“Comfy and Cozy”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The rooms were clean and very modern. The bed and pillows were the best I have ever slept in. I felt right at home with the friendly staff . The suite was set up like an apt. and very close to every convince . There is a 24 Hour CvS across Broad street. I spent 7 nights there and did not want to leave. The food was decent and coffee was very good and a wide selection of brews. The affordability of the room rates makes it a must stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent stay. Good value for the money. Breakfast and staff are excellent. Food is always inviting and a good way to start the day. Well located on Braod street, Route 250 near shops, retail, and I-64. Staff is always friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Old property--rumor has it Washington slept here (OK--maybe it was Eisenhower) but this place is old & dated. Room furniture looks like it came from a thrift shop--old & battered & cheap. Breakfast offerings are very weak & coffee is terrible. No complimentary wine or beer in the evenings as is a staple at other Homewoods I've stayed at. The entire hotel has a foul odor--like a greasy kitchen. Staff was pleasant & sleep quality was OK & place is probably OK for a family with children looking for an affordable place but for the business traveler--pass this one up.

Room Tip: 4th floor is noisey & is a smoking floor--don't take a room on 4
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have stayed at several hotels over the years a family. Our stay here was by far one of the most enjoyable stays ever. The rooms were amazing and clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the locationwas great. Unbelievable value. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

we HAD to go to this hotel due to the hotel we were planning on staying at promised us they had plenty of room and when we arrived to check in they had no rooms...they suggested we stay at homewood suites.. we were pleasantly surprised.. i think they felt sorry for us because they upgraded us to a suite (a full kitchen wih a full size fridge, 2 burner stove top, microwave and coffee maker) although we didn't use the stove or the microwave it was a nice gesture) this was our first stay at this chain and i would not hesitate to stay again...it was clean, the rooms were spacious, it was quiet and the breakfast was GREAT! i needed a late checkout as my husband had a job interview that ran late and they were very accomodating...don't hesitate to stay at this lovely hotel.....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Spent four nights at the Homewood Suites in Glen Allen, Virginia. I arrived late and the staff was quick to get me checked in. The breakfast was a nice start to the day and the evening reception was a nice welcome after a long day at school. The room was large with a separate living area including stove, fridge, microwave, and dishwasher. Super clean all the way around from my room to the lobby to the gym to the eating area. A must stay at hotel if you are ever in Glen Allen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were getting tired on the way from SC to NJ, and my quadruplegic 17-year-old daughter was feeling REALLY grubby because I had forgotten to ask for a room with handicapped shower at our last stop. I went on my Hilton app and had enough points for a free room here for the night. The access was easy, and the bathroom was great - even had a seat in the shower large enough for me to tilt her wheelchair back for a good shower. She was so happy. Great coffee, standard Homewood breakfast, no brown sugar for the oatmeal, but oh well. The place was quiet and clean, and we slept well. I think the light with the switch close to the door wasn't working in the bathroom, or maybe burned out, so we had to sleep with the other bathroom light on so my husband could find it as he sleepwalked. One thing I didn't like is, it seems like nobody was ever at the front desk. I finally realized he was sitting in an office room behind the reception area. Very nice, helpful staff, and I do love the Homewood Suites for a stay with the family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End? Share your experiences!