“Fantastic Hotel!”

Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 24 August 2011

What a great hotel!
I stayed here because this was the site of my 45th High School Reunion.
I must say that this was my first experience at Comfort Suites and I was not disappointed.
I chose a room with a whirlpool bath and it was exquisite.
The hotel staff was extremely welcoming and attentive.
I would recommend this hotel to my family, friends.
Comfort Suites was a wonderful place to stay at a great price. The rooms are roomy.
This hotel has a fantastic breakfast but I did not partake because I was not hungry at the time.
The pool is also wonderful !!!
The hotel is located near an abundance of shopping and great restaurants.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Please consider Comforts Suites if you are in the Richmond, VA area.

Room Tip: Ask for what you are desirous of when you book your room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Jesse M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

We loved having your group everyone was so fun and just a joy to be around. We look forward to having you again the next time everyone gets together. Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My two boys (2 and 6) and I went along with my husband on a business trip. We stayed at this hotel and never had any problems whatsoever. We swam in the pool each night, and the hotel is in an excellent location. Great shopping and restaurants all around!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for you kind review. We recently resurfaced the pool so it is nice to see that it reflects in the value that you received. We look forward to handling your accommodations anytime your husband needs to travel to the area or if you just come for a visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

I believer last time we stayed here was about 2 years ago...We love everything about this hotel, the breakfast, how clean the rooms are and the lobbies, The wonderful staff and management. My favorite clerk there was the cute little Indian girl name-"NISHA." She helped me with everything. She has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen so far after my wife offcourse! Absolutely little swetheart! I know your hotel does not have room-service, however, Nisha always brought up all the things I needed for my stay-towels, remote,batteries, tooth brush and etc. She always made sure that we were happy with everything. Also,She helped me with restaurant's directions, recommened some good restaurant's, malls and many more! She was so wonderful. I would like to stay with your facility again! Thank you so much for your wonderful services that you provide us and make our family trip memorable!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Markt09

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. Unfortunately for ME Nisha was promoted to our companies flagship hotel and is no longer here to help me. But her attitude and dedication to the guest experience shines through in the rest of the desk staff that works here. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Glen Allen area.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

I was passing through and decided to stay there for the night. This hotel was amazing and the decoration was very attractive. rooms were very nice. Front desk was very nice... The indian girl at the front desk was very nice and kind and helpful. Needed some directions and that girl printed me out some mapquest directions and suggested some restaurants and which was great by the way. Helped me out with a lot of things. ONLY DOWN SIDE WAS THE GUY THAT WAS WORKING THE NIGHT SHIFT. ASKED HIM ABOUT THE WIFI AND HE SAID ITS DOWN RIGHT NOW... BUT I SAW HIM WATCHING VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE ON THE COMPUTER BEHIND THE DESK. (BIG YOUNG GUY WITH GLASSES). OTHER THAN THAT EVERYTHING WAS GREAT.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank watevr6

Thank you for your review it is detailed reviews like this that allow me to take action and make the changes necessary to guarantee that every guest has the best experience possible. I would like to personally apologize for the actions of the front desk staff that was on duty when you had the internet issue. I take pride in my front desk staffs desire to give the best experience possible and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and it has been dealt with. I would also like to apologize for the internet being down. Unfortunately the guest room internet and the front desk operate through different services. So often times one will work while the other does not, so please accept my apologies for that. I look forward to offering you best service possible the next time you are in the Glen Allen area and need accommodations. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 21 April 2011

Good nights sleep, room was clean, but pretty worn and needs some upgrading. The new General Manager was nice and professional.

The only real issue I had was on Sunday morning when it would have been great to sleep in, I was woken up by housekeeping vacuuming the hallway rug outside the door at 8:45am. I called downstairs and the owner answered the phone, I asked him why they were doing this on a Sunday morning, he actually laughed at my question and said he would let them know. This tells me that he obviously didn't take my call seriously.

I had been staying at this hotel for a few days, and no other days did housekeeping vacuum the hall. They actually picked Sunday to do this task.

I don't expect much from hotels, but what I do demand is, the guest should never be woken up by housekeeping, and always respect the Do not Disturb sign. The guest should never be inconvenienced by housekeeping. Many hotels seem to forget, a hotel is run by it's management, not the housekeeping staff. They should also remember, the guest comes first!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Choice-MemberDiamond

Thank you for you honest review. We have spoken personally and I hope that we were able to resolve any small issues that you had during your stay. Thank you for the tips for my trip to New Orleans. i looked like a hero with everyone having so many place to go. Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 November 2010

Pros: quick check in, spacious breakfast area, lots of breakfast selections.

Cons: dated carpet in hallways, only one working elevator (which was a huge problem since there were so many kids from a soccer tournament staying there), bathroom in room with peeling paper, broken tiles and dirty grout, and the smallest soap dish in the shower stall that could only hold a travel size bar of soap...no place to put shampoo, wash rag, etc. and the internet was unreliable.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank ivcoffeeuser
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed here with my wife and two small children to attend a wedding nearby. Richmond is easy access. Plenty of parking. The front desk service was very good (after seeing a bunch of reservations with the same last name, the front desk manager proactively made sure that our room was near the rest of my extended family). The rooms were no frills, but they looked new, very clean, and good A/C. The internet access was decent. Indoor pool was a bit small, but great for kids. Free breakfast comparable to other hotel chains. For the money, a good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook
#8 of 23 in Glen Allen
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Been to Comfort Suites Innsbrook? Share your experiences!