“No complaints...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glade Spring
Columbus, Mississippi
“No complaints...”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving greeted by desk clerk,who seemed a bit put out that we arrived. But, that was solved. A timing thing, I guess. Room was small, but adequate. Beds were comfortable. I had my own pillows with me this trip. Never had a motel pillow that suited me! So, all was good there. Didn't bother with breakfast. So, I can't comment on that. All in all, we were satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Old, dirty, not even especially cheap, or as cheap as it should be. Filthy exterior, room dirty, housekeeping left trash right on sink counter! ONE TOWEL in a two bed room!!! half of pillows flat, Desk woman as polite and helpful. Submitted this before breakfast, but from what I see of dining area, will be minimal. TV channel guide wrong.

Room Tip: get room away from highway side
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
San Jose
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I feel bad writing a negative review because this place does have potential. It's not that the hotel is necessarily bad, it's just some weird stuff that you wouldn't normally notice. Like how there were no outlets in the bathroom/vanity area, so I had to straighten my hair while standing directly in front of the TV. Things like that. I write this review in all respect, I know it's hard to keep up any business in the hospitality industry.

The first problem was that we didn't know how to get to the hotel. You could see it perched atop a hill, but the driveway was easily missed and we got down a sketchy road with no streetlamps in a cumbersome moving van. The next morning, we saw that they had cute lamps leading up the driveway, but they weren't on when we'd arrived! If they're broken, they should definitely fix them, it would have been really helpful. The Inn faces the freeway, so be prepared for freeway noise-- not the hotel's fault, just a location detail.

Admittedly, I had no contact with the people in the office, so they could have been very nice. My boyfriend checked us in and out. Almost immediately after we walked into our room, we were met with a problem: not enough outlets. And I don't mean that we had a lot of electronics, I mean you had to unplug something in order to use any of the plugs, like one of the lamps or the TV. I know you can't add outlets without remodeling the whole place, but maybe they can consider investing in some of those lamps with outlets in the base, so the lamp can be plugged into the wall and charging devices into the lamp. Just an idea.

There was a hair dark in the shower, and a matching one on the back of my pillow. I assumed it was from the cleaning person and tried not to think about it too much.

We had booked the room online ahead of time, specifying there would be two of us, but there was only one towel bigger than a washcloth, and it still wasn't a full-sized towel. My boyfriend was cold and wet after using the mini-towel and a washcloth to try to dry off, so we turned on the heater, but within two or three minutes, there was an extremely strong burning smell, so we turned it off and he just had to deal with it. I know we could have called for more towels, but I feel like there should have been enough for at least one person to shower without having to ask.

But aside from the hair, the place was clean. No bedbugs, which is a huge plus in hotels nowadays. It's a little rougher around the edges than a regular hotel, but if you don't need a lot, you can certainly be happy staying here. Even though the price is a bargain, I don't know if I'd stay here again. Sorry!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
travelinn24340, General Manager at Knights Inn Glade Spring, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize about some of the housekeeping issues that you had to deal with, we will be putting additional emphasis on cleaning and linen management. There is a outlet in vanity area for the hair dryer/shaver etc. As for outlets in the room area, we could look into a solution to remedy that. Our goal is to provide clean rooms, great service, and good value. We hope that you would give us another chance. Thank you.
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Don't use your credit card to make a reservation. They charge it even if you don't use the room or try to cancel after just making the reservation. They have a "strict" no cancelation policy apparently.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank michelrock
travelinn24340, General Manager at Knights Inn Glade Spring, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for your review. We do have a cancellation policy in place and guests are made aware of it.
pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have been a weekly customer for ten years. Jay, his family and employees are very accomodating and friendly. The room is a great value and convienently located. There is a nice italian resturaunt attatched to the hotel, as well as many others within walking distance. I recommend this to someone who is just passing through or planning a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
travelinn24340, General Manager at Knights Inn Glade Spring, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for being a loyal guest with us and allowing us to serve you week in and week out. Thank you for the kind words about our employees, we strive to make our place feel like home away from home. See you soon again.
Glade Spring, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed there numerous times. Staff is courteous and the rooms are clean. Does have attached Italian Restaurant and it is pretty darn good. I will always stay there when I'm in the area. Wireless Internet also works great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for being a loyal guest. We appreciate your business. Our main focus is to provide clean and comfortable room and great service. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glade Spring
#6 of 10 in Abingdon
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
#9 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Knights Inn Glade Spring? Share your experiences!