“Very nice!”

Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great value and location! The room and bathroom was large and more than comfortable for 2 adults and 1 child. This is a great central location to visit many historical sites. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your recent stay. We are excited that you found the hotel to be a great value and enjoyed the location. We recently completed a full renovation of our entire hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to the area. Again, thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

After celebrating our 15th Anniversary in Virginia Beach, my wife and I planned to stay here overnight on our way back to North Carolina. We really enjoyed the accommodations and the great location. Any shops or eateries that you can imagine are very close to this hotel (within 1 1/2 miles).

Room Tip: Make sure your refridgerator is plugged in.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your "Great Stay" with us. We are please you enjoyed your recently renovated room. The area is great, with numerious shops and dining that can be enjoyed while in the area. Sorry about the refrigerator. We added the additional outlets mounted on the desk, but guest still seem to need extra outlets. I will ensure housekeeping is paying closer attention to ensure these are plugged in. Again, thank you, and we hope you enjoyed your anniversary trip. We hope to have you as our guest on future visits to the area.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I spent a weekend here recently with some friends. I chose this hotel because I had stayed here a few years ago. Innsbrook is a great area because of the close proximity of several restaurants and bars, and the Comfort Suites is the most reasonably priced hotel in the area. I had stayed here a few years back, and it was satisfactory, but it has since been renovated, and the rooms are very nice. My only negative comment would be about the breakfast, which was very basic. We found a few things to eat one morning but opted to go out to Bob Evans the second morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Good afternoon, thank you for taking time to share your recent stay with us. We are excited you found our recent renovations to be very nice. We are the "best value in Innsbrook" as you stated. The area is great with a variety of dining, both within walking distance and a short drive to the Short Pump Mall area.We will look at some additional options for our breakfast to improve the variety and selection based on your comments. Again, thank you for your review and your loyalty. We hope to have you as our guests on future visits to the area.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Everyone here goes the extra mile to make sure your stay is perfect! It is very close to many restaurants yet very quiet! Our room was very clean and comfortable! We are on a one year ride across America and this hotel is a step above any choice hotel! As soon as you walk in you will notice the difference! Hats off to this hotel! Great job to all!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you found the staff to be professional and caring about your stay. We recently completed a full renovation to our lobby area and our guest rooms.The staff is excited to show off the newly renovated hotel. I hope you guys have a safe and successful ride across the US. We hope to see you on return trips you have to the Glen Allen/ Richmond Area (thunderstorms or not). Again, thank you for taking time to share your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

where to begin my review is going to be very negative from the moment that we checked into our room we found out hair in the tub the remote control wasn't working to the tv. I went to the front desk to let the staff to let them know about the issues. and it took them over 30 minutes to come to the room to resolve the issue with my room, again very dissatisfied but I was very surprised about the general manager that actually came down and cleaned the tub himself so kudos to the general manager Robert Yancey. the next day on Saturday we choose not to have our room service by the housekeeping staff so when I went to the front desk to ask for a towels and washcloths. the housekeeper (which I am NOT going to give her name) had the rudest attitude this is after we gave her a tip for bringing us the towels and wash clothes. Jesus I wonder what would happen if we didn't give her a tip. overall my stay at this hotel was not very good. again the only thing positive about this hotel was the beds and the general manager actually coming down to clean our tub for us.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AJMBJM2012

Thank you for taking time to share your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the unprofessional manner in which your towel request was handled. I can assure you that I have discussed this with our housekeeping staff, and have completed some additional training to ensure this does not happen to you or any other guests in the future. I remember your stay, and did not want you to wait any longer for your replacement remote and the re-cleaning of your tub. I was available and was more than happy to take care of these items for you. Again, thank you for your time. I hope you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guests on future visits to the area.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed at two other hotels in this area, but I like this one the best. Check-in was uncomplicated and I asked if I could check out early (I decided not to stay longer than the convention). She said no problem. My room was clean and well ventilated. The breakfast was good and varied. Beverages were available downstairs. The beds are comfy. My only complaint was that in my room on the second floor (odd side), there was no view.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Terri S

Thank you for taking time to share your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the staff was able to assist you and honor your request as your plans changed. You are right, some of our lower floor rooms overlook our pool area and have limited views. The higher floor rooms with "even" room numbers offer the best views for your future visits. We hope to have you as our guest when you return to the area. Again, thank you for sharing your stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a two double bed with living room suite and loved it. The rooms were HUGE! Beds were very comfortable and the pillows were awesome (there were both firm and soft pillows on each bed)! The kitchenette and dining area were spacious and clean. The living room sofa was a pull out bed that looked comfortable. There were lots and lots of outlets for electronics and chargers. Two flat screen tvs. The bathroom was super huge too - separate shower and Jacuzzi tub. double sinks. towels were very clean and plush.
On the down side, the shower drained so slowly that only two people could take short showers before the water reached the top of shower stall enclosure. It seems they have had other water issues as the ceiling over the Jacuzzi had temporary repairs and the caulking in the shower had old mold. The pot lights in the bathroom did not have liners and you could see much accumulated dust and gunk in them. There were some poorly painted areas in the living room as well. While they did not fix our shower while we were there, they did comp us for one of our two nights without our requesting it. Oh, and the weather was so variable it was hard to tell if the a/c-heat unit was working correctly or not. It might need service/repair.
Breakfast both mornings was good - lots of pastries, cereals, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle making stuff, etc. Very good!
We will be back!

Room Tip: If you have six people to put in a room, by all means, get the 2 double beds with separate living ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your stay with us. I can assure you that we are correcting the items you mentioned in your bathroom. I am very sorry about the mis-communication on the bath tub versus the shower draining slow. The tub was checked on Saturday while you were out. I did not even think about the shower, because that has never been a concern in the past. Again I am sorry about that. I am glad you enjoyed the large suite and appreciated the recent renovations. Thank you for the compliments on the breakfast as well, we just made some changes to ensure we have a good variety of items for our guest. We look forward to having you as our guest on future visits to the Glen Allen/ Richmond Area. Again, thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn

Been to Comfort Suites Innsbrook? Share your experiences!