“Wonderful stay and great breakfast!”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful stay and great breakfast!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night after the race in Richmond. It was comfortable in the beautiful, clean guest room. We loved the hot & cold choices for the breakfast too. The price was reasonable also. I would definitely recommend this place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FunTravelBlondie
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear FunTravelBlondie,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We hope you enjoyed your time during the race in Richmond. Thank you so much for all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thanks for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Comfort Suites Glen Allen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Well let's just say that this hotel on the outside may not look excellent...the rooms are awesome. I stayed in 2 different rooms due to the nascar race going on but I will not complain about anything. The beds are comfortable rooms are clean and a good size. Would recommend anyone to swing by and camp out at this hotel. For sure.... Not to shabby.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jimhandy1983
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate your feedback about the hotel. We are very sorry about the inconvenience with changing rooms. We hope that you were not inconvenienced. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Upstate NY
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Don't get me wrong. The stay was ok, and I'd probably stay there again. Overall, though, I'd say our stay was just average. There was nothing that really stood out about the stay.

Just a couple of negatives. Two tv's in the room, and neither remote worked (And yes, I did try them with both tv's just to see if they'd been swapped :)), and the breakfast area was noisy and crowded. Not a relaxing way to start the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ClarkWGrizwald
Dear Clark,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We are very sorry that your remotes did not work in your room. We will look into that as soon as possible. Thank you for also telling us your thoughts about the breakfast area. We are very sorry if your were inconvenienced at all. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I just want to say that sometimes I read reviews and think the person is being nit-picky and ridiculous. Please know, I’m quite serious about wanting to like this hotel as I frequently visit Richmond but sadly cannot recommend this place for someone with the same travel desires I had. Overall this was a fine place to stay if you are just passing through however, if you are vacationing in the greater Richmond area you may want to look elsewhere. Pro’s: Friendly and accommodating staff, decent breakfast, well-appointed rooms, terrific steam shower, two separate living spaces, easily accessible from 95/295 an overall good value for the dollar. Con’s: A few things happened on my trip that should be addressed by management. Upon check-in I was sent up to a non-suite/handicap accessible room which is not what I booked. After going back down to the desk to express my concerns, the very nice hotel clerk found me another room that would better fit my needs. However, she could not find me a room with 2 beds so I was forced to sleep with my 5-year old (not a show stopper, but none-the-less, not convenient). In addition, I stayed the early part of spring break week, on Tuesday the 15th the temperature in Richmond dropped and it began to rain. Noticing this, my son and I went down to the pool at 10AM and it was closed for maintenance till noon. Why would you maintenance the pool during it’s “open hours” time when it was closed all night – and it was raining outside, during spring break week? Out of town travelers might like to swim in the pool – perhaps this was a feature they specifically looked for when selecting a hotel? And on the topic of the pool, this area needs attention immediately. We swam in the pool three times. Each time, the chlorine was so strong both my son and I could not tolerate being in the water for more than 5-10 minutes. On the night of the 15th (when apparently the maintenance issue was completed) there were about 6 people in the pool area. The chlorine was so strong that all of the children were coughing and having a difficult time breathing, it was actually like something out of a movie. We lasted 5 minutes and I had to get out of there – no ventilation, no relief from the overwhelming smell of chemicals – what a total shame. My son and I were totally disappointed as the pool was important to us on this trip. Lastly, I never did receive a visit from housekeeping on my third day (the 15th), but later in the evening did see the staff arguing with the manager in the 3rd floor hallway about rooms that hadn’t been cleaned. With them being outside of my room, I thought for sure when I came back from dinner my room would be cleaned, sadly when I returned three hours later it still was not. I’d say if you are driving South and you want a nice room with a great shower this is your place. Anything more than one night, go to the Windgate in the West End.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room to be on the opposite side of 95.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott N
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Scott,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your room, or the pool area. We find that guest feedback is very important to us. We will pass this very important feedback on to our staff. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2014

As do probably a good majority of the clientele at the hotel.. We were on a stop over, driving down the east coast.
The hotel was clean and updated. The room was huge! We had a King suite for the 2 of us. It was extremely reasonably priced. The master bedroom was large with a nice bed, furnishings, fridge , large screen TV ..and a door to close off the bedroom if someone is staying in the other room. Yes.. Other room! A bar area separates the 2 areas.. There's a pull out couch and again .. Another large screen TV. We never even used that room except to exit into the hallway. The breakfast was good.. And the hotel was within walking distance of a Mall. Within driving distance there were all sorts of restaurants and stores.. Great stop over place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank livluvsunsand
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Let me say that every hotel representative I spoke to was extremely kind and friendly. This was not a business/pleasure trip. I needed a place to sleep for 6 hours. I was looking for quite, clean and comfortable. I was not looking to spend much understandably.
The prices in this area are not low.
The location is apparently close to the university.
My room was very clean.
The bed was perfect.
After explaining my purpose I was given a room away from the soccer teams that were staying for the weekend. I never heard a thing. Thank you sir!
There are some upgrades needed at this hotel. The bathtub must have been from a very long time ago, stained and worn. The heater made so much noise! I turned it off. It was a cold night but I didn't have time to change rooms or listen to it.
I am an AARP and a AAA member but did not get the discount because the soccer teams were there. I was disappointed. It was after midnight. I was staying 6 hours. I should have been given the discount.
I must say that there were so many amenities at this hotel that it IS trying hard to be make value for the area. I suspect that is why the tried and true tub. No excuse for the heater, they can break at anytime. I suspect it is an older model.
There are many breakfast choices. Of course there are many processed choices, but if you are inclined, you can find a good amount of natural choices.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what u value. The gym,food,computers are all on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mgitsme
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mgisme,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. Thank you for telling us your concerns. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We really value all guest feedback. It allows us to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is one of the very few that offers potatoes for breakfast....and real scrambled eggs, not those powdered ones you often fine.

The room was extremely spacious, we had a king room which had a defined bedroom with its own door and separate living room. The living room area had hard wood floors which was a really nice surprise.

Overall the room was clean with the exception of the pillows Not one but TWO pillow cases had dirt marks on them. One was even put on the pillow inside out which made me wonder if other things were overlooked.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traceyincanada
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Traceyincanada,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the pillows in your room. We are very sorry for this. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We use the guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#14 of 23 in Glen Allen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA

Been to Comfort Suites Glen Allen? Share your experiences!