“This place is great!”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel is being renovated. The rooms are beautiful. The pool and exercise room are very convenient. The staff is very helpful and treat you like family. I get an excellent discount because of the company I work for. I will continue to stay here until I find a permanent hom.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on the 3rd floor. They are not renovated yet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Terrible experience!! The girl at the desk Lakeisha or Lateisha was not at all helpful, on the contrary! My air was not working when we arrived at 3PM ..she said that "the maintenance man was not in , and would not be in until..'oh, haha' Monday morning..and they were booked so they could not move my room..I said, "well, my son just canceled his room for tonight so I know that is available so could I go there tonight and then I will have to deal with the air myself tomorrow".".no ,m'am.. we would have to clean it before he comes in tomorrow" I said "I am his mother, I will clean it" ..she said "no m'am.. you don't understand , someone would have to clean it before the next guest comes in" I said "well check out is 11 and check in is 3.. you do not have a housekeeper tomorrow either??" As she rolled her eyes and rubbed her head she said" you don't understand" I said, "fine, forget it".at 8, when I went into my room, for the night, I heard a loud noise next to my room, as if a power washer was hitting the side of my wall with water..I again went to the desk,same girl, and asked her about the noise d could she please check to see if it was something that could be done..maybe a sink or something was flushing , as it was a vacant closet room..she said "when I have time..I am working on something''..45 min later, I went back, asked again..as she quickly put her phone down, she said "when I am finished , I have to finish the night audit first" (on your phone????).. I resigned myself to a sleepless night, which I had..(bed was HARD! as well ) and when I pulled a night table out to plug in my phone , there was an empty soda can on the floor, streaks of dried soda on the wall, and a cigarette butt on the floor..this in a NON-smoking room) next morning I met my daughter in law at the first floor..she asked to see if I could be moved.."no.. that noise is from the elevator..we only book that room when we are full") .. there was the maintenance man standing there and when we said about the air-conditioner he said .. I would have looked at it, and we told both of them the girl said there was no maintenance man until Monday....she tn asked to see a manager.."there are none here"..she said "I WILL see someone , she (me) is getting a different room." and insisted on speaking to someone..all of a sudden, a room WAS available.. they moved me, (it was a room that costs $10 more..I guess they did not want to move me there before).. Oh, also at 7 AM Sun morn the fire alarm BLARRED and in my room a sharp bright light as well...ran around to get wallet , opened the door, and there were workers standing around talking, etc..and after asking, found out it was a false alarm .. although no one said anything!!..we had to ask!! And apparently, it had gone off 7 times throughout the day on Saturday!!( we were not around) Breakfast consists of muffins, quaker bars and coffee, but by 9:55 am, it is scooped away .. coffee as well....We stayed from Sat to Mon, and there are/were no maintenance, no managers and no one at desk from 11PM til morn apparantly. If you MUST stay here DO NOT let them give you room 111 ! you will not sleep!

Room Tip: DON'T get room 111 !!! Rooms all have kitchenette though.. And if you get a deluxe with the p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

it was a pleasure to sleep and hang out in a clean, quiet and comfortable place. It was off the highway so it was quiet. No riff-raff hanging about. Nice place for the money. I have spent more for less in the past. I just wish the whole place was non-smoking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

If you need affordable, long-term accommodations, this represents good value and excellent location. Staff are always helpful and have greatly improved breakfast to include healthy options. They are also pet friendly and provide ample parking.

Room Tip: First floor is non smoking. Pet friendly also.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm very glad that you were able to enjoy the value and reap the benefits of the services we offer. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I do a lot of traveling because I'm in the Military and I also love to travel. I found a few places in the area but I didn't like the area. I saw this one and walked in. From the moment i walked in I was greeted with a smile and a nice person in the front office. I was thanked for my military service and treated like a king. I was offered a viewing of the room and once I walked in i was completely amazed by the room. From the opening of the door, i felt like it was home. Wood and carpet flooring, Nice kitchen area, beautiful bed and soft pillows and a flat screen tv. On the way back to the front office i ran into the Manager Kristen and she greeted me with a smile and a reassurance that this is the best hotel i will ever stay at. I was a believer. Quit and relaxing. No loud noises and I feel very safe here and it feels like home. Anytime I'm in this area this is going to be my hotel of choice forever. Thank you for making this trip relaxing and peaceful for me.

Room Tip: The location of this hotel is in perfect traveling distance from where you have to be. Highway right...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Jerry - I appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to write such an awesome review of our hotel. The team members at our hotel were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodations. We appreciate all you do and wish you luck on your future travels!

Thank you again for your kind words. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future, and sincerely hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at this property for two nights (booked $40/night on priceline.com) last weekend.

The hotel is located on Broad Street, behind a Haverty's furniture store near the Innsbruck area of Richmond's West End.

We showed up at 11:10pm, but the front office closes at 11. If you arrive after 11pm, you need to ring up the front office from a telephone to get the night manager to open up the front office and to check you in.

I have stayed in much newer and nicer Extended Stay (suite) properties. The downside of this property is its age. Located in tobacco-friendly Richmond, the entire hotel (yes, including the room) smells of cigarette smoke (think of it like your room is sitting above a smoky casino). Bathroom fixtures look dated and starting to rust, hallways look smoke-stained and I had the feeling I was walking down the halls of a college dormitory instead of a hotel hallway.

The room was well-appointed. There was a good working desk with free WIFI. The kitchenette was in good working order and although we didn't need to use the kitchen, all utensils and appliances appeared to be perfect for someone who would be staying at the property for more than a couple of nights.

The queen-sized bed was comfortable and my wife LOVED the pillows. The hotel was fairly quiet, but we still managed to hear even small noises coming from neighboring rooms. The walls must be pretty thin, so I'm glad there weren't a lot of parties going on when we stayed there!

The bathroom was nothing to write home about. Shampoo and disks of soap were provided. The towels were kind of skimpy, and looked like they may have benefited from another washing. I'd rate the shower a 2.5 out of 3. The temperature control and drainage were ok. The water pressure could have been better, but I believe that a device to conserve water on the shower head was doing its job and was reducing the flow of water somewhat, while making a shrill noise.

"Breakfast" is provided, but it's not up to the level of breakfasts provided by other properties. There is a lounge area where I suppose you could try to eat breakfast, but I can't imagine that many would feel comfortable in doing this. The breakfast consisted of some oatmeal bars, instant oatmeal packets, some apples and an orange. Also, coffee and hot water were available. VERY basic!

If the smell of cigarette smoke doesn't bother you and you need to do business near the West End of Richmond, this property would be a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Just wanted top share my experience.........I stayed at the Studio Plus Motel on two seperate occasions for a week at a time. It had been reccomended to me by one of my work associates. Along with the units being well kept, updated and comfortable.........there was also a full kitchen available in each unit. I travel extensively with my company and the cost of eating out constantly is staggering so when you find a great deal such as this you jump on it!

On another note, With my job, I get alot of miscellaneous material sent to my location at each project. Most of the time I leave a business card at the front desk and request a call when it delivers but usually I have to make the call to see if it arrived. The girls at the front desk (evenings and days) really took care of me!! I requested the same call when my material arrived and the evening clerk passed along the info as she promised she would. I received a call as soon as the delivery was made on two different occasions.

I would definitley stay here again if I'm ever in Richmond working!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels