“Very Nice Hotel, Quiet Location”

TownePlace Suites Richmond
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
New York State
“Very Nice Hotel, Quiet Location”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Though a bit far from downtown Richmond, this is a great place to stay. In Glen Allen...Innsbrook area. It's in an office park...a bit tricky to find at night, but an excellent value. Very clean and the extra space is really helpful. There are lots of dining options very close by. Staff is great..very helpful and attentive. We have stayed twice and will do so again on our drives from NY State to South Carolina.

Room Tip: Not really a big deal, but a bit more convenient to be in the main building (there are two) so you d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Although the hotel is well hidden, the stay was awesome. The staff were excellent especially Monique. They were warm and welcoming and made our stay with three kids great. Thanks again from the Howie family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
estados unidos
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel is completely hidden from the road until you are almost in the driveway. It's at the back of a cull de sac, I drove by three times after dark before I found it. That being said, we received a warm welcoming greeting, nice after being on the road all day. The in-room kitchen makes it a nice option for longer stays. But there are plenty of nearby restaurants, some open all night. The cozy tucked away location makes it feel like an oasis, safe and secure away from all the traffic of the sprawling suburbs surrounding it. The bagel grab at breakfast was a little hectic, nice if the room were a little larger.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms on the back of the main building have a tree top feeling.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We visited Kings Dominion for my daughters 16th birthday and chose to stay here, which mind you was quite a ways away from the park despite what we were told. We have stayed at many Marriott properties and this was by far the worst experience. I agree with the person who stated they do not deserve the Marriott branding. No request were met. Our room size did not accomadate our party size as requested. They passed the blame off on the reservations department, which is fine but they still should have tried to fix the mistake regardless. Instead they made us book an additional room at FULL price. No customer service skills. I spoke with both a manager and an assistant manager and they both had horrible attitudes and did not want to hear what I had to say even though my approach was pleasant at first. I was promised a half refund by customer service and the hotel did not refund the money. I had to call back a week and a half later. We will see if my money is refunded this time, as of now it has not been. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jen61111
4231GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Your feedback helps us in understanding our need areas when it comes to service and the overall training of the staff. My sincerest apologies for the confusion during the reservation process as well as your overall experience at the hotel. It certainly is not our goal to provide an unpleasant experience for our guests. Thank you for the information as we will absolutely utilize this to ensure an issue like this does not arise in the future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at this place for one night, when I traveled to Richmond for work.

The hotel staff was all very friendly, and my room was nice and clean. I am a sensitive sleeper, but did not notice any annoying noise at night. Because this is a Towneplace Suite, my room was equipped with a full kitchen, fridge, sink, plates, silverware, etc. I was very surprised to find that my room did NOT have a hair dryer. For all travelers out there with long hair, pack your own!

I used their gym in the evening for a little bit. It is very small. It literally has one treadmill, and one elliptical.

This place serves breakfast in the morning. Nothing fancy, you can choose from cereal, english muffin, bagel, boiled egg, yogurt, etc. It was convenient for all business travelers looking for a quick grab and go breakfast.

I think for the price we paid, my stay here was great and I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Your feedback is truly appreciated, thank you very much! I am glad we were able to provide you with the level of service you are accustomed to. We strive to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with our services and accomodations. We thank you for the positive feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
NC-USA
Reviewed 17 August 2013

1st not close to King's Dominion. That however is not the problem, I was willing to drive a bit to save the dough. Arrived late. I had several request thru Marriott reward preferences with advance reservation. 2 towels for 4 guest even though requested extra towels and pillows. Requested 1st floor given 3rd. Not a single request was met. Check in was very poor. Area was poorly lit. Room was shoddy and not very clean, especially bathroom. Oddly it looked like they tried to upgrade room a bit. Haha. They actually put a marble countertop glued on top of an old laminate counter top. Not replaced. Beds were hard. Lamp didn't work. Breakfast was ok ,but nothing to write home about. The place simply had a bad feel too it all around. The Springhill Suites in same general area is so much better at same price. I will never be back at this hotel. I have stayed at other Townplace Suites which were very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4231GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your review. Your feedback provides us with specific issues guests may experience before and during their stay with us. My sincerest apologies for not fullfilling your requests. We make every attempt to ensure each of our guests are provided the Marrriott level of service that they expect. Your concerns are definitely being utilized as a training tool to ensure all future needs are met. We do hope that you return in the future to provide us with another opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for your feedback.
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

This is my third year staying at this hotel. I absolutely loved the upgrades. For the price you pay you get such a a great value. I love how its tucked away and in a quiet location. The only thing i can think of that is negative is the walls are a little thin, you can hear noises from the other rooms. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad you are happy with our new amenities and updated look. Your continued patronage is much appreciated and we look forward to your return!