“An unpleasant experience.”

Reviewed 6 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Columbo22

Reviewed 6 June 2013

The hotel seemed to be relatively recently remodeled but not kept up at all. The sheets were pilled with hairs intertwined in them. The carpet was cumming up. the bathroom was also not dirty. The room was supposed to be non smoking (as posted on the door) but it smelled like smoke, had an ashtray on the night stand, and cigaret burns in the comforter on the bed. The breakfast was nearly out of cereal and waffle batter, with no one around to check on it.

It is a shame. with some work and very little money this could be a nice place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Desk clerk told me she had 1 smoking room but telephone didnt work and I said ok with that. Upon getting into the room right next to office I noticed there were no other cars in the parking lot. I used the toliet and flushed and flooded the bathroom. I fixed that problem and went and asked for mop for floor. Was given bunch of towels and that worked on the water mess ok. But everytime I used the toliet it made terrible noises from water in the wall. Finally gave up on that. Slept well enough. Morning came and to make coffee I had to unplug things for the coffee maker. Then tried to fill up coffee pot out of the sink. Water flooded that. Came straight out from under the vanity. I filled up coffee pot from shower. Probably worst super 8 that I have ever stayed in. The desk clerk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kelly s
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving greeted by desk clerk,who seemed a bit put out that we arrived. But, that was solved. A timing thing, I guess. Room was small, but adequate. Beds were comfortable. I had my own pillows with me this trip. Never had a motel pillow that suited me! So, all was good there. Didn't bother with breakfast. So, I can't comment on that. All in all, we were satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Harold F
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Old, dirty, not even especially cheap, or as cheap as it should be. Filthy exterior, room dirty, housekeeping left trash right on sink counter! ONE TOWEL in a two bed room!!! half of pillows flat, Desk woman as polite and helpful. Submitted this before breakfast, but from what I see of dining area, will be minimal. TV channel guide wrong.

Room Tip: get room away from highway side
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I feel bad writing a negative review because this place does have potential. It's not that the hotel is necessarily bad, it's just some weird stuff that you wouldn't normally notice. Like how there were no outlets in the bathroom/vanity area, so I had to straighten my hair while standing directly in front of the TV. Things like that. I write this review in all respect, I know it's hard to keep up any business in the hospitality industry.

The first problem was that we didn't know how to get to the hotel. You could see it perched atop a hill, but the driveway was easily missed and we got down a sketchy road with no streetlamps in a cumbersome moving van. The next morning, we saw that they had cute lamps leading up the driveway, but they weren't on when we'd arrived! If they're broken, they should definitely fix them, it would have been really helpful. The Inn faces the freeway, so be prepared for freeway noise-- not the hotel's fault, just a location detail.

Admittedly, I had no contact with the people in the office, so they could have been very nice. My boyfriend checked us in and out. Almost immediately after we walked into our room, we were met with a problem: not enough outlets. And I don't mean that we had a lot of electronics, I mean you had to unplug something in order to use any of the plugs, like one of the lamps or the TV. I know you can't add outlets without remodeling the whole place, but maybe they can consider investing in some of those lamps with outlets in the base, so the lamp can be plugged into the wall and charging devices into the lamp. Just an idea.

There was a hair dark in the shower, and a matching one on the back of my pillow. I assumed it was from the cleaning person and tried not to think about it too much.

We had booked the room online ahead of time, specifying there would be two of us, but there was only one towel bigger than a washcloth, and it still wasn't a full-sized towel. My boyfriend was cold and wet after using the mini-towel and a washcloth to try to dry off, so we turned on the heater, but within two or three minutes, there was an extremely strong burning smell, so we turned it off and he just had to deal with it. I know we could have called for more towels, but I feel like there should have been enough for at least one person to shower without having to ask.

But aside from the hair, the place was clean. No bedbugs, which is a huge plus in hotels nowadays. It's a little rougher around the edges than a regular hotel, but if you don't need a lot, you can certainly be happy staying here. Even though the price is a bargain, I don't know if I'd stay here again. Sorry!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
travelinn24340, General Manager at Knights Inn Glade Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize about some of the housekeeping issues that you had to deal with, we will be putting additional emphasis on cleaning and linen management. There is a outlet in vanity area for the hair dryer/shaver etc. As for outlets in the room area, we could look into a solution to remedy that. Our goal is to provide clean rooms, great service, and good value. We hope that you would give us another chance. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glade Spring
#1 of 1 in Atkins
Econo Lodge Glade Spring
Econo Lodge Glade Spring
#2 of 2 in Glade Spring

Been to Knights Inn Glade Spring? Share your experiences!