“Not many options”
Review of Hampton Inn Galax

Hampton Inn Galax
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Galax
Reviewed 23 May 2013

In the middle of nowhere, your options are limited. This hotel was recommended to me from a friend. The stay was ok, nothing to be concerned about. However, I believe the price was inflated due to Oak Hill Academy's graduation. The room was cleaner than some I've seen. The staff is very helpful. The complimentary breakfast is less than desirable. If you're expecting gourmet, you're in trouble. That is my only "complaint" actually...the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Hampton Inn with family to participate in my nephews graduation from Oakhill. The staff is outstanding. They will bend over backwards for your comfort. Pool is very small and jacuzzi even smaller. Walls are thin. Had to experience a lovemaking session in the evening with my kids wondering what the noise was next door. Thought there was no smoking in the rooms but they had no queen beds available that were non smoking. They did accommodate us by moving us and all of our things to a non smoking room the next day. The food was terrible like all hotels that do not have a restaurant in it. Have to stand by the door to get cell phone reception. Walmart is the mall and there is a apple bees across the street. Never will imagine myself in Galax again but if I am ever there this would be the hotel I would stay in

• Stayed: May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We loved it here. Everything was very clean and classy and the coffee/tea, crackers and chocolate that awaited us on our arrival after a long journey made the stay extra special. Everything was elegant and the customer service was awesome. Very good value!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Staff were very helpful from the moment you walk in. Rooms were very clean. I am a smoker, and the room still smelled fresh. At other hotels that I have stayed at (not Hampton Inn's), I haven't been able to stay in smoking rooms because of the odor. Very very clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel by accident on a road trip. We booked one of the two rooms with a jacuzzi tub. The upgraded price was minimal and we thought worth it. We checked in around 9pm and were hoping we would see a view of the hills in the morning when the sun came up. We were dissappointed, the view of room we had was of the side of the building. Besides that, the staff was very friendly and the morning breakfast was great. This is a nice clean and modern hotel, and the rooms had plenty of room for two adults, a five year old and an infant. I would stop here in the future, I'll just make sure my room has a view in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is a very nice Hampton Inn! Rooms are very clean. A bigger complimentary breakfast then most hotels. Also has a bagged breakfast if you don't have time to sit down which was awesome! Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We were here for 2 nights and its a great place to stay. Pool and gym are small but still nice.Breakfast and cookies were great! Location is near I77 and plenty of dining and entertainment nearby. Only issue we had was some technical difficulty with the tv that was promptly fixed.we would return.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galax
Comfort Inn
3 mi away
Knights Inn Galax
Knights Inn Galax
#2 of 5 in Galax

Been to Hampton Inn Galax? Share your experiences!