“Not What I Expected”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 17 March 2012

It's probably my fault for not knowing that this was the "bottom tier" of the Extended Stay hotel chain. I will say that the check-in was very easy and pleasant, they accomodated our family when just about everything else in the area was booked, and the room was HUGE. However, the 3rd floor was horrid smelling. It reeked of smoke, the mattresses were OLD, and there were cigarette holes in everything from the couch and comforters to the counters and tabletops. The towels were the size of shammys and the lighting was horrible. It was bearable for the 10 hours we were there but there's no way we would have stayed a second night. We're just a plain working family and not highly expectant picky travelers...but even WE were disappointed at the low quality from this line of hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Richmond - Innsbrook. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at StudioPlus, The staff is very pleasant and helpful. I had a Double Queen room, and it had PLENTY of space to accommodate my family and myself. I loved that they have a FULL size kitchen, with a refrigerator and so you don't have to worry about where you are going to eat, you can just cook your own food, which saves money and is better for you. I did stay for an extended amount of time (longer than 30 days) so I was able to really enjoy all of the benefits of staying at this wonderful hotel. It is in a very good location, near the major highways, near the grocery stores and also very close to family oriented activities, i.e.: Mall, Shops, Chuck E’ Cheese, Movies etc. It also is surrounded by adult activities, such as Dave & Buster’s, Theatre, restaurants, spas and even local Bars. It is tucked behind a furniture store and also a car rental location, so you don't have the noise from the traffic to bother you but still easy to find. I would definitely recommend Studio Plus to my friends and family and I will also be returning again soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Richmond - Innsbrook. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I am very happy with my stay at StudioPlus Richmond - Innsbrook.just like home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a positive note about your experience at Studio Plus Richmond - Innsbrook. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

If you're looking for a cheap stay heres the place. Through priceline I was about to book a room for about 25 which is amazing! Pretty decent sized rooms, not the freshest place though but good enough and good location!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I have stayed here many times over the last few years. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are always clean. Housekeeping is once a week - just the way I like it. Many restaurants are nearby and the best shopping in Richmond is 5 minutes away. It is located just off I-64, so it is easy to reach any part of Richmond. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. Low cost WIFi.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Wow, i've never been so disgusted. It smelled like smoke and vomit, before i put my bag down i ran back out the door and stayed somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ann63az
Reviewed 30 June 2008

Refrigerator was off and closed.....horrible stink. Wall in kitchen had food stuck to it. Toilet was clean, but the seat was old and the paint was blistering and stained. The sofa sleeper was broken and had a huge urine stain in the middle of it. The halls had cobwebs and spiders. I'm saving the best for last ----- the "newly" renovated pool had a dead RAT in it. The rat was there for a while because it was even floating anymore.

While we were there going about our business in our room the hotel manager called to see if everything was okay. When I told her "no" and listed our complaints (16 in all - we kept a list and pictures) she stated she wasn't concerned about that - she was concerned about the noise since our room was above the office and not good for business. Did I mention the party that the desk clerk had outside the hotel around 2 am or the 2 fire alarms because someone burned their food twice!?!?!?!

We tried to move to another hotel, but nothing was available. At checkout my husband was told that the quoted rate on our online confirmation was for the first night only.

The only positive thing I can say is that there were no bed bugs or roaches! We have pictures......we are reporting this hotel to the health department!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
6 mi away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook? Share your experiences!