“Quiet, Clean Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Quiet, Clean Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed at two other hotels in this area, but I like this one the best. Check-in was uncomplicated and I asked if I could check out early (I decided not to stay longer than the convention). She said no problem. My room was clean and well ventilated. The breakfast was good and varied. Beverages were available downstairs. The beds are comfy. My only complaint was that in my room on the second floor (odd side), there was no view.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Terri S
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the staff was able to assist you and honor your request as your plans changed. You are right, some of our lower floor rooms overlook our pool area and have limited views. The higher floor rooms with "even" room numbers offer the best views for your future visits. We hope to have you as our guest when you return to the area. Again, thank you for sharing your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a two double bed with living room suite and loved it. The rooms were HUGE! Beds were very comfortable and the pillows were awesome (there were both firm and soft pillows on each bed)! The kitchenette and dining area were spacious and clean. The living room sofa was a pull out bed that looked comfortable. There were lots and lots of outlets for electronics and chargers. Two flat screen tvs. The bathroom was super huge too - separate shower and Jacuzzi tub. double sinks. towels were very clean and plush.
On the down side, the shower drained so slowly that only two people could take short showers before the water reached the top of shower stall enclosure. It seems they have had other water issues as the ceiling over the Jacuzzi had temporary repairs and the caulking in the shower had old mold. The pot lights in the bathroom did not have liners and you could see much accumulated dust and gunk in them. There were some poorly painted areas in the living room as well. While they did not fix our shower while we were there, they did comp us for one of our two nights without our requesting it. Oh, and the weather was so variable it was hard to tell if the a/c-heat unit was working correctly or not. It might need service/repair.
Breakfast both mornings was good - lots of pastries, cereals, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle making stuff, etc. Very good!
We will be back!

Room Tip: If you have six people to put in a room, by all means, get the 2 double beds with separate living ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your stay with us. I can assure you that we are correcting the items you mentioned in your bathroom. I am very sorry about the mis-communication on the bath tub versus the shower draining slow. The tub was checked on Saturday while you were out. I did not even think about the shower, because that has never been a concern in the past. Again I am sorry about that. I am glad you enjoyed the large suite and appreciated the recent renovations. Thank you for the compliments on the breakfast as well, we just made some changes to ensure we have a good variety of items for our guest. We look forward to having you as our guest on future visits to the Glen Allen/ Richmond Area. Again, thank you
Saugerties, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel was under construction on lower floors. Management was very considerate and made the stay as easy and comfortable as possible. Robert, the manager, was exceptionally accommodating and had a refreshing understanding of his being the manager of a hotel which is quite rare these days. Christine was very efficient and pleasant (not in the usual artificial manner we have experienced at other hotels).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mmoore6503
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I am sorry for the delay in replying to your comment. I much appreciate your compliments on the staff (it is posted on our "wall of fame') and the renovation process. We are complete with the renovations and excited about our new hotel. I hope to have you as our guest on future visits to our area. Again, thank you for taking time to share your stay experience.
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Your hotel was clean, and nice. Your hotel check in people are very nice. I believe the hotel check in guy is named Kevin. He was very helpful throughout my stay for the two (2) days I was there. I was staying at your hotel for a soccer tournament. I'm a soccer referee. I appreciate y'all giving me a room for two (2) nights.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your comments from your recent stay with us. We value our relationship with the local soccer clubs and enjoy housing the referees while in town.I appreciate your compliments on the staff. I can assure you that this was shared with the staff and your comment was posted on our "wall of fame". Again, thank you and we hope to see you this spring as the soccer tournaments get into full swing.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I needed a place near the church where I was attending a choral workshop and this was assigned to me by Hotwire. While it was not set up as other suites I have stayed in, there was a fridge and microwave. I require a wheelchair accessible room and this worked well. The hotel provides a breakfast but most foods were microwaved, but there were many restaurants in the area and that made it great for me. When I got ready to leave, I did find a sock that was not mine under the suitcase table that must have been left by prior occupants, but the rest of the place was clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your comments and feedback with us. In reviewing recent reviews, I relaized that some of my responses did not post. I am pleased to hear that the room worked well for your needs. I'm sure you saw some of our on going renovations during your stay. We are complete with the renovations and the rooms look great. I appreciate the housekeeping comment as well. I did remind the housekeeping staff to pay closer attention to areas like the luggage bench you mentioned. We hope if you return to the area for a future Church function, that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Again, thank you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at this property September 14, 2013 for an event going on at Kings Dominion. The location was great and only about 30 minutes from the park. It was surrounded by tons of restaurants, shopping, and the location felt very safe. The property itself was slightly outdated but was very clean. They are currently renovating and I am sure it is going to look fantastic! I arrived a bit early because I didn't want to be stuck in traffic and there were no rooms ready BUT the awesome lady at the front desk was about to get me in a room about 20 minutes later. Later on the night we needed a few items and CHRISTIN was a ROCKSTAR!!!! She took excellent care of us!! Overall the staff was excellent!!! The only issue I had was dealing with the night Auditor Travis. He was by far one of the rudest people I have encountered at a front desk and I do a lot of traveling. He was grumpy, rude, nasty, and every other negative word you can use to describe someone in the hospitality industry. He would be the only reason I wouldn't recommend this property. If they got rid of this Travis guy this property would be top notch.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
In reviewing recent comments and reviews- I realized that some of my responses did not post. I would like to thank you for your comments and feedback from your stay with us. We are complete with our renovations and the rooms do look great. I appreciate your comment on Christen and the staff, she is a valuable asset to our hotel. I am very sorry for the manner and unprofessional appearance that you received from the night auditor. I can assure you that this was addressed directly with him, and additional guest service training has taken place. I hope you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guest and see the completed renovations on your next visit to the area. Again, thank you for sharing your comments.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I usually try to look at the bright side of things, but not in this situation. This aging hotel may have been something in its heyday but now it has become dilapidated. Overall the hotel is modest with amenities like free breakfast, nice pool, and scenic views around the hotel; but that's it. I found this place on Priceline and paid extra for a room. I will say the front desk guy was helpful, but our housekeeper wasn't on her job. If we place towels on the floor in the bathroom it means can we have fresh towels. Not only did she ignore it but push them out her way so she can clean the bathroom. I will not stay again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Monske
In reviewing recent comments- I realized that some of my responses did not post. I would like to thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. I can assure you that continued training has been completed in our housekeeping department that has dramatically improved the level of cleaniness in our rooms. Your situation was addressed in this training. We have also completed a floor to celing renovation in all our guest rooms and public areas since your last visit with us. We are excited about the completed renovations and would encourage you to give us the opportunity to have you as our guest on your next visit to the area. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us.