“Compact and functional suite for family”

TownePlace Suites Richmond
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Compact studio with a full functional kitchen ( full size fridge, dishwasher)

The exterior pool was closed for the season but all interior shows well.

The rooms have been refurbished with granite counters in kitchen in bathroom but cabinets remain original. Carpet seems fresh and bathroom clean.

Good family stay for a short term.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stay here every Christmas when traveling to Richmond / Glen Allen due to the full kitchen in each room including a standard oven. Most suite hotels these days offer microwaves and having a real oven for cooking is great. Since last year, this hotel has done some renovations and they were very well done. They now have a nice breakfast area and the lobby is really spruced up and well stocked with grocery items. Our room had new appliances and every thing was updated and worked very well. Lastly, the exercise room is a little small, but the equipment is top notch. The treadmill is first rate and it and the attached TV worked fine.

Room Tip: We like the main building where the office is because you don't have to leave the building to ex...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Though a bit far from downtown Richmond, this is a great place to stay. In Glen Allen...Innsbrook area. It's in an office park...a bit tricky to find at night, but an excellent value. Very clean and the extra space is really helpful. There are lots of dining options very close by. Staff is great..very helpful and attentive. We have stayed twice and will do so again on our drives from NY State to South Carolina.

Room Tip: Not really a big deal, but a bit more convenient to be in the main building (there are two) so you d...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Although the hotel is well hidden, the stay was awesome. The staff were excellent especially Monique. They were warm and welcoming and made our stay with three kids great. Thanks again from the Howie family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel is completely hidden from the road until you are almost in the driveway. It's at the back of a cull de sac, I drove by three times after dark before I found it. That being said, we received a warm welcoming greeting, nice after being on the road all day. The in-room kitchen makes it a nice option for longer stays. But there are plenty of nearby restaurants, some open all night. The cozy tucked away location makes it feel like an oasis, safe and secure away from all the traffic of the sprawling suburbs surrounding it. The bagel grab at breakfast was a little hectic, nice if the room were a little larger.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms on the back of the main building have a tree top feeling.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We visited Kings Dominion for my daughters 16th birthday and chose to stay here, which mind you was quite a ways away from the park despite what we were told. We have stayed at many Marriott properties and this was by far the worst experience. I agree with the person who stated they do not deserve the Marriott branding. No request were met. Our room size did not accomadate our party size as requested. They passed the blame off on the reservations department, which is fine but they still should have tried to fix the mistake regardless. Instead they made us book an additional room at FULL price. No customer service skills. I spoke with both a manager and an assistant manager and they both had horrible attitudes and did not want to hear what I had to say even though my approach was pleasant at first. I was promised a half refund by customer service and the hotel did not refund the money. I had to call back a week and a half later. We will see if my money is refunded this time, as of now it has not been. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen61111
4231GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for your review of the hotel. Your feedback helps us in understanding our need areas when it comes to service and the overall training of the staff. My sincerest apologies for the confusion during the reservation process as well as your overall experience at the hotel. It certainly is not our goal to provide an unpleasant experience for our guests. Thank you for the information as we will absolutely utilize this to ensure an issue like this does not arise in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at this place for one night, when I traveled to Richmond for work.

The hotel staff was all very friendly, and my room was nice and clean. I am a sensitive sleeper, but did not notice any annoying noise at night. Because this is a Towneplace Suite, my room was equipped with a full kitchen, fridge, sink, plates, silverware, etc. I was very surprised to find that my room did NOT have a hair dryer. For all travelers out there with long hair, pack your own!

I used their gym in the evening for a little bit. It is very small. It literally has one treadmill, and one elliptical.

This place serves breakfast in the morning. Nothing fancy, you can choose from cereal, english muffin, bagel, boiled egg, yogurt, etc. It was convenient for all business travelers looking for a quick grab and go breakfast.

I think for the price we paid, my stay here was great and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Your feedback is truly appreciated, thank you very much! I am glad we were able to provide you with the level of service you are accustomed to. We strive to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with our services and accomodations. We thank you for the positive feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside

Been to TownePlace Suites Richmond? Share your experiences!