experiences!