“Good Room, Good Price”
Review of Knights Inn Galax

Knights Inn Galax
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Galax
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I wanted to write a review for this hotel because I was very surprised with what I got when I went there. The rooms were large and very clean. The bathroom fixtures sparkled like new. The mattress was soft and comfy, and the linens were bright white and clean. There was free high-speed internet and I know in some of the big hotels you have to pay a fee for it. The front desk manager was courteous and assisted in finding me good food for dinner. To get this type of service and room for the price I paid is amazing. I was just passing through the on my way to a conference and ended up finding a hidden gem.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank onthego2047

Reviewed 19 December 2010

The Knights Inn is a great place to stay while traveling. We were driving through the area and thought we could make it further without stopping, but decided to get off at the exit. The hotel is away from the interstate enough that there is peace and quiet, but close enough that you can get right back on in the morning. The rooms were very big and the linens and mattresses were comfy. There was a nice sitting area outside to relax at and a big walkway leading to the individual rooms. The rooms very clean, even the smoking room didn't smell like smoke. In the morning, there was a big continental breakfast in the lobby with hot coffee, pastries, cereal, etc. The staff was also very nice and helpful. As I walked up to the desk, I was greeted with a smile and a great attitude. The rates were low compared to places we've stayed before so that was nice for my wallet. All in all, we had a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluestraveler65
Reviewed 26 September 2010

My fiance and I wanted to have a little get away for the night. The room was very clean, large and even though an older Inn, it was up to date and the staff were very nice and helpful. This little place is tucked away from the sound of traffic and loud noise, it was extremely peaceful and restful which is what we were looking for. The bed was extremely comfortable and we rested well. We would recommend this Inn to anyone. The little continental breakfast was not a large amt, however it was enough to start the day with donuts and coffee. For the price this was a nice place to stay and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollimom
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just wishing I could go back to this place one more time. My experiene started with a friendly welcome from the local kkk. They were just standing at the drive way waving at new guests. The room was amazing for the price. Next we went to the pool. Let me just say two words about it. MEGA AWESOME!!!!!! Breakfast was wonderful as well which included overly doughy nuts and a beautiful gallon of milk. Overall very nice facilities with amazing location. Yours truly. Davey cricket. 1876. Actualy this hotel sucks epicaly old llama lard. Don't stay here. Please

4  Thank Megalardy
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We used our points on the choice privileges points program and they were wasted. We arrived at 2:oo am and we had to beat on the door to get the owner/attendent to wake up, took about 17 minutes. We had reservations and was worried we wouldnt get in. He finally got to the window and he was not presentable. He was rude and there was a child crying in the background. This is a split level hotel. You had to drive to the upper level. Our room was paid with points and it was way up in the upper level way in the back far from the office and breakfast and coffee, walk a football field distance to get there. Another party with us paid cash and they got a room next to the breakfast and pool which didnt work. They advertise a pool and your charged for access to use it, but it was just a dirty hole in the ground with no water. The complimentary breakfast was a jug of 2% milk and a bag of powdered donuts. And that baby was still crying! The room was damp and moldy, the AC stunk real bad when we turned it on and was so loud. Didnt really cool the room down at all. There was 2 sinks in the bedroom part that were clogged and stunk bad. The carpet was disgusting and smelled bad and felt dirty. The was 5 of us and they only gave us 2 towels and wash clothes. No soap or tissues or toilet paper. The toilet didnt flush so you had to do 2 times. There was no hot water at all. The bedspread was pulled up looking made up when in fact the sheets underneath were bunched up and we noticed alot of human hair in the sheets. There was no clocks and cobb webs everywhere. We asked for a wake up call and never got it. I would not advise using this hotel with cash or points. I am sure the roaches had a feast on my luggage. I am sorry I stayed there. I wont stay at a knight inn ever again

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank tammykpresley
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I wanted a few days away from home to de-stress. Upon arriving, I found the room I had booked did not have as good a view of the mountains as the more expensive room. The staff were very nice in giving me a better room for the same price. My room was very large, and clean. I always travel with my own supplies, I don't know why anyone wouldn't, so I don't miss shampoos and lotions. The fridge and microwave were clean and very useful. There were chairs provided outside each room to sit in and take in the view. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank BeachMts
Reviewed 24 May 2009

me and my 9 yr old son arrived at the hotel on a friday in may, we were tired and hungry and this is one of the most affordable places i could find. we got the room at 50. a night for 2 nights so it equaled 100.58 total it started with a room key with no number on it, instead it was a post it note stuck to it with the number written on it, i am guessing it could open more then one room but i didnt try it out. we opened the door after several attempts and the first thing you notice is the smell of urine then i walked in they have a prison sized bathroom where you could just barely fit and if you make the mistake of sitting on the toilet you will have ants crawl on you. the bathroom door couldnt shut. the bathroom had a tissue holder that fell of the wall and bugs came out of it. keep in mind im just talking about the bathroom, the bed was thrown together not made right and upon lifting the quilt i discovered other peoples pubic hair, burn holes in the sheet and the pillows had huge orange stains like rust. there were 2 chairs in there and one of them had blood on it. my 9 year old son put his hand in a dresser and it was covered in blood colored something. the windows didnt open right and there were so many dead bugs all over them. the tv wasnt bolted down and would have fell on my son but it was so small it probably wouldnt have hurt to bad. there is stolen cable from comcast in every room . there was no shampoo the towels were filthy. there was no hairdryer or coffee maker. the only thing they had was a fridge and a microwave, the fridge made a loud gun shot type noise and the microwave had a too big for it rotating dish that was starting to catch it on fire. the plugs in the rooms were not secured to the wall. the final hardship was when i asked for a refund and was refused by the manager his excuse was he already put the credit card in the computer and it would mess up his audit. i was only offered a new set of sheets and they were as bad as the first and we were stuck staying in the room, i didnt get any sleep my sons allergies were so bad he could barely breath, on saturday we just left and didnt stay that second night and still didnt get a refund so it turns out that they got away with charging me for the night anyway. i urge you to not go here unless your desperate and even then i would consider just sleeping in the car at that point. this was the worst most unforgettable vacation. in fact i believe that camping without a tent might have been cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2009
3  Thank earthgrounded
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galax
3 mi away
#3 of 5 in Galax
Mountain Top Motel
Mountain Top Motel
#2 of 2 in Fancy Gap

Been to Knights Inn Galax? Share your experiences!