“Great location, helpful staff and a breakfast to get you started.”

TownePlace Suites Richmond
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed at the Town Place for a week and really enjoyed it. The staff pay attention to details, for example fresh baked choc chip cookies in the evening, extra supplies if needed and a solid and healthy breakfast.
Kristen kept the breakfast well stocked and she always had a smile a happy Good Morning for one and all.
If part of your exercise program is to walk the hotel is very close to a large corporate park that has several miles of walking trails, around lakes.
Check in was fast and accurate and our room request was honored.

Room Tip: For the two of us and our dog the efficiency suites work out just fine, the one bedroom does give y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gfindlan
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Richmond

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here on a trip to Charlottesville since we booked late and everything closer was booked. Check in was friendly and easy, the room was spotless, the best kitchen I've seen for this price. Breakfast was fresh and adequate.

Bed was a little soft, but otherwise this hotel was perfect for a quick stop. Located in a quiet office park but 3 minutes from all of the shopping and dining in Short Pump.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank fglogan
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. It was our first stay at this brand and we found it very nice. With the full kitchen, we would have been very comfortable on a long stay. The only negative (sort of) was the bed. While I slept quite well, my husband complained that the bed was not comfortable for him.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ArcheryFamily-NJ
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Hiding in an office park in Glen Allen is the TownePlace Suites, so bring your written directions or a GOS (really just a mile and a few turns off of Route 295). Impeccably clean, recently remodeled, and the room was QUIET. I have stayed at older hotels (all brands, but esp. the older Towne Place Suites that haven't been renovated) and had to listen to the refrigerator clunking all night and the air conditioner/heating unit. No, not hear. QUIET.

Nice people, a great find. If I find myself in the area again, I would be back, and this is a god mid-way point for anyone on the 95 North-South route.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank aktodc2010
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I'm partial to Marriott properties and appreciate the dog-friendly TownePlace Suites immensely. The upsides outweigh the downsides but there is one downside in particular that's awfully frustrating and that is: the hotels across the brand (and actually, Residence Inns as well) obviously strive to maintain a similar presence but I find that this replicates the good as well as the bad. For example, I find that the noise-insulation is really poor and that the exterior doors slam. I travel with a white-noise machine that handles some of the other noise issues, but that slamming door is irritating and a soft-close mechanism of some sort would be very helpful.

That said, the rest of my stay was great. The staff are consistently pleasant and welcoming. The room set-up with mini-kitchen is great for long-stays. Everything feels new and clean and maintained. The dog-walking areas are well-lit and ample (the hotel is in a business park with lots of places to walk and lots of grassy and shady places). Once I got oriented I found everything to be close-by.

Pet owners may like the Dogwood Dell - a leash-free park within a series of ravines and trails. I found it by Google. I'd guess it's about a 20 minute drive.

Room Tip: I traveled with a dog and was happy to be on the bottom floor. However, there is a lot of noise from...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was well located, in a very quiet area, but right off the main street. I had a studio, as it was just me and my daughter staying for a soccer tourney. The room was great, clean, had everything we could have needed for a week stay, but sadly we were only there for the night. The service was great, and breakfast was basic but fresh and good. It is only a mile from the "HogsHead Cafe" if you are looking for an amazing place to eat!! Would come back, no question.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank beentheredonethat73
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Super staff, nice complimentary b'fast, clean room with Paul Mitchell notions. Rooms are nicely appointed, plenty of workspace and super comfortable bed. Only negative was the room had a slight smoke/musty smell. Nothing that I could not live with but it was apparent. Wonderful location close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#16 of 23 in Glen Allen
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End

Been to TownePlace Suites Richmond? Share your experiences!