“Great birthday sleep over”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I rented a room for my teen daughter and a couple of her friends. It was clean with a nice decor. I liked the set up. I slept on the pull out (pretty comfortable for a pullout) and the girls took the bedroom. The room was well insulated for sound. Four giggling teens with music didn't disturb me while I was in the living room. Breakfast had enough variety for those who ate. The staff quickly replaced empty items.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Kimberly

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are glad you enjoyed your time during your daughters sleepover. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast service. Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stopped because it was listed in a travel coupon book. We only needed a place to sleep. When we walked in the lobby I was impressed. As other reviewers said, the fish tank was a nice touch. The room was clean (I checked). There was a stall shower in the bathroom with a rain shower head. The shelf to put your shampoo, soap, etc was gone. You could see where it used to be. After turning off the shower it dripped all night. I shut the bathroom door so we wouldn't hear it. The woman at check in was very nice. She seemed to be there alone. There was a large family in the pool making so much noise we didn't stay long.

Room Tip: Right off 95, easy off and on.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kat333,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you chose us for your hotel needs. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the bathroom in your room. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make the necessary adjustments to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The facades are all there for this place. Some work had been done to make it look "done". Big fish tank in the lobby and some really uncomfortable super-modern couches and chairs.

At first glance, it's a nice suite.There is a sitting room separate from the bedroom--carpenting in the bedroom. Coming in late, I didn't notice much, but the next day I noticed that the faux wood floor was kind of squishy to walk on. (To be fair, perhaps this was so that there was some sound barrier from stomping around the room.) It looked like my brother might have done the decorating--there was an obvious attempt, but it was just so many things pushed together that almost worked--oddly modern lamps with very contemporary furniture.

They have redone the bath with a rain-type shower fixture which is okay if the shower is large enough so that you can get out of the "storm" without having to lose all the conditioner the moment it's run through your hair. And, ladies, don't imagine that the light is bright enough to do your make-up. I was just glad the the sun was up when I was so that I could use natural sunlight to get ready for the day.

Like another reviewer, the room was service haphazardly. One day, all the shampoos and soaps were removed and none left in their places.

I tried the breakfast one day, but was turned off when there was no fruit, no oatmeal, an 4 empty coffee dispensers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was late and we were tired and hungry. Our first time at a Comfort Inn. At first we were disappointed that they would not accept the hotel coupon we picked up at a rest stop but it was only saving us $5. Then as the manager checked us in he gave us a suite for the cost of a regular room. It was extremely clean and the largest kitchen area I had seen staying in any of the local suites. Very happy with this experience.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, next to the lobby area. We were a little worried at first but the room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Good rate through choice hotels.com. The hotel looks decent from the outside and the lobby was clean. Nice big fish aquarium. But be careful, looks can be deceiving. I booked a 2 double suite with 2 TVs, micro/fridge. The room was clean until day no.2. The bed bugs took over the room as we slept. They were crawling all over the sheets, pillows, and the walls!!! Collected my things and called front desk told them I was checking at at 1:30 am and wanted a refund for my 2nd nights stay due to bed bugs:( Poor Customer Service even for choice hotels rewards members!!! The clerk was rude and not helpful said there was nothing she could do until the manager returned on Mon Jul 7. I was very upset and dissatified. This ruined my 4th of July weekend and my birthday. Still awaiting a call and my refund from the manager and choice hotels corporate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your visit. We have used your feedback to correct the mistakes that were made during your stay. We have contacted Ecolab and have corrected the problem that you encountered. We are very sorry for this. We value all guest feedback. We use feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Comfort Suites

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A short but important meeting brought me to Glen Allen, VA recently. Much to my surprise, I had a fair degree of difficulty booking into the nearby hotel that was hosting the meeting. After much searching, I managed to book into this nearby property literally at the last moment. And I was grateful.
Still very puzzled as to what was causing a scarcity of rooms in the area , upon check-in all was revealed ( as they say in old movies...).
NASCAR WEEKEND!
The property was clean and well maintained; it sits in what looks like a business park adjacent to offices and a small shopping center. The check in experience was fast & efficient, and a short walk from the front desk to the elevators got me to my room.
Or should I say HUGE apartment! Though not really such, it was a very large corner room that looked like it could have accommodated an army. It was quiet at all times of the day and night, and fairly nice, though not what I would consider luxurious by any means. The one somewhat odd feature of the room was an entry space that had almost kitchen countertops on either side, but there was no kitchen in the room. Simply wasted space and I could not figure out what the purpose was meant to be.
Housekeeping was good during my stay; no complaints there.
Skip the inclusive buffet breakfast. I have stayed at three such Comfort Suites, and two of the three featured the oddest breakfast "egg" Frisbee I have ever encountered. I have NO idea how this food item was concocted!
Minor issue though....considering the dire straits I could have been in for this trip had this property not been available, I am grateful for its availability.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Kjnbear,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We value all of your feedback about the hotel. Thank you for your thoughts about the eggs in the breakfast service. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied. We will pass this great feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The room was decent if a little noisy due to the proximity to I95. The bathroom was adequate and breakfast was Ok. The Aquarium in the lobby is a nice touch.

However since I was travelling with my family I had planned to spend a little time relaxing at the pool. That did not happen. The swimming pool was the worst I have ever encountered. The worst! First there were no towels in the area. Second...the smell of chlorine in the pool area was OVER-POWERING! My children were coughing after just a few minutes in the pool area. We lasted a total of 10 minutes before we had to evacuate due to breathing issues. I guess I know why we had the pool to ourselves. My kids had so looked forward to using the pool during our stay but could not due to the ridiculous conditions in the pool area. Unbelievable! Thirdly...the hot tub was set at a scalding temperature.

Overall I would rate my experience with the pool area a 0 out of 10. I would definitely not return to this hotel due to this issue.

The nearby mall is not good. There are some good places to eat though.

But again I say...If you don't plan on using the pool...you should have a decent stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side opposite Interstate 95. Don't plan on using the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jconaway99,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the pool area. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We will use this feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.