“Fabulous!”
other travellers have booked this property
Fernwood Cabin - Close to Heaven, 1 mile from Blue Ridge Parkway
Butterflies, Blackberries and Cool Mountain Breezes Chances Creek View from Back Deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Butterflies, Blackberries and Cool Mountain Breezes
Chances Creek View from Back Deck
Living Room/Kitchen combined. Electric Fireplace.
Stainless Steel Frig/Stove/Microwave/Dishwasher
Sitting Area on Second Floor Adjacent To Bedroom (above)
Back Porch that Overlooks Mountain
New River Trail.. 9 Miles From Cabin
New River - Canoe, Kayak, Tube, Fish on this Beautiful River
Creekside Brewery and Restaurant--Live Music
View from Front of Cabin
Personal Best Catch, Crooked Creek Fee Fishing Area---Wow- 3 miles from Cabin.
Historic Rex Theater--Live Music
Abundant Wildlife
Blue Ridge Music Center 5 miles from Cabin on Parkway
Views from Blue Ridge Parkway, 1 mile from Fernwood Cabin
Mayby Mill on Blue Ridge Parkway. Eat Buckwheat Pancakes. About 35 min. Drive
Crooked Creek -- Trails, Fishing, Horseback Trails--3 miles from Fernwood Cabin
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Mcordero0...
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Greatly enjoyed our stay in this super clean and cozy cabin! What a great attention to detail! So many fluffy towels and so much extra bedding....
Did I mention how clean it was???
Love that appliances were modern and updated. Dishwasher was athe plus.

My 7 yr. old and I really enjoyed spending time together playing checkers. We all enjoyed watching family movies.. all things we don't have as much time to do too often back at home during our busy city life.

It was nice and convenient to be close to Walmart, Macados, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, while still coming back to this quiet secluded getaway.

I will recommend it to all my friends who are interested in a quiet, relaxing, "away from it" all mountain vacation.

Would've stayed longer if we hadn't been chasing snow! ;)
We're from Miami (hint hint)!!

If I had to make any suggestion at all, I'd say a small washer/dryer would really come in handy. :)
Hope to visit again soon!

BBgard
Camp Hill
“Wonderful cabin”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 for a stay in June 2013

This is a great place to stay. The cabin was everything as advertised and perfect for our purposes. The loft was spacious and the bedroom was plenty big. We did take a day to drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway, and enjoy the beauty around us. We will be back in the future and give thanks to Judy and Richard for such a wonderful place for people to stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
13 Nov 2013
Thanks so much for the review. I hope you and your family will return soon. Regards, Judy
Raleigh
Reviewed 10 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Rugged travelers
10 Aug 2013
Thanks for the great review. The weather here now is quiet lovely. I hope you and your family will return again soon. Regards, Judy
Connecticut
Reviewed 8 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Check-in / front desk
8 Aug 2013
Dear Linda, I am so glad you and your family enjoyed the cabin and hope you will return to the mountains again soon. Judy
NC
Reviewed 18 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

18 Apr 2013
Thanks for the review. Verizon has promised a cell tower in that area for three years. We still await the construction of it. Sorry about the phone signal.

I am glad you liked the cabin and hope you will return. Judy
undershep...
Ridgeway, Virginia
“Exactly what we needed.”
Reviewed 2 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

We defninitely were not disappointed in this property! It was very clean, comfortable, and well decorated. The privacy was awesome yet we were close enough to town to find somewhere for entertainment and necessities. The homeowners were very professional -- considerate and helpful. Loved the ease in which we rented the cabin, picked up the keys, and checked out. This was "exactly what we needed" for a weekend of rest and relaxation away from the rest of the world.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Nov 2012
Thanks for the review. We try to help visitors find things to do and places to eat while visiting. Glad you enjoyed your trip and hope you will return again in the future. Judy
NC
Reviewed 6 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing